BRV vs BWV - A House Divided

Whositsgalore

Nap Aficionado
Anyone out there own at both or really love one over the other? I would love to hear why? DH and I came so close to deciding to add on at BWV (his fav other than Disney Springs which is why we have SSR), I do love BWV but i'm totally in awe at BRV (my fav).

We originally purchased at VWL (now referred to as BRV but I'm a little slow on the uptake). It was because we loved WL having stayed there in the resort rooms a couple of times. When Disney built a DVC there it became a no brainer for us to buy. We still love VWL and the whole campus for the theme and a great respite from the craziness of the parks. And now with Geyser Point, it is even a nicer campus especially when the trees grow up.

After a couple of stays at VWL, we decided to try another resort, and booked at BWV. Wow, it is like a polar opposite to VWL. Walking distance to two parks, hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk, and lots of eating options around Crescent Lake. It was like staying at a completely different WDW and made for a much different experience. And it's hard to beat that short, uncrowded walk back to the villa after Illuminations rather than fighting Disney transportation at that time. We liked BWV so much, and we needed more points anyway, so we bought a resale contract for BWV almost exactly the same number of points as our VWL contract. So we banked the points on one contract and borrowed on the other each year and were able to make our entire trip booking at the 11 month mark for each resort on alternate years.

One of my daughters prefers VWL, the other BWV. So we pretty much alternated and loved a lot of features of each resort.

I don't know how many points you are looking at, but you might want to get two contracts as well. It has worked very well for us. If you do so, it is easier to have them both the same UY as your SSR contract. We have two different UY's and manage them just fine, but it is definitely easier to have just one UY.

I can't tell you which resort is better, but now that we are empty-nested, DW and I tend to book VWL more often. If you ever want to go there during the Christmas season, it is much easier to own there and get the 11 month booking advantage. On the other hand, if you want to take advantage of one of the best values in the DVC system....BWV Standard View villas....you pretty much will want to be an owner there to take advantage of that.

As I said, we have contracts at both, and are very happy with our purchases.

Depending on your age, length of contract might start coming into play. Both VWL and BWV contracts expire in 2042. For us, that works out great. But for younger people, it might be better to consider some of the longer life contracts like any of the monorail resorts or SSR/AKV if you like those resorts.

We are another family with points at both. We do tend to stay more at BWV and sleep around with our BRV points.

We are fairly new BWV owners. We love the Epcot area and had found a great BWV contract about a year ago. Granny's post is on point! Prior to us becoming BWV owners, we had booked a stay at WL for the first time. We fell absolutely in love with WL- I love how serene it is. It is the complete opposite of the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk area so we are now on the hunt for a BRV contract and we will alternate between the 2. Both resorts work best for our family.

We bought in 1997 and were offered either OKW or BWV. We chose OKW because we just didn't care for the noisy of BWV (OKW is like an oasis at WDW). We've stayed at BWV twice and both times parking was a hassle. Too many conventions take up most of the parking, along with valet. Then you have the "I'm dining at ESPN" and headed to Epcot to avoid paying the parking fee crowd. It's very convenient for F&W, though. BWV has no dedicated two bedroom villas.

We do own at VWL (BRV) because we used to live in Montana and loved going to Yellowstone. WL was based on Old Faithful Inn and going there takes us back to Montana and Wyoming. BRV only has studios, one and two bedroom villas, now GVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter