Boogers and Covid

tinksdreamwishes

DIS Veteran
I keep having this vision of pulling up into the port and taking my Covid test. This will be our first test. I assume they watch you do it. My fear is pulling out that Q-tip and a big booger with nose hair is stuck on it. If that happens I would be so 🙈 embarrassed. And my husband would be watching plus I am pretty sure my son will be recording all of this. Do I discretely wipe off the booger ? Will they Covid testers be watching me that closely? I am pretty sure that I will be cleaning out my nose all morning. How far do you stick that Qtip in? And yes having full on anxiety right now lol 😂

😂 I haven’t had that happen to me but I’ve tested my 9 year old many times when he has had bad allergies and it’s definitely not pleasant. Blow your nose before and you should be all good.

Oh man, we've been tested so many times! One day I was tested 4 times because I needed a negative result to return home and I kept getting "inconclusive!" The pharmacist watching me told me the more boogers the better! Hahahaha!

Work in house for a bank and have to do two antigen covid tests a week for that. No worries, nothing to fear.

After working in hospitals for over forty years in patient care positions, if all the nurses see are a few boogers they’re having a pretty good day. Blow your nose first. Take the test. Don’t worry about it. 👍🏼

Happened to me once. The crowd didn’t burst out laughing. Oh wait, there isn’t a crowd. It’s really not a problem and besides, you won’t ever see them again. As for your family, they should be behind you and won’t see either.

I'm not sure videoing will be allowed. I know it's not for the security part of the boarding process.

I keep having this vision of pulling up into the port and taking my Covid test. This will be our first test. I assume they watch you do it. My fear is pulling out that Q-tip and a big booger with nose hair is stuck on it. If that happens I would be so 🙈 embarrassed. And my husband would be watching plus I am pretty sure my son will be recording all of this. Do I discretely wipe off the booger ? Will they Covid testers be watching me that closely? I am pretty sure that I will be cleaning out my nose all morning. How far do you stick that Qtip in? And yes having full on anxiety right now lol 😂
There are videos on how to self test, you should watch one before you do. You can google Covid self administered test together with the name of one of the companies that makes these tests and it should come up. You do not wipe off boogers from the swab, nor do you blow or excessively clean your nose beforehand, that would all be WRONG advice that could lead to an inconclusive test. You WANT the moisture from your nose to be on the swab and you don't want to contaminate the swab - in other words - it's important that the swab comes out of the sealed packet, is not touched by anyone or anything, goes directly in your nostril, you wipe it around and around both nostrils, then it goes directly into the testing tube, which is immediately sealed. A video will help.

Blow your nose before you get to port or get tested. Basically the cotton part of the swab needs to go inside your nose so it's like an inch inside the nose. I generally swirl 6 to 7 times each side even though they may say 5. If something comes out and stays on the swab do not touch it otherwise you just contaminated and may need to swab again. It's not hard or bad as it seems.

The title of this thread is cracking me up!

My main problem these days is that with testing twice a week for my job, I'm often seeing blood on my swabs. :(

I hope you have a great cruise, OP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter