Bouncy, Trouncy, Flouncy, Pouncy-MAY PTR-*5/9 - FRUSTRATIONS & 6 days left*

That Liesa :goodvibes

But like Glennbo...much as I love her, not enough on her own.

You

Had me at

Egg Roll.

HANDS DOWN the best snack credit in all of the world.

You get TWO of them for one snack credit. There is of course also the kids Egg Roll meal which my 9 year old at the time LOVED.

Angels sing when I think of them.

I have a confession to make.

We were DDP rouge's. I am not, just so we are clear, advocating this. And in truth, it wasn't intentional and we did think it was all above board.

When we went last year we (I) was under the impression that a CS/QS credit was, well a CS/QS credit and Disney not only didn't much care, they didn't track the difference between an adult CS/QS meal and a kid one.

So my 8 and 9 year old ordered whatever they wanted with their CS credits. The only place where they seemed to enforce kids ordering kids meals was Roaring Forks.

We weren't sneaky, the kids were with me or my DH at the register and ordered what they wanted. Nary a CM said anything. In fact many times they let us sub a side for the dessert. They didn't always get adult meals mind you, sometimes choosing the kids menu item, but my 8 year old enjoyed a Falafel Sandwich at Tangerine Cafe and Shrimp Lo Mein at Y&Y local foods, and the 9 year old some nacho's at the Cantina De San Angel and a huge Ham sandwich on Foccacia at Starting Rolls among other things.

Looking forward to your journey!

And another one who got hooked after checking your PTR out on Liesa's recommendation! I am really looking forward to your stories about the past! I would have loved to go to WDW as a kid, but when I was 8 in 1979 I probably didn't even know yet that a place like WDW existed... :scared1:

I think your kids meal research is very commendable. I always wonder why Disney is supposedly trying to promote healthier food in the kids meals, but then keeps offering the same stuff at every place. :confused3 That's not a way to learn about healthy eating either... :sad2:

I had to laugh at your mention of pennsylvania Dutch. It actually hurts my ears to hear it, I'm originally from Michigan, so when I moved here and heard,

Outen the lights, you's, and throw the horse over the fence some hay, it was enough to rot my socks.

I'm in York county, just a hop away from you all. I'm ready for spring!
:lmao: Love anyone who can appreciate the accent ... glad to have some more Pennsylvanian's on board ... soon time for me to outten the lights for the night though :rolleyes1

glennbo123 Coming over from my friend Leisa's (All7OfUs) thread.
We lived in Lancaster (pronounced Lang-kes-ter, accent on the Lang) for a few years and the dutchy thing we always noticed was "a while" thrown in everywhere. Like at a restaurant a server might say, "let me get you some menus a while".

The more PA folk the better!! LOVE your assistance with the correct Lancaster annunciation :thumbsup2

oregonmommyof2 I followed over from Leisa's PTR also...

Can't wait for more...

Wow - I owe thanks to Leisa ... it's great to have all of you on-board!! I can't wait to share more of my tales (and there'll be plenty of antics mixed in as well)

Flossbolna And another one who got hooked after checking your PTR out on Liesa's recommendation! I am really looking forward to your stories about the past!

OK ... it's official ... Leisa thanks for drawing the crowd :worship: ... I can't wait to unravel the past for you.

That Liesa :goodvibes

You

Had me at

Egg Roll.

HANDS DOWN the best snack credit in all of the world.

:rotfl2: LOVED your tale of rogue dining on the QS ... now I HAVE to give this a whirl (hmmm, if it doesn't work I'll just "blame it on the DIS" :thumbsup2

I gotta agree with your egg roll assessment ... is it possible to be called a glutton based solely on snack credit misuse?

OK ... before I expose my uninhibited and unabashed obsession with snacks at the World ... let me sing praises to jjohnson for this awesome (and updated) Snack Sticky (not to be confused with a sticky snack)

The Amazing Snack Sticky (for finding sticky snacks) :rotfl:

So my friends ... how can anyone NOT realize what kind of snacks we go in for when my traveling companions consist of these three clowns
BB.jpg

In the most serious conversation of the past several months, we sat down by candlelight in a darkened room and spoke of the "no-no's" of snackdom at WDW, it went something like this:

Daddy: Can you use a snack credit for a bottle of water?

Kids (in unison): No daddy, there's free water everywhere ... and free soda at Epcot

Daddy: Should we get a popcorn in the parks?

Kids: Only to throw at people who don't know how to use their snack credits!!

(I know, I'm terrible ... my kids understand this so you might as well grasp it now too ... it takes away some of the inevitable shock :confused3)

So from one corner of the parks to another ... if the craving strikes ... if a tinge of hunger hits ... if an impulsive need for sweets cascades from mind to soul ... we plan to know that we know that we know where to get the BEST snack at that moment, in that location, in that park.

When the dust settles (or the fudge dries on our lips), we will be the sugar laden family being dragged from the park (singing "it's a small world" over and over and over and over) by CM's swearing they should do away with snack credits (and perhaps ban Pennsylvania papa's from bringing their kids to the parks without a sensible mom to keep tabs on the intake).

Here's a quick list of the snacks I/we plan to ingest through the course of the week (oh, and there are NO repeats ... we all get something dif'rent so we can share ... variety is the spice right?)

MK
- Bring ON the Dooooooole Whip!!
- For a light bite (mark this as a rarity), a Pineapple Spear
- Sometimes we'll feel like a veggie egg roll ... sometimes a pork ... sometimes a shrimp (wait, we can get them all at once ... life is GOOD)
- Triple ... CHOCOLATE... cake
- The Main Street Bakery ... just give me a napkin and move back (for your own safety)
- The Main Street Ice Cream Shop ... see "bakery" above but replace "napkin" with spoon
- and if we're craving savory, sloppy, messy goodness?? Chili Cheese Fries of course!!

Epcot
:scared1: Things get dangerous here!!
- Hand-Scooped Ice cream at the Fountainview (then, of course, licking it till we're covered with gooey goodness as we watch the fountain "show")
- Boulangerie Patisserie ... Je me petit parle Francais ... all I have to say is "I'm sorry" for the damage I might do at this place ... An eclair by any other name is still filled with custard and covered in chocolate ... 'nuf said!
- I'm teaching Ethan to say "Kaki Gori" in a really intimidating voice
- Kringla Bakery ... the only time kids would say "School" and become ecstatic!
- Worms & Dirt ... hey, if they'll take a snack credit for it ... my kids'll eat it!!

AK
- Pork Egg Rolls OR Chicken Fried Rice ... I feel dirty for doing this!
- Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel ... it's a PRETZEL ... stuffed with CHEESE ... infused with JALAPENOS ... are you hearing this???

MGM ... YEAH, I SAID IT ... what are you gonna do about it?? (ok, ok I relent ... HS)
- Smores ... on ... a ... stick!
- Dasani bottled water (just seeing if you're paying attention ... see how this just deflates the whole mood?)
- Smoothies ... and one of them is called "Cappuccino"
- *gulp* ... can I confess I'm afraid of what might happen with me and a snack credit at Starring Rolls bakery??
- Smores ... Fudge ... Square (I don't know if someone can improve on a smore ... but this park apparently has them on a stick AND in a square with fudge ... I'm guessing they have culinary imagineers as well??)

OK ... we haven't even gone to Downtown Disney on this snack tempest ... but really, do we need to? By now you've lost all respect for me and you understand that I am reduced to base instinct when a snack credit is in my hands. No, I refuse to apologize!! :crazy:

Til tomorrow ... may you dream in the language of sugar!!

:rotfl2: LOVED your tale of rogue dining on the QS ... now I HAVE to give this a whirl (hmmm, if it doesn't work I'll just "blame it on the DIS" :thumbsup2

I gotta agree with your egg roll assessment ... is it possible to be called a glutton based solely on snack credit misuse?

I beg to differ on the term misuse! I think I need to have those egg rolls at least TWICE on our trip this summer.

I will also say you can put together a pretty great meal with snack credits and extra's from the adult CS meal. We were at Starring Rolls trying to figure out a meal for the 8 year old and the CM was so helpful, he ended up with the side (banana) and drink (milk) from my meal and then used a snack credit for a chocolate muffin as big as his head. That was ONE happy little boy!

I will be interested to see how things ring up on this trip, last year it was just a lump CS line item, no way for them to tell childs versus adult. I have no idea if they've fixed it or not. We've been struggling with that as I have one who is now 10 and one who will be thiiiiiiiiiiiis close to being 10 on our trip (birthday 2 weeks after) and they WANT the adult menu. I however do not want to pay adult prices. Nor do I want to hear them complain and whine.

Thankfully since there are 9 of us and 2 rooms, we decided to do a one room on the plan, one room off which will give us the flexibility we need with them. I think. Hope. The quick service plan would be hard for us, we actually had 11 unused CS credits last time (due to crummy flight times and an OOP TS lunch) but I can see where it could be really great for a lot of people.

Good lawd, you are funny!!! I swear it's like snack telepathy going on here !!!

jalepeno pretzels - MUST. FIND. THEM!! Now, Cynthia, as we just learned on Glennbo's thread, doesn't do the jalepenos and declares herself a purist... me on the other hand, the more goo and sauce and spicy the better!!! I'm drooling.

Seriously, everything on that list is on my plan. Except, I'm craving a Minnie's Strawberry bar too. They are sooooooooooo good!!

And instead of school bread, I'm going in deep with rice cream at Norway. Yum! :cloud9:

Glad to see my pals came on over.... They're great fun. In advance, I take no blame for seeing this thread go down the crapper in content. Things tend to happen when we all get together. :rotfl2:

Good lawd, you are funny!!! I swear it's like snack telepathy going on here !!!

jalepeno pretzels - MUST. FIND. THEM!! Now, Cynthia, as we just learned on Glennbo's thread, doesn't do the jalepenos and declares herself a purist... me on the other hand, the more goo and sauce and spicy the better!!! I'm drooling.

Seriously, everything on that list is on my plan. Except, I'm craving a Minnie's Strawberry bar too. They are sooooooooooo good!!

And instead of school bread, I'm going in deep with rice cream at Norway. Yum! :cloud9:

Glad to see my pals came on over.... They're great fun. In advance, I take no blame for seeing this thread go down the crapper in content. Things tend to happen when we all get together. :rotfl2:

Speak for yourself! I run a clean thread.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Mickey Bars and Egg Rolls. What more does anyone need?

Oh wait, the occasional doppio with 2 sugars (purist in the coffee, not so straight espresso) to survive 4 kids hopped up on sugar at Goofy's. Coincidence that they have espresso there?

Methinks not.

Now. On popcorn. A fine use of a snack credit if you find you have lots left towards the end because you made your kids only get things that were at least $4 (or as close as humanly possible). Or if your husband really wants one. Same thing with bottled water and soda. These uses are to be reserved for the END of a trip, not the beginning.

You.Must.Go.TO. DTD.

Goofy's.

are you crazy?

Seriously.

WDW_090215_0243.jpg

yes, this is of course the picture that inspired me to get a doppio but hey...you have to check it out!

See what I started when I invited my friends over here? :lmao:

Yes, you are the classy one out of the bunch. But last time I said that you said I was just implying that you weren't as funny!! See, you're just as funny- maybe even more so, because you keep the potty humor out. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

See what I started when I invited my friends over here? :lmao:

Yes, you are the classy one out of the bunch. But last time I said that you said I was just implying that you weren't as funny!! See, you're just as funny- maybe even more so, because you keep the potty humor out. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:rotfl:

Nah, I'm not as funny but that's ok. I'm good with it. It's not like it's news to me!

Liesa, poor Rob here is going to think we are hijacking his very rip roarin, wittilicious (if that's not a word I don't care, I like it) thread. And I might say, impressive that it is already wittilicious (see finding ways to use my new word) and he's only on page 2!

Quite rude! So Rob, apologies and welcome to the joys of a thread running away from you...it's happened to us all :goodvibes

We will try to behave.

We just aren't very good at it.

Wittilicious!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: Too funny!! See? You ARE funny!!

Yeah, sorry, Rob. Sometimes we can't help ourselves. OK, I promise I'll behave myself for at least a page. :rotfl2:

Good snack options!! What's that with smores on a stick? Where in DHS can you get that???

Liesa, poor Rob here is going to think we are hijacking his very rip roarin, wittilicious (if that's not a word I don't care, I like it) thread. And I might say, impressive that it is already wittilicious (see finding ways to use my new word) and he's only on page 2!

Quite rude! So Rob, apologies and welcome to the joys of a thread running away from you...it's happened to us all :goodvibes

We will try to behave.

We just aren't very good at it.

"Wittilicious" ... that is BRILLIANT ... I'll take ownership of the description and LOVE it (of course by about 8:30am this morning it's likely my co-workers will tire of the word as I attempt to fit it into every conversation I have).

Seriously ... the way the thread "runs away" when you all strap-in and throw your hands up is definitely as much fun as the turns and twists of Big Thunder Mountain! SOOOOOOO ...

no apologies ... it definitely is a JOY to be a part of this ... and if you DO try to behave it'll make me look just plain foolish cause I'm terrible at it :banana:

Oh ... and help me out on a couple of things ... "Minnie Strawberry Bar"??? Doppio??? and you're telling me ... I can use ... a SNACK credit for Goofy's??? (the ellipses are indicative of my trembling)

So now I end up with a dreaded blank post that makes no sense on my board ... definitely need more :surfweb:

Good snack options!! What's that with smores on a stick? Where in DHS can you get that???

Mmmmmmm ... I can hear those cravings setting in!!

The Candy Store on Sunset Boulevard at Hollywood Studios ... when I get this delight and dive in with abandon, I can already hear my children under shushed breath saying, "Daddy ... you're embarrassing us ... again!!"

Minnie's Strawberry Bar-

Available at pretty much every ice cream cart. I think they're around $2.50?? Like a popsicle, little or no sugar. Really cold, really good! :thumbsup2 For some reason the planets aligned, we struck up a love affair, and we are one forever.

And I really like them.

Maybe not snack ration worthy, but great for a hot day.

Mmmmmmm ... I can hear those cravings setting in!!

The Candy Store on Sunset Boulevard at Hollywood Studios ... when I get this delight and dive in with abandon, I can already hear my children under shushed breath saying, "Daddy ... you're embarrassing us ... again!!"

I need to note that down for my next trip (whenever that may be... :confused3). I never had smores since I am from Germany and we don't do that whole marshmellow thing here. But I have been intrigued by why they are supposed to be so good for ever since starting to read the DIS! :goodvibes

Minnie's Strawberry Bar-

Available at pretty much every ice cream cart. I think they're around $2.50?? Like a popsicle, little or no sugar. Really cold, really good! :thumbsup2 For some reason the planets aligned, we struck up a love affair, and we are one forever.

Aren't they like frozen strawberry pulp on a stick?

"Wittilicious" ... that is BRILLIANT ... I'll take ownership of the description and LOVE it (of course by about 8:30am this morning it's likely my co-workers will tire of the word as I attempt to fit it into every conversation I have).

Seriously ... the way the thread "runs away" when you all strap-in and throw your hands up is definitely as much fun as the turns and twists of Big Thunder Mountain! SOOOOOOO ...

no apologies ... it definitely is a JOY to be a part of this ... and if you DO try to behave it'll make me look just plain foolish cause I'm terrible at it :banana:

Oh ... and help me out on a couple of things ... "Minnie Strawberry Bar"??? Doppio??? and you're telling me ... I can use ... a SNACK credit for Goofy's??? (the ellipses are indicative of my trembling)

Yes, you canuse snack credits at Goofy's! Not everything counts though and it does seem to vary based on the CM at hand so having an updated cheat sheet of what people have been able to get, is helpful. Suckers as big as their heads do count, bulk candy does not for example. Jury varies on the make your own treats (how many, which kind etc) but I haven't looked lately to see what they are allowing.

I might also add you can get a mean doppio for a snack credit at the Enchanted Grove in MK, right by the teacups. Helpful if one wants to surrvive the teacups after a massage and a lazy day by the pool with a nice cold beer and an energy adjustment is required.

Then go on the teacups. :faint:

I have a handy dandy snack cheat sheet that I need to update for 2010. If you stop by my thread it will probably get updated over the next month or so!

When we were there last year all the parks except MK were great about having that snack symbol up but no one in DTD did. I'll be curious to see what happens when we go this summer.

Wittilicious. I'm rather fond of that new word!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter