Boardwalk - Peppermint room

Shellyred8

I'd rather be at Disney
We just returned from a stay at the BWV (5 nights). When we checked into our room, it smelled very strongly of peppermint (smelled like essential oils). We contacted a manager and they were able to get us moved just a few doors down from where we were. However, when we got to our new room it was a Handicap Accessible room (no tub). The manager that moved us didn't ask if we were OK with not having a tub. It was nice to have the extra space in the room, but I missed the tub. I could've called back and said I wanted a tub and I'm sure they would've moved us again, but at that point I was tired of dealing with the situation and decided I could live without the tub for this trip.

This post isn't meant to complain, rather just to share our experience with others so they can be aware of what might happen if you have to be moved to a different room. For those that have little kiddos, it might be a bigger issue to not have a tub.

Over all it was a good trip, even with all of the rain.

We just returned from a stay at the BWV (5 nights). When we checked into our room, it smelled very strongly of peppermint (smelled like essential oils). We contacted a manager and they were able to get us moved just a few doors down from where we were. However, when we got to our new room it was a Handicap Accessible room (no tub). The manager that moved us didn't ask if we were OK with not having a tub. It was nice to have the extra space in the room, but I missed the tub. I could've called back and said I wanted a tub and I'm sure they would've moved us again, but at that point I was tired of dealing with the situation and decided I could live without the tub for this trip.

This post isn't meant to complain, rather just to share our experience with others so they can be aware of what might happen if you have to be moved to a different room. For those that have little kiddos, it might be a bigger issue to not have a tub.

It's a timeshare. Someone has to get the HA room if no one has requested one. We had the HA grand villa at BWV last fall. I didn't ask for one. We didn't need one. Two of the 3 bathrooms had roll-in showers and two tubs if you count the large jetted tub in the master bath. If we had been a family with a number of small children, it would have been a problem but we would have had to deal with it. There were other modifications that made the villa wheelchair-friendly. They weren't as big an issue as the showers and for us, the showers weren't a deal-breaker.

Personally I'm a little bothered that you ended up with a room that smelled so strongly of a scent like that. I've read posts about people using their essential oils in vaporizers in hotels. I wish they would realize just because they love and cannot live without their essential oils, others cannot handle how strong they can be. It might be a home away from home but it still is not one's own home. I'll be really glad when this essential oil fad goes away. Stuff like that flares up my allergies sometimes and I don't even really have allergies as bad as some people do. I had to learn the hard way to travel with stuff like flonase or else suffer a few miserable nights.

Personally I'm a little bothered that you ended up with a room that smelled so strongly of a scent like that. I've read posts about people using their essential oils in vaporizers in hotels. I wish they would realize just because they love and cannot live without their essential oils, others cannot handle how strong they can be. It might be a home away from home but it still is not one's own home. I'll be really glad when this essential oil fad goes away. Stuff like that flares up my allergies sometimes and I don't even really have allergies as bad as some people do. I had to learn the hard way to travel with stuff like flonase or else suffer a few miserable nights.

I read somewhere that an essential oil diffuser can actually make people sick. A daycare had an essential oil diffuser they ran and it was making the kids sick. I dont remember what scent they were using though. Strong peppermint would trigger a migraine for me..

I read somewhere that an essential oil diffuser can actually make people sick. A daycare had an essential oil diffuser they ran and it was making the kids sick. I dont remember what scent they were using though. Strong peppermint would trigger a migraine for me..

Yeah I think I read that. Plus another thing is, that stuff can be bad for pets too, especially tea tree oil apparently. One thing is for sure, just because something is marketed or labeled "all natural" doesn't mean it's safe or good for all. Don't take medical advice from people selling things on facebook! Geez folks...Sorry to hijack your thread OP. I think they would probably reserve the HA accessible room until the last possible moment and sometimes that's just the only place to get moved to :(

It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I would hope smoking in the room would cause alarm to go off.

Yeah I think I read that. Plus another thing is, that stuff can be bad for pets too, especially tea tree oil apparently. One thing is for sure, just because something is marketed or labeled "all natural" doesn't mean it's safe or good for all. Don't take medical advice from people selling things on facebook! Geez folks...Sorry to hijack your thread OP. I think they would probably reserve the HA accessible room until the last possible moment and sometimes that's just the only place to get moved to :(
I heard a response once to the "all natural" label that I found a bit amusing and it has stuck with me: Poison Ivy is all natural, but that doesn't mean that it's good for me or that I'm going to roll around in it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter