Bunk Bed Hotels within Walking Distance

WillowRain

You can find me at Animal Kingdom!
Okay so my sister in law was giving us a hard time about staying "farther away", we are booked at the Element. It's about 2100 total. 8 days. The Del Sol is MUCH cheaper and right there, but doesn't look even close to as nice as element. I figure the walk from Element is about equivalent to the walk from my home to our elementary school, about a mile. Not bad at all. They have ART, which of course is another 100 for the duration. Would yall stay at a closer lesser hotel or just stick with the Element? Savings are minimal if we switch to a closer hotel, however a lot of the sites have good deals now.

The Park Vue Inn has a couple of different rooms with bunk beds. It's nothing fancy, but it is clean and CLOSE.

Personally, I'd rather stay at a "less nice" motel and be a 5-minute walk from the parks. It's so easy to go back and take a mid-day break, and it's sooo nice at the end of the day to not have to wait for a shuttle or walk on sore feet!

how old are your kids? The walk to element isn’t bad at all. We love the room size there and they have a fantastic hot breakfast too. Now that our kids are older, we try to get a larger room as much as possible. It makes us all more comfortable. Here is a video of the walk to give you an idea. It would be hard for me to spend the same amount or more to get an older room and not have breakfast included, just to be a bit closer. I think you’ll have to decide if the distance is a deal breaker for your family.

Element Anaheim Resort and Convention Center Real Time Walk to Disneyland | Disneyland Good Neighbor

how old are your kids? The walk to element isn’t bad at all. We love the room size there and they have a fantastic hot breakfast too. Now that our kids are older, we try to get a larger room as much as possible. It makes us all more comfortable. Here is a video of the walk to give you an idea. It would be hard for me to spend the same amount or more to get an older room and not have breakfast included, just to be a bit closer. I think you’ll have to decide if the distance is a deal breaker for your family.

Element Anaheim Resort and Convention Center Real Time Walk to Disneyland | Disneyland Good Neighbor
Son is 8. Daughters are full size 12 and 13. So yah, this is IDEAL to have the bunk, couch and king for us. I really don't want to hear the gripes from the teens if they have to share a bed. I read several reviews about the breakfast and I'm very excited about it lol!

Hi WillowRain,
If you get the chance look into the Anaheim Portofino Inn And Suites because I was at their Yelp page and it mentioned they have suites with bunk beds and it's next door to a CVS and Walgreens and from I read it's an easy walk to Disneyland but the rooms look nice from what I read. I didn't read how much it is for a night or a suite there so you can give them a call to find out suite prices and more
Hope you find this advice very helpful Willow
Dodger

Son is 8. Daughters are full size 12 and 13. So yah, this is IDEAL to have the bunk, couch and king for us. I really don't want to hear the gripes from the teens if they have to share a bed. I read several reviews about the breakfast and I'm very excited about it lol!
Totally understand!! My boys are teens and they very much prefer to have their own space and bed now. We stayed in that room type at the element and really liked it. Their breakfast is awesome. Tons of options and the best laid out breakfast room we have seen. It’s the same on both sides, so every time we have stayed, there aren't any lines for food and it’s not chaotic like most breakfast rooms in the area. Have so much fun on your trip!!

Last edited:
Okay so my sister in law was giving us a hard time about staying "farther away", we are booked at the Element. It's about 2100 total. 8 days. The Del Sol is MUCH cheaper and right there, but doesn't look even close to as nice as element. I figure the walk from Element is about equivalent to the walk from my home to our elementary school, about a mile. Not bad at all. They have ART, which of course is another 100 for the duration. Would yall stay at a closer lesser hotel or just stick with the Element? Savings are minimal if we switch to a closer hotel, however a lot of the sites have good deals now.
We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites a few years ago and they had very reasonable prices along with full bunk bed rooms.

While it is not within walking distance to Disney, it is very close to the Toy Story parking lot which also houses security checkpoints and we found it to be very convenient as you skip the long security lines all together.

Check Desert Palms and Suites. There's also the Clementine, it's a little closer than the Element.

We are here right now and staying at Hyatt House. They have rooms with a bunk bed and sofa bed. There is a dividing set of sliding doors between the king bed and those other beds. The hotel is decent. Nothing fancy but we have no complaints. It’s just a bit of a longer walk than Candy Cane Inn.

The Springhill Suites have bunkbed suites available. We stayed there on our last trip to Disneyland. The suit has bunk beds, a pull out sofa bed, and two queen beds. It was great for 4 adults and a teen. We all had our own bed. While we didn't eat breakfast there, the breakfast buffet area was pretty large.

Okay so my sister in law was giving us a hard time about staying "farther away", we are booked at the Element. It's about 2100 total. 8 days. The Del Sol is MUCH cheaper and right there, but doesn't look even close to as nice as element. I figure the walk from Element is about equivalent to the walk from my home to our elementary school, about a mile. Not bad at all. They have ART, which of course is another 100 for the duration. Would yall stay at a closer lesser hotel or just stick with the Element?
I would stay at a closer, less nice hotel. It's just my preference, same with my DD's. They like the convenience of staying right across the street. One Diser mentioned Park Vue Inn. I agree it's a nice enough place. There's nothing fancy about it, but the crosswalk to DL is right in front of it. I enjoyed my stay there in 2021.

This was a point of debate for our upcoming trip in November. We're going with friends and each of us have kids that don't like to sleep together and don't like sofabeds, so we were pretty much exclusively looking for hotels with bunkbeds (or at least 3 real beds).

We've done Del Sol before and wouldn't do it again -- the beds were not comfortable, the rooms felt dated, the breakfast was a joke and the pool the parking lot was ugh.

We loved the Element when we stayed there last September, so it was a strong contender. My only complaint was that the breakfast didn't start early enough to account for the walk and security clearance time (I think breakfast didn't even open until 7, which is when we would typically want to be leaving the hotel).

We've also done Springhill Suites and would stay there again if the price were right. We didn't feel like the walk was too far. Things we didn't like: the sofabed is basically a twin size, the translucent barn door for the bathroom is loud and doesn't provide a lot of privacy. Breakfast was also inconsistently stocked.

Raffles -- loved the second bathroom, who wouldn't love 4 sinks!, and the actual door between the two rooms, which is something Springhill and Element lack. But the walk was looong. I'll stay there if the price differential is several hundred dollars to cover the cost of Lyft/Uber rides.

Hampton Inn --looked nice but the price was too high and the walk seemed less manageable (though that has the option to walk to Toy Story shuttle).

What we ultimately settled on is Desert Palms -- closer walking distance, door between rooms, sink is outside of the toilet/shower area, includes breakfast, bunks are full size and not twins, and the price point was good.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest