Boardwalk Room requests

huddman69

Earning My Ears
What type of room request would you put in for the Boardwalk?

I booked a standard view 1 bedroom in July.

You do not want to be on the first floor as you will end up keeping the drapes closed all the time for privacy. Last trip I had requested any floor but the first and got the first. It ended up facing the pool with people walking right by our windows (1 BR).

Being close to the lobby elevators is helpful in that you can get to the boats quickly. Hallways are a mile long!

Good luck!

When I did online checkin the only option i was given was "near elevator" or "none"

It’s funny…I’m pretty sure I got placed in one of the “123” villas before the refurb a few years ago and disliked the small shower in the awkward bathroom. The kitchen counter space was near non-existent, as well. Lots of floor space though and a very, very long balcony. Floor space was great for ECVs and anyone needing to have extra space. Round table with 4 chairs. Not sure what the refurbed villa will look like and how they were able to fit the Murphy bed. Hopefully they didn’t need to keep a sofa there because of all the windows.

It’s funny…I’m pretty sure I got placed in one of the “123” villas before the refurb a few years ago and disliked the small shower in the awkward bathroom. The kitchen counter space was near non-existent, as well. Lots of floor space though and a very, very long balcony. Floor space was great for ECVs and anyone needing to have extra space. Round table with 4 chairs. Not sure what the refurbed villa will look like and how they were able to fit the Murphy bed. Hopefully they didn’t need to keep a sofa there because of all the windows.

Yes, I think We are all waiting to see what they do with the beds in there rooms. We liked the extra floor space because we usually use an air mattress or cot in a 1 bedroom and there was so much space for that.

Is the shower that much different? I guess I’ve never stayed in any other Boardwalk 1 bedroom but I remember SSR and BCV being the same.

I am curious about those -123 rooms
Is there anywhere we can see the floor plan?
We have a two night stay in a 1BR Standard in august…

In going on thirty years of primarily BWV stays, we've had a room request met ONCE. Have realistic expectations.

High floors often offer better views - although with BWV standard views trees block a lot of view. Low floors are convenient for moving around the resort - especially if you can take the stairs to avoid the single set of elevators.

I am curious about those -123 rooms
Is there anywhere we can see the floor plan?
We have a two night stay in a 1BR Standard in august…
Here is a post with a few photos. We stayed in one of the x123 rooms (there are only 3 of them-2123, 3123, 4123) years ago and I remember that the shower had really no place to put shampoo, etc. Even if that hasn't changed, at least there should be shampoo, conditioner, shower gel mounted on the shower wall now. The lighting was awful because the living room was so large and there was only a lamp and the light over the kitchen table. Hopefully that will change. The layout is really entirely different from other one bedrooms. And that wraparound balcony is really big. We watched Epcot high fireworks from the balcony.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-1-bedroom-pull-out-couch.3893646/post-64244163

I lucked into 3123 one time, didn’t even request it. I’m assuming it still has the pullout sofa, I don’t think the Murphy Bed would work.

My request for a standard 1 bedroom is “top floor, across from the bus stop”.

In general, you would probably want to request 'near elevator' and 2nd floor for Std view. That puts you on lobby level for easy access out to the busses, and close to the elevator to drop down to 1st floor for Epcot or DHS and boat access...without the long walks.

The *123 rooms are super-cool - my favorite is the 2nd floor. Aside from the strange large layout and huge balcony, these rooms are down some of the longest hallways in Boardwalk - you'd think that would make them terrible...but right on that corner there is a staircase and you're just a hundred or two feet from the bus stop. This makes it very convenient for heading to the busses and back from the busses - you don't have to go into the main lobby at all. Just head to that door from the bus stop and up to your room (that's why I like 2nd floor the best - it's not too much of a stair slog coming back from a long day in the parks). Also, you're in the closest rooms to DHS, making it a fairly easy walk without needing boats or busses.

facebook twitter