Buy BWV or BCV

Why are these 2 so far apart as far as resale prices go? They seem somewhat similar to me.
Over the years they go back and forth between very close in price to big gap. When we bought BW there was hardly any price difference in asking prices. Other times resale can be 30 dollar gap.

DVC direct is BC $275 and BW $240. In 2021 that was BC $245 and BW $210. In 2018 they were both $165 direct.

Over the years they go back and forth between very close in price to big gap. When we bought BW there was hardly any price difference in asking prices. Other times resale can be 30 dollar gap.

DVC direct is BC $275 and BW $240. In 2021 that was BC $245 and BW $210. In 2018 they were both $165 direct.
That's interesting, thanks!

Why are these 2 so far apart as far as resale prices go? They seem somewhat similar to me.
I personally like BW better between the two as a resort as a whole. But with a young kid we're not travelling to exotic destinations like we would've before. So this is our "beach" vacation and for us SAB absolutely is the difference maker. As is legitimately rolling out of bed and into IG. Again total vibe and feel I think BW wins hands down. But BWs pool feels like a cement pond straight out of a Catskills resort from 1962. For us SAB is worth the difference in price any day. Also we managed to get our BC for BW prices so that made it a no brainer.

Last edited:
We own at BWV. We don't walk to DHS, we always take the boat. Boat from BCV is also available. I enjoy a pot of coffee on the balcony, so for us the views at BWV are better.

Parking is better at BCV, but we just park once and forget it. Always able to get a decant spot at BWV after check-in.

Enjoy the journey.

I agree - I’ve never understood it. Some people believe SAB justifies BCV’s premium (I’m not one of those folks). Others say it’s the shorter walk to EPCOT (I’d rather be close-ish to two parks). 🤷‍♀️
The only argument I have for it is SAB and the fact that it is just harder to get into than BWV. Maybe being closer to the skyliner is a factor even though you could easily walk to HS from BW?

I personally like BW better between the two as a resort as a whole. But with a young kid we're not travelling to exotic destinations like we would've before. So this is our "beach" vacation and for us SAB absolutely is the difference maker. As is legitimately rolling out of bed and into IG. Again total vibe and feel I think BW wins hands down. But BWs pool feels like a cement pond straight out of a Catskills resort from 1962. For us SAB is worth the difference in price any day. Also we managed to get our BC for BW prices so that made it a no brainer.
Yeah, BWV is truly integrated into BW as a whole where as BCV feels like it was thrown in last second in the back of Beach Club but even so if I were to purchase one, it'd be BCV just because it is closer to Epcot and it is undeniably harder to book than BWV at all times of the year.

So obviously the right move is to buy either BCV or BWV direct in 2018, or ideally even earlier. 🤪

In all seriousness, I think they are roughly evenly matched in desirability with some unique pros and cons, but BCV is a LOT smaller, so it helps keep price higher if there aren’t many sellers.

Tough decision IMO.

My first thought is Beach Club with young kids due to the pool with Stormalong Bay. And yes it's closer to Epcot International Gateway, however at BWV you can always just take the boat to Epcot and Hollywood and it's quicker and easier than from BCV.

Also, we love the little shops and food on the boardwalk and for kids that's always fun in the evening with the magicians and boardwalk shows.

Tough choice and really can't go wrong with either.

Thanks for reminding me how I should have purchased in 2015 and we decided not to. Then again in 2019 but we decided not to.

haha, finally bought this year but oh the money I'd have saved.....

Thanks for reminding me how I should have purchased in 2015 and we decided not to. Then again in 2019 but we decided not to.

haha, finally bought this year but oh the money I'd have saved.....
It is such a hard decision the first time. Looking for BW, BLT, or GF. I guess the 3rd time is just a hard to decide Where to buy!

It is such a hard decision the first time.

If I knew then (2015) what I know now :)

I mean the first time we took the kids, we had no idea. We just got online and booked rack rate, added deluxe dining, etc. We went all out. Somehow we did a split stay 1 BR at VGF then Kidani. Needless to say I spent more money than I should have. .....

Between my wife & I, we are split. I love BCV, SLB and soooo close to Epcot. My wife loves the views from BWV & the integration with the inn side and did I mention the views. We just closed on a Crescent Lake resale contract. Guess which resort, hint (no sand bottom pool 😀). Buy where you really want to stay. They both have their pros but in the end you're making memories with your family and enjoying WDW.

facebook twitter