Boycott Provo Craft. the makers of the Cricut

I owned a Wishblade. It sat untouched because software & all was too much to learn.

I bought the Cricut Expression because the software was supposed to be much easier, AND if I felt like it I could make my own files or use other peoples. I didn't plan on buying as many cartridges as I have. I bought SCAL but I still haven't sat down to really learn it.

I really doubt a majority of Cricut owners explore 3rd party software. I think most users probably just use cartridges. There are many people who just aren't into computers, message boards, and all that. They just want to do the project. School teachers, day cares, and any other occasional crafter.

PC should allow 3rd party software. Ability to use carts & software was why I sold the untouched Wishblade & bought an Expression.

Here's the thing... Provo Craft MUST protect their product design and function. Allowing 3rd party software to be run on the machine will only cause the prices of Cricut to go UP.

If more people invest in SCAL and the other one, they won't sell cartridges, which is where they make their money. If they don't sell carties, they don't make money, which drives the price up.

As much as it sucks that it came down to this, it had to be done so PC didn't go bankrupt and shut down. Look at the case between Barbie and Bratz!

The older machines will still support the 3rd party software. The only changes will be made on newly produced machines. If you just invested in SCAL and want to get an E, chances are you'll be able to grab one that hasn't been modified to block outside software.

ITA it is in Provo's best interest to cut a deal, but it's not likely to happen.

I really disagree with this economic senario. I think if the carts were priced at a reasonable price, and 80-90 is NOT reasonable for ONE cartridge, then their sales would improve. I have continued to buy carts even after I have had SCAL. Sometimes it is just easier to whip out a page with the pre-designed images.

I haven't heard anything about PC changing their product to block 3rd party software.

I guess what I really don't understand is how they could have let the 3rd party software continue for THREE (3) years before the ligitation started with SCAL.

Also, I am perplexed how PC is now sueing the created of "The Bug magazine" along the CricutCartridge.com. Simply amazing. I guess that is what happens when a bank (Bank of America) owns you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter