Buffet/All-you-can-eat for teen boys?

ateam79828592

Mouseketeer
We might splurge for one table service meal during our 6 days at Disney because I have two teen boys whose love language might be food right now. :) I'm thinking a buffet or all-you-care-to-eat family style meal. Most of those options are character meals, I think....they don't mind the characters but don't really care either. Any recommendations? We enjoy using the monorail to get to the resorts and we are staying at pop so Skyliner is another option potentially. We will have park days at all 4 parks. We are a family of six altogether.

When our boys were teens they loved Garden Grill (Epcot), Liberty Tree Tavern (MK), 'Ohana (at the Poly), all of which are all you care to enjoy family style. In fact those three are still their favorites now that they're in their twenties.

As the mom of 3 teen/young adult boys, I totally get it! Their current favorite AYCTE options include ‘Ohana, Boma (breakfast, especially), Rodeo Round Up BBQ, Liberty Tree Tavern. None of these are character meals except ‘Ohana at breakfast, although Rodeo Round Up is highly themed to Toy Story. I would also throw out my entire family’s favorite WDW experience: Hoop Dee Doo. AYCTE and a funny, corny dinner show for just a bit more than a dinner buffet.

We pretty much don't do buffets anymore, but, when the kids were little we hit them all.

Gun to my head right now if I had to go to a buffet, I'd probably choose Boma. Good selection of soups/salads/mains & desserts. Kids area is popular with adults & kids. AND, AKL is a great resort to visit.

For a Family Style I'd pick Liberty Tree Tavern. Selection nowhere near the size of a buffet, but, it is all you care to eat and if you check the menu and like the offerings, it's pretty good.

Having raised 2 boys, my mind immediately went to how much they loved dinners at Boma. But being on the Skyliner loop, perhaps something like Cape May Cafe at Beach Club would work well, too.

We might splurge for one table service meal during our 6 days at Disney because I have two teen boys whose love language might be food right now. :) I'm thinking a buffet or all-you-care-to-eat family style meal. Most of those options are character meals, I think....they don't mind the characters but don't really care either. Any recommendations? We enjoy using the monorail to get to the resorts and we are staying at pop so Skyliner is another option potentially. We will have park days at all 4 parks. We are a family of six altogether.
I would recommend doing a breakfast AYCTE/buffet meal. They tend to be easier on the budget.
Here are my recommendations: Whispering Canyon Cafe @ Wilderness Lodge, Garden Grill @ Epcot, Tusker House @ Animal Kingdom.
I haven't tried Boma yet, but it gets great reviews.

I echo the vote for Garden Grill. You can't go wrong there. If your boys are a tiny bit more adventurous go over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and try Boma. It's so good. And for lots of food and fun antics, go to Wilderness Lodge and get their endless skillets at Whispering Canyon.

Of the ones already noted, I'd +1 for:
Garden Grill
Boma
Whispering Canyon
(better food and cost than LTT, imo)
Biergarten, especially if you love meat (and beer) but there are good options for vegetarians too, believe it or not.

Liberty Tree Tavern is fine - but also the food is not really any different/special from many American restaurants on and off site. Then again, you're in MK and the theming is great. (I grew up in MA so maybe that's why I'm sort of meh about this place with no real reasons to give it a thumbs down)

Cape May Cafe is great if you like seafood - which I do - but even so the scent of seafood in the area could be off-putting to some. We have gone for breakfast and enjoyed it.

A sleeper which I love (and on the Skyliner): Sebastian's Bistro at Caribbean Beach Resort. dinner only. Prices are quite good for all you can eat, the food is a little different, and it was a nice walk from Riviera. (I think the walk from Riviera skyliner is about the same as the one from CBR's station; we walked along the lake from Riviera which was pretty.)

I would recommend doing a breakfast AYCTE/buffet meal. They tend to be easier on the budget.
My parents used to do this at the buffets in Las Vegas - book the latest breakfast ressie and stay on for lunch. I don't recall whether this is still the case at WDW (that breakfast and lunch prices are different), but even if they are the same, it's usually still a discount from dinner. If you're traveling at a hot time, as we have often done - you can rope drop, get some park time, and then break for brunch right when it starts to get hot and crowded. fill up and then you may be ok until dinner, or just need a few snacks here and there. My faves for brunch would be: Boma at a resort, and Tusker House in a park.

For a splurge: Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge is also solid. I can't tell if "food is their love language" pertains to quantity, quality, or both. The food is a notch above most character meals in quality (and I think they will bring you more, but I haven't tested it) and the interaction with the Queen is one of my favorites. But it does come at a steep price.

I can't tell if "food is their love language" pertains to quantity, quality, or both.
A little bit of both but mostly quantity of “real” food (e.g hot, fresh full meals not junk/snack foods). They enjoy a variety of food but I think they would appreciate a meal or two that they could really fill up rather than topping off with my and/or my daughter’s remaining meal.

So probably not artist point this trip. Thank you for your detailed suggestions!

Boma and Whispering Canyon Cafe are my top two. Boma is a buffet that offers a wide variety of African and American foods. WCC has both family style, all you can eat skillets and regular menu items. It's BBQ, chicken, salmon, and a steak on the regular menu, with roasted potatoes and veggies on the side. If you each get a different skillet, you can basically eat as much of the whole menu as you want.

My teenager loves WDW buffets and family meals but his favorite is Hoop Dee Doo Revue- we do the earliest show and make a “linner” out of it- he was given the choice of any restaurant for his last birthday and chose HDDR even though he had been there before.

I think Biergarten is the real "guy pleaser" even if they are too young for the beer. They have meat, meat, and more meat and a fun, party atmosphere. I think teen boys would dig it.

Last edited:
Boma and Whispering Canyon Cafe are my top two. Boma is a buffet that offers a wide variety of African and American foods. WCC has both family style, all you can eat skillets and regular menu items. It's BBQ, chicken, salmon, and a steak on the regular menu, with roasted potatoes and veggies on the side. If you each get a different skillet, you can basically eat as much of the whole menu as you want.
So, you are able to change skillet choices? Or, are you limited ton 1 for all you can eat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter