• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked Happiest Haunts Tour - Did It!

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
The reviews haven't been very good for the past couple of years, but I'll be at Disneyland on a very busy day and decided to do a tour to make the day more interesting for me.

They said it will be 2 - 2 1/2 hours of walking. Playful spooks will visit us on the tour and we will be given treats. The end of the tour will be a ride on the Haunted Mansion. It sounds good to me. Since it is going to be a busy day at the park, I'm sure I'll be pleased no matter what happens with it.

I'll be there on Tiki Day and will post a short review afterward.

I hope you enjoy it. I haven’t done it but I want to do the Christmas tour this year which also doesn’t get great reviews but hey I keep wanting to do it so I’m going too.

Some times you need to do things for yourself - you may love it!

Well that's a bummer, I'll have come back from my trip by then. But I'm still looking forward to it!

This tour doesn't get as much love as Walk in Walt's Footsteps, but still seems like an interesting tour. Hope you have fun! Look forward to your review. :-)
Kriss :tink:

Completed my tour yesterday. They ask you to check in 30 minutes early, which I thought was silly, but when I got there I saw that the check in line moves very slowly. They had me sign something that says I understand that things change on the tour and what we get could change and there aren't any guarantees. There were 2 groups going at the same time. My group had 22 people.

We walked around Disneyland and listened to stories about the history of Disneyland and all things Halloween. It was a little history lesson on how things started like Jack O Lanterns, trick or treating, etc. My group rode the Haunted Mansion early into the tour. We basically used Fast Pass entrance and we did not have our own elevator like a previous poster did. We were still jammed packed after the elevator, but did see several people in wheelchairs pass by us and figured the ride probably had to stop for unloading.

When we were in the Day of the Dead section of Disneyland, they gave us sweet bread. My husband is gluten intolerant and didn't grab a bag of bread, but other people who weren't on the tour were walking up and grabbing the bread. When it was all gone, our tour went along. I think this is probably part of the reason why we have to sign something that says we may not get everything that other people get. If we weren't quick, someone else would have taken our bread.

We did cross over to DCA and looked at decorations and listened to more stories and history. On our way out, we stopped at Trolley Treats and got a piece of pumpkin fudge. That part was a little more organized and I don't think anyone who wasn't on the tour could have taken a piece of our fudge.

Afterward, we went back to Tour Gardens and were taken into a small room that had a couple of the original hitchhiking ghosts. Our tour guide, Sam, took our picture with our own camera. It was dark in there and had black lights so it was nice and creepy. Then, they gave us a Key pin and we were all done.

There weren't any children on our tour and I think it would have been long and boring for children. All in all, it was a good tour and our guide, Sam, was excellent. We felt like we got our money's worth ($85 each) but at the same time, wouldn't do it again. It was a satisfying one and done type of thing. I think we generally like to go at our own pace and we have been to Disneyland many times. It was a different thing for us to do, which was great, but I think if we didn't go to Disneyland so often, we would have preferred to spend the 2 1/2 hours doing something else.

Completed my tour yesterday. They ask you to check in 30 minutes early, which I thought was silly, but when I got there I saw that the check in line moves very slowly. They had me sign something that says I understand that things change on the tour and what we get could change and there aren't any guarantees. There were 2 groups going at the same time. My group had 22 people.

We walked around Disneyland and listened to stories about the history of Disneyland and all things Halloween. It was a little history lesson on how things started like Jack O Lanterns, trick or treating, etc. My group rode the Haunted Mansion early into the tour. We basically used Fast Pass entrance and we did not have our own elevator like a previous poster did. We were still jammed packed after the elevator, but did see several people in wheelchairs pass by us and figured the ride probably had to stop for unloading.

When we were in the Day of the Dead section of Disneyland, they gave us sweet bread. My husband is gluten intolerant and didn't grab a bag of bread, but other people who weren't on the tour were walking up and grabbing the bread. When it was all gone, our tour went along. I think this is probably part of the reason why we have to sign something that says we may not get everything that other people get. If we weren't quick, someone else would have taken our bread.

We did cross over to DCA and looked at decorations and listened to more stories and history. On our way out, we stopped at Trolley Treats and got a piece of pumpkin fudge. That part was a little more organized and I don't think anyone who wasn't on the tour could have taken a piece of our fudge.

Afterward, we went back to Tour Gardens and were taken into a small room that had a couple of the original hitchhiking ghosts. Our tour guide, Sam, took our picture with our own camera. It was dark in there and had black lights so it was nice and creepy. Then, they gave us a Key pin and we were all done.

There weren't any children on our tour and I think it would have been long and boring for children. All in all, it was a good tour and our guide, Sam, was excellent. We felt like we got our money's worth ($85 each) but at the same time, wouldn't do it again. It was a satisfying one and done type of thing. I think we generally like to go at our own pace and we have been to Disneyland many times. It was a different thing for us to do, which was great, but I think if we didn't go to Disneyland so often, we would have preferred to spend the 2 1/2 hours doing something else.
Thanks for reporting. Did you do this tour on a weekend? I'm doing the tour in a few weeks during the week I wonder if that with change things. Do you know if they offered us something other than pumkin fudge? Not a fan of pumkin. Sounds like it will be a fun tour.

Did you say anything to Disney? I would let Disney know how you felt regarding this. Just send them a note offering your praise, but also comment on the issue at hand. You shouldn't have to be quick. And I am sure if something had happened, they have more in the back. The signature is more because rides can go down and that type of thing.

Thanks for reporting. Did you do this tour on a weekend? I'm doing the tour in a few weeks during the week I wonder if that with change things. Do you know if they offered us something other than pumkin fudge? Not a fan of pumkin. Sounds like it will be a fun tour.
I did it on a Sunday. There is no option other than pumpkin fudge. It is already wrapped up and it's on a tray that is brought out to us.
Did you say anything to Disney? I would let Disney know how you felt regarding this. Just send them a note offering your praise, but also comment on the issue at hand. You shouldn't have to be quick. And I am sure if something had happened, they have more in the back. The signature is more because rides can go down and that type of thing.
Nah, I didn't say anything and won't. I just don't care enough about it. I happened to be hungry at the time and if I didn't get mine, I would have complained on the spot, but since I was hungry, I was fast.

My experience with the bread was quite different. The castmember managing the cart was handing out the bread one by one, and seemed to be looking for a nametag as he did so. Once we had all gotten one, he hid the tray with leftover bread in the lower part of the cart. I suppose it depends on the castmember.

My experience with the bread was quite different. The castmember managing the cart was handing out the bread one by one, and seemed to be looking for a nametag as he did so. Once we had all gotten one, he hid the tray with leftover bread in the lower part of the cart. I suppose it depends on the castmember.
Glad to hear it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter