• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buy APs now or wait?

Partridge4ever

DIS Veteran
Our trip is in January. We need 2 adult and one child AP. Can't take advantage of the FL and Chicago deal. My first thought was to buy the tickets now anyway using my DC discount. But I wonder if there might be some other promotion between now and January. We're arriving at WDW on a Saturday afternoon and would have to get our vouchers validated anyway, so I don't see how having the tickets early could save much time. On the other hand, what if AP prices go up before Jan. 12? What do you guys think?

My personal opinion is that Disney will not raise admission prices this coming year. (For the past few years, tickets prices have gone up in January).

You can use your DC discount even if you decide to buy the annual passes at one of the parks or DD. We sometimes buy passes ahead of time to spread out the expense of a WDW vacation. Other than beating a potential price increase or spreading out the costs, I can't think of any advantage to purchasing annual passes ahead of time.

Enjoy your trip!

When do you think that Disney will make an announcement on admission prices? Is it done (usually)with enough lead time so that you can make a decision one way or another? Thanks for the help.

:jester:

My recollection is about a week or two lead time before ticket prices increase. I tend to agree with Carol that the prices may not increase in January. I wouldn't be surprised to see them rise in September or October of next year after attendance recovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter