Booking Adjacent Studios

I was hoping more experienced DVC members can tell me about their luck requesting adjacent or at least very nearby studios for their family. We often don’t need laundry or kitchen, but eventually will need at least 3 real beds. Has anybody requested nearby rooms and not been anywhere close? Are there actual connecting studios available at any resorts?

I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any connecting DVC studios - they're either stand-alone or they connect to a 1BR, for the option of making that unit a 2BR. You can always put in the request to have multiple rooms (same party) to be near each other. We've done this a few times, and we call MS and have them put on the reservations 'traveling with....' and include the confirmation numbers for cross-referencing. They've done a decent job for us keeping us close - all but once, when one of the rooms was clear on the other side of the resort! Hope it works out well for you....

All but a few studios connect at PVB longhouses.

About 80%..I think..of resort studios in BPK at VGF connect

We did not get our request at BPK but I have read that most have with PVB since the majority are connecting.

All but a few studios connect at PVB longhouses.

About 80%..I think..of resort studios in BPK at VGF connect

We did not get our request at BPK but I have read that most have with PVB since the majority are connecting.
Thank you @Sandisw — this is exactly the information I was hoping to find out on this thread.

@AstroBlasters we love BPK location and decor and room layout, but it was loud (and we were on the top floor)—however the only noise I remember hearing is the blaring of the horn from the boats that travel between VGF/PBV/MK.

A few times we have booked multiple studios when taking family to Disney with us. Every time we have had rooms next to each other, even though we did not request it (always looking for a little personal space at the end of the day :-) ). When we stayed at PVB we had two connecting studios. The rooms aren't ready at the same time, but that isn't a big deal. I remember for the PVB stay one room was ready about 3 or 4 hours before the other.

Are there connecting studios at at least ajacent at SSR?
SSR doesn’t have connecting studios like Poly and VFG (BPK) have. They have connecting rooms that are studio with 1BR. The studios are in between other sized rooms. I think the best odds are at least being in the same building (they are on the small side), maybe same floor, but there really aren’t any studios right next to each other.

Have had four studios in both Poly villas and BPK at GF, and both times we were four in a row without even stopping at the front desk for assistance being nearby each other. The Poly studios were connecting (two and two) but BPK had no connecting in all four of our rooms, but again we were in a row, which was perfect. No complaints about either! Loved them both.

Have had four studios in both Poly villas and BPK at GF, and both times we were four in a row without even stopping at the front desk for assistance being nearby each other. The Poly studios were connecting (two and two) but BPK had no connecting in all four of our rooms, but again we were in a row, which was perfect. No complaints about either! Loved them both.
Thank you for the data point. 😀

Do you remember what floor you were on in BPK?

My experience.
OKW we had 2 -2BR right next to each other, Poly was a few rooms down on the opposite side of the hall, SSR was down the Hall, BR was across the hall. AKL 3 rooms 2 down the same hall one in the next hall. AKL again 2 a 1 BR in between. All were studios. That is all I can think of right now there may have been more but never had rooms right next to other than OKW and never connecting but always close.

I've almost always had luck with connecting studios at PVB. Literally all but a few rooms are connecting studios, so the odds are very good (though never guaranteed).

The only time I didn't get a connecting studio was when we had guests staying with us for 2 night in the middle of our 10-night trip. Since rooms are assigned on a rolling basis, understandably they placed us first, then when it was time for our guests to check in the connecting room was still occupied. They ended up in the same longhouse, but on a different floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter