Budget cuts at Walt Disney World

So the real question will become is this budget cuts that are just going to have a big negative impact on guest experience, they are anticipating lower crowds (they have sold far fewer rooms and don't think it will be as busy) meaning much less of an impact on guest experience, or a combination of both?
In don't think they are anticipating lower crowds so I would assume it's just because of budget cuts. It might be a slight combination of both but this is a larger drop off in entertainment and park hours from what they normally do.

In don't think they are anticipating lower crowds so I would assume it's just because of budget cuts. It might be a slight combination of both but this is a larger drop off in entertainment and park hours from what they normally do.

To be charitable, I'm assuming they're working on the idea that with RoL, coming on line in the next few weeks, Star Wars shortly afterwards, and Epcot seeing a new, high demand attraction, and a plussing of an existing one, that guests will be more dispersed across the parks, especially during evening show hours. That may also be driving a sense that many guests will be opting for later starts as they have a wider variety of 'must see' shows in the evening.

Some of it of course is just thoughtless penny pinching.

To be charitable, I'm assuming they're working on the idea that with RoL, coming on line in the next few weeks, Star Wars shortly afterwards, and Epcot seeing a new, high demand attraction, and a plussing of an existing one, that guests will be more dispersed across the parks, especially during evening show hours. That may also be driving a sense that many guests will be opting for later starts as they have a wider variety of 'must see' shows in the evening.

Some of it of course is just thoughtless penny pinching.
While that is true MK is always going to be the most popular park and those things you mention aren't open yet. Cutting things or not adding extra parades or whatever during spring break is going to make crowds worse than they could be.

That's my guess, but would be interesting to have some inside knowledge if there has been any sort of decrease.

over 60.000 employees getting big raises in the next couple of months that's what is pushing these Cm reductions. noone is getting fired but hours are being cut and entertainment is being rearranged ie redundant characters being substituted for new characters. for instant star wars characters are replacing the hollywood characters at the studios and inside out is coming to epcot but aurora and winnie and tigger are leaving oh and of course anna and elsa are coming to epcot so they will probably leave MK. Mk did say good bye to lady tremain and fairy godmother meet and greets but zootopia is coming, not doing meet and greets but still going to be at the park. and for those who think oh yeah 50 cents an hour per employee is nothing just figure that is for 60,000 employees so when slots can be cut, they will and so far they havent really affected guest experiences

While that is true MK is always going to be the most popular park and those things you mention aren't open yet. Cutting things or not adding extra parades or whatever during spring break is going to make crowds worse than they could be.
btw there are two night parades during easter week and holy week like they usually do this time of year. then I think they go back to one in april and probably till memorial day weekend which is the official start of summer season. that is what WDW used to do and with ROL coming online in april makes perfect sense which is alsowhy they are considering not doing FPfor fireworks and parades.

This was brought up on wdwmagic about how the cuts have bee looking.

2015 had 28 days of double Festival of Fantasy Parade
2016 will have 4 days of double Festival of Fantasy Parade

2015 had Double MSEP every night throughout Spring
2016 will have 4 days of double MSEP

2015 - Park open at 7am every day during Spring break
2016 - Park open at 9am.

2015 - Park close at 1am during Spring break

btw there are two night parades during easter week and holy week like they usually do this time of year. then I think they go back to one in april and probably till memorial day weekend which is the official start of summer season. that is what WDW used to do and with ROL coming online in april makes perfect sense which is alsowhy they are considering not doing FPfor fireworks and parades.

Read the post I have above. Yes there are two parades but it's a large cut from what it was last year. Why do you keep making excuses for Disney? Disney made cuts to save money plain and simple Disney is no different than any other company. Budget cuts happen and that's what this is.

over 60.000 employees getting big raises in the next couple of months that's what is pushing these Cm reductions. noone is getting fired but hours are being cut and entertainment is being rearranged ie redundant characters being substituted for new characters. for instant star wars characters are replacing the hollywood characters at the studios and inside out is coming to epcot but aurora and winnie and tigger are leaving oh and of course anna and elsa are coming to epcot so they will probably leave MK. Mk did say good bye to lady tremain and fairy godmother meet and greets but zootopia is coming, not doing meet and greets but still going to be at the park. and for those who think oh yeah 50 cents an hour per employee is nothing just figure that is for 60,000 employees so when slots can be cut, they will and so far they havent really affected guest experiences

As of right now mk has not had any replacement characters for fairy godmother and lady Tremaine. Judy and Nick will be replacing two other characters from that parade.

Just a clarification..... Fairy Godmother did not get cut. She had Suzy and Perla filling in while she was otherwise engaged for a short time. I think we have even heard reports that she is back now.

She is back. Her disappearance was short-term and happened to coincide with Lady Tremaine's leaving, which is why everyone assumed she was also gone for good

It's a strange time at WDW. They seem to be going full speed on the price hikes for day tickets, rise in the DDP, preferred parking, cuts to fronting staff and even rumours of paying $15 a night for stuff that's currently free like DME.

if it was an obvious case that it was to pay for all these new additions like Star Wars land and Pandora but it seems it's to pay for Shanghai being over budget which I don't agree with at all. plus Paris is getting a massive refurb which I'd costly too.

for international guests, these price hikes won't really affect us as we are already paying more but cuts to fronting cast members effects everyone.

Just a clarification..... Fairy Godmother did not get cut. She had Suzy and Perla filling in while she was otherwise engaged for a short time. I think we have even heard reports that she is back now.

She is there. I was just at Magic Kingdom on Tuesday and my fiancé got a picture with her next to the castle.

Budget cuts...

"Effective this Sunday, all of the Cast Service Centers across property will be eliminating all the cast (who will be moved to other positions).

The Cast Service Centers are there to support cast with things like paycheck assistance, language learning, health insurance info etc.

The service centers will remain in operation for now, unmanned, with a few books to help the cast in place of the humans.

To further underline just how desperate things are this time, the service center CMs survived the 9/11 and 2008 cuts."

This comes from wdwmagic

From the News Round Up thread...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter