BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back earlier this week, but haven't made it to the Dis until now because of my post-Disney depression. ;)

My stay at the Coronado was quite lovely. Thanks for the advice on requesting a room! Things turned out exactly as I had hoped, and I ended up on the 2nd floor in Cabanas 8A, which is right next to a bus stop and very close to the themed pool. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus and almost always had a seat.

The renovated room was really nice. My one complaint is that there seemed to be a lack of attention to detail with the housekeeping. Things were tidy, but the carpet needed to be vacuumed and the corners in the bathroom could have used a once over. Mousekeeping issues aside, I would definitely stay at Coronado again.

I'll post a few photos once I have them uploaded. Thanks again for the resources and advice on this thread!

Okay all of you CSR experts! I need some food help. I have gathered from this thread that the Pepper Market has good wings and pizza. What else do you LOVE from Pepper Market? Has anyone tried the cheeseburger recently? We are on DDP. Thanks!

My daughter did the cheeseburger and was quite disappointed. You would have thought for $13 it would have been heavenly! The chicken sandwiches were not good either. Very dry. That's why we only opted for the wings and pizza from PM. I've heard the fajitas were great though. We're going next year on the QSDP so it won't hurt as much if we feel the need to eat at PM. I was not happy that I spent $30 on 2 sandwiches and neither one of us finished the whole thing.

Thank you! :goodvibes

My pleasure! And sit in a hammock for me and have one of those great drinks from Francisco.

And for everyone who wrote about our trip being cancelled, there is good news. Although we won't be going to Disney, we ARE going to Florida. I work at a law firm (34+ years) and one of the lawyers is a very good friend of our family (a connection through our boys wrestling). In any event, he has offered us his 2-bedroom, 2-bath condo on the beach in Marco Island for any week we want in September--free of charge! Since we have enough miles for airline tickets for both DH and I, we just have to have money for rental car (which I already saw as low as $201...and I'll keep checking), some groceries (I don't mind cooking) and a few meals out. We can do that. So, even though NOT Disney, we're going to Florida! :banana::banana::banana:

My pleasure! And sit in a hammock for me and have one of those great drinks from Francisco.

And for everyone who wrote about our trip being cancelled, there is good news. Although we won't be going to Disney, we ARE going to Florida. I work at a law firm (34+ years) and one of the lawyers is a very good friend of our family (a connection through our boys wrestling). In any event, he has offered us his 2-bedroom, 2-bath condo on the beach in Marco Island for any week we want in September--free of charge! Since we have enough miles for airline tickets for both DH and I, we just have to have money for rental car (which I already saw as low as $201...and I'll keep checking), some groceries (I don't mind cooking) and a few meals out. We can do that. So, even though NOT Disney, we're going to Florida! :banana::banana::banana:

Yay! Good for you! Keep checking on the car rental - I got ours for this weekend (3 days) for $68 total (from Alamo), after all fees. Way cheaper than trying to get a car service from Sanford!

This hotel is now my family's favorite moderate. We stayed for the first time during our Thanksgiving 2008 trip due to the advice and info on the Coronado Springs FAQ thread. We had the best time and really fell in love with this resort. Thank you everyone for sharing all your wonderful pics and info!! We can't wait to go back again in 2010. :thumbsup2

Wow, that is really generous of him! That's terrific that you can go on vacation after all. I've heard Marco Island is quite lovely. And it does have something Disney doesn't have--the ocean. :cool1:

Should I request Cabanas 8A or 9A?

We are going in July, me, dh, ds10 and ds8. We will probably eat breakfast every morning at the main building but will also swim maybe two days at the Dig site. So we need something convenient to the main building and the Dig site. Any ideas which building would be most convenient for us (Cabanas 8A and 9A)? Any preference for one over the other? We have a water view room if it matters.

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi Kathy
I'm so glad to hear you're going to be able to take a wonderful trip after call.
Sending you some early pixie dust for a good one!pixiedust:

My vacation is only 2 and a half weeks away !! I can't wait !!!!

So i'm trying to put together a packing list and of course the first thing on it is real coffee :rolleyes1 but does anyone know if they have somewhere to hang wet swim suits ? or should I bring string and clothespins :confused3

We leave next Friday (May 22-30) for my college graduation trip.....it took me a looonnngggg time and kids in between. Anyway, I talked my parents into going with us...we have never stayed at the CSR. I love everyone's pics and really hope that I made the right decision between CSR and POR.

Jennifer

Don't worry, you made the right decision! We stayed at POR two trips ago so we could try all the moderates. (Previously we had stayed at CSR several times, POFQ twice, CBR, & the Dolphin.) What a mistake! It was not for us. CSR is our favorite moderate & now we have agreed we will just always stay there!

So i'm trying to put together a packing list and of course the first thing on it is real coffee :rolleyes1 but does anyone know if they have somewhere to hang wet swim suits ? or should I bring string and clothespins :confused3

There's a pullout clothes line over the tub to hang wet suits on...:)

I'm so happy for you! Marco Island is beautiful!!!:thumbsup2

Wow. This scares me a little bit. We are used to taking that late dip. As far as I know they never closed the quiet pools at POR or at POP. Maybe they had a closing time, but they never put up signs. And of course, its easier to use the quiet pool when you're tired from a theme park day if its closer to your room.

Don't be scared, typically as long as you are quite you shouldn't be bothered.

I'm new and I love all the information from my fellow Disney lovers! I'm leaving in 15 days and I have a question. Not that I'm an alcoholic but how much would a bottle of wine from the gift shop cost? I'm thinking about just packing a bottle in my suit case. Does anyone have any suggestions?:woohoo:

Maybe its us, but my husband and I found the coffee at CSR to be pretty good, both at Rix and the Pepper Market. Most days we got it at Rix as Pepper Market was not open early enough. I am not sure what brand they use, but it is not the same vile stuff they serve at the other resorts! My husband loved the walk over to the main building every morning. Quiet and beautiful at that time of day

You will have a great time! There is a clothesline built into the shower, so you can just hang your suits over the line to let them dry. I didn't mind the coffee that came with the room, but I'm sure whatever you bring will be even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest