• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked through Dutch site - now very nervous!!

kellyn1201

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone :)

We booked a few weeks ago through the Dutch flash sale, but I'm now getting very nervous. I keep receiving emails in Dutch, and our booking confirmation is in Dutch, does this mean that the check in staff will try and speak to us in Dutch?! I'm not sure why I'm worrying so much, I think I have visions of being told off when we come to check in :confused3

On the upside, this will be the first time we have seen the Christmas celebrations, and I'm very excited :banana:

I don't think that'll matter all that much. If you would like some translations send me a DM. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Yay for Christmas at Disney!!

They are used to people living in different countries and not speaking the language so I don't think anyone is going to expect you to speak Dutch :goodvibes

Hi, this is not a problem at all. I myself booked via a uk and a french site (i am german) and it wasnt a problem in any way.

Just use google chrome and it will translate automatically. I really wouldn't worry about the emails or checking in at all. Carrie is right, my Dutch is about 15 words after a few months here and I live in the Netherlands but I am American.

Hi everyone :)

We booked a few weeks ago through the Dutch flash sale, but I'm now getting very nervous. I keep receiving emails in Dutch, and our booking confirmation is in Dutch, does this mean that the check in staff will try and speak to us in Dutch?! I'm not sure why I'm worrying so much, I think I have visions of being told off when we come to check in :confused3

On the upside, this will be the first time we have seen the Christmas celebrations, and I'm very excited :banana:

Not sure if this will still be relevant to the other posters - I'm just checking that your stays all went well after you booked through the Dutch website?

Not sure if this will still be relevant to the other posters - I'm just checking that your stays all went well after you booked through the Dutch website?

Thank you for bumping this thread! I would love to hear how everything is, I'm going to book via the Dutch offer on Friday although I will be booking on the phone rather than website. :thumbsup2

kellyn1201

Don't worry, just translate the pages with google chrome as MinnieVanMom said, that's what I did. By the way I don't think that the receptionists there speak dutch! I am from Cyprus and we speak greek. When we went in July they just used the English language to communicate with us, so don't worry. You can always say that you leave in the Netherlands but you are English and if they ask you anything about your payment just say that you have paid using your U.K.'s account. which I don't think they are going to ask because once you arrive there they are not interested usually with these matters. We were asked if this was our first stay with them etc. They don't ask you such thorough questions. Oh, the receptionist asked us if we come from Cyprus (merely just to make conversation I think since they had our papers there and they could see that) so if they ask you that, just say that you work in the Nederlands but you come from the U.K. that solves it all doesn't it? The only thing they care is that they have a tel number that they can reach you and your bank account to charge you in case you break something or use some of the amenities there and not pay them after your check out. The address can change any time right?

Please, please, please have fun and enjoy the waiting etc don't let this spoil all the fun. :)

Please stop worrying about having booked through another country's version of the DLP website - lots of members of the DIS here do it regularly, with no problems at all. All you need is your confirmation booking number from your email confirmation, thats what you present at check-in at your hotel, along with the passport number of the lead name on the booking.

There is no need to think up any stories about why you booked on a particular country's website - the hotel reception staff don't care, and won't ask :goodvibes. Once they hear you speaking in English (or whatever language is the one you use at DLP) they will switch to that language, or find another member of staff who can, so that you can get checked in with no problems.

Please stop worrying, and enjoy planning your trip to The Magic pixiedust:.

As Elaine and others have said there is no need to worry about anything. Remember as an EU citizen you have the right under European Law to book your DLP holiday on any website operated by DLP within Europe.

The CMs are be too busy checking you in to your hotel to ask you. All they want is your name and reservation number.

I have checked in lots of times without my booking confirmation letter, as long as you can quote the referance number or know the lead name on your booking you will be OK. I've never been asked for my passport either.

Also if this is any help I have booked into the hotels twice with just giving them my name, I had no reference number or anything :)

Please stop worrying about having booked through another country's version of the DLP website - lots of members of the DIS here do it regularly, with no problems at all. All you need is your confirmation booking number from your email confirmation, thats what you present at check-in at your hotel, along with the passport number of the lead name on the booking.

There is no need to think up any stories about why you booked on a particular country's website - the hotel reception staff don't care, and won't ask :goodvibes. Once they hear you speaking in English (or whatever language is the one you use at DLP) they will switch to that language, or find another member of staff who can, so that you can get checked in with no problems.

Please stop worrying, and enjoy planning your trip to The Magic pixiedust:.

Thank you for you lovely reassurance :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter