Boardwalk 2023 Renovation schedule

Exactly why were they down? Were they being renovated or just outside work? Have they even started to renovate the BWV side yet?
I think they mean March 2024. BWV renovations have not started yet but the standard view category started showing no availability to book after 1/1/24. Now we're finally able to see into March of 2024 for reservations.

Yes. This is complete BS on Disney. You are paying for that air conditioning and they are trying to take it away as much as possible. They are trying to get one over on people.

This is no different that people trying to get one over on Disney when they lie about kids ages, number of guest in a room, ect. But Disney certainly doesn't want the guest doing to them what they try to do to the guest.
That went in when they were in their "going green" kick. I didn't think it still existed anywhere any more.

I think they mean March 2024. BWV renovations have not started yet but the standard view category started showing no availability to book after 1/1/24. Now we're finally able to see into March of 2024 for reservations.
Thanks for clarifying. Yes, March 2024. From what I understand refurbishments will be starting for BWV Sept 2023 with the boardwalk view rooms being blocked out Sept - Nov 2023. Standard view rooms were blocked out from Jan - Feb 2024. Assuming pool/garden view rooms are next?

Does it really only take a couple months to do the refurbs for each room type?? I didn't realize it went so quickly.

We might try to stay here in January 2025 so I guess we're definitely in the clear for getting a refurbished room.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, March 2024. From what I understand refurbishments will be starting for BWV Sept 2023 with the boardwalk view rooms being blocked out Sept - Nov 2023. Standard view rooms were blocked out from Jan - Feb 2024. Assuming pool/garden view rooms are next?
The pool/garden view room count vastly outnumbers the Boardwalk and standard view rooms. I would not expect to see all of them go out of service at once. In fact there probably are some going to be out along with standard view rooms since they are right across the halls from each other. And the ones across from the Boardwalk views should be out together at the same time.

Does it really only take a couple months to do the refurbs for each room type?? I didn't realize it went so quickly.

We might try to stay here in January 2025 so I guess we're definitely in the clear for getting a refurbished room.
The last refurb at BWV took over a year or at least close to a year as I recall. This one seems to be lining up very differently but we'll have to see.

I am hearing refrurb down to the studs...which makes sense cause of the Murphy beds...We left our 2 bd rm on Feb 18th...we don't plan to return to BWV until about fall 2024....by then we hope all the work i done and the new Cake/Bake shop is going strong...
Yes, I've read it's a hard refurb as opposed to the soft refurb at BCV.

I didn't realize any of the resorts had those motion sensors that shut off AC. yuck! Where can I find a list of the ones that have that?
I'm wondering if an oscillating desk fan would be big enough to trick the sensors
I like it really cold, especially when I sleep, so this is something I'll definitely need to keep in mind, even if we go in the winter.
Studies have shown we all sleep better when it's colder. I definitely cannot sleep if it's warm.

Is that you Cristabel :)! I ended up going with BWV too! Crossing my fingers that both our contracts make it through ROFR quickly :)

P.S. This is Katie if you didn't know lol.
Hi Katie!! It's been forever since I've chatted with a Diva on the board. Miss the good ol' days LOL.

Yes, hopefully it's quick! Originally was doing a big family trip next year but found out my sister is pregnant with TWINS :eek: so we're postponing to 2025 - also make sense since Epic universe is opening that summer.

Hi Katie!! It's been forever since I've chatted with a Diva on the board. Miss the good ol' days LOL.

Yes, hopefully it's quick! Originally was doing a big family trip next year but found out my sister is pregnant with TWINS :eek: so we're postponing to 2025 - also make sense since Epic universe is opening that summer.

How exciting! Your sister and BIL are going to have their hands full!

The pool/garden view room count vastly outnumbers the Boardwalk and standard view rooms. I would not expect to see all of them go out of service at once. In fact there probably are some going to be out along with standard view rooms since they are right across the halls from each other. And the ones across from the Boardwalk views should be out together at the same time.
As a BW owner, I understand the need for the refurbishments. What I don't understand is taking the BW pretty much off the table in being able to book a stay there. Our use year is October, so by removing use of the rooms from Fall through Winter, means we can't stay in our home resort for this timeline, which is pretty much when we go - October through March.

Am I missing information, I feel like I probably am, because it just doesn't make sense that they are completely taking the rooms out of service for the refurb duration?

TIA,
Dee

As a BW owner, I understand the need for the refurbishments. What I don't understand is taking the BW pretty much off the table in being able to book a stay there. Our use year is October, so by removing use of the rooms from Fall through Winter, means we can't stay in our home resort for this timeline, which is pretty much when we go - October through March.

Am I missing information, I feel like I probably am, because it just doesn't make sense that they are completely taking the rooms out of service for the refurb duration?

TIA,
Dee
I think the general consensus is that they may be doing exterior work on the boardwalk, hence all the rooms being out. I'm disappointed as well, only doing WDW every 3 years now and it just so happens we're going in October. Had to settle for garden/pool.. And hoping the refurb doesn't have much impact on the aesthetic.

From what I've read, they don't take ALL rooms down at the same time. At least, that's how it looks like it's been for other resorts. They just do chunks at a time and then move on.

I have a 1-bedroom preferred booked for September 15-19 at Boardwalk. No problem booking it a month or so ago and no mention of full Boardwalk closure...where is this information that all rooms are out for fall to winter? Am I in just before they are to close? Honestly, I don't much care - in September I'm there for Food & Wine and spend very little time in the room other than to sleep, so they could shut down whole wings and even storefronts along the Boardwalk and I'd still be fine staying.

TIA,
Dee
I have a couple of rooms booked there in December. It was no problem booking right at 11 months. BWV in general has gotten to be one you really don't want to miss the 11 month window for any studios or 2BR's. 1BR's still linger longer but book faster than they used to.

However, the last refurb they did take rooms out at a much slower rate than they appear to be for this refurb. Having all Boardwalk views out and then starting Jan 1st all standard views (and probably some pool/garden views) is a big chunk and not very owner friendly.

Last edited:
BWV is a small resort relative to SSR and other resorts, so any shortage of rooms leads to BWV owners' panic buying to ensure they have a holiday date for 2024.
All studios are being snapped up at the eleven-month window leading to a lack of studios from now thru March 2024. Other resort owners will find studios are not available at the seven-month window and because BWV has no dedicated 2-bedroom rooms it also has a knock effect on 2 bedroom supply. I am happy my July 2024 1 bedroom standard should be available . Which room this year will be? Lets hope they can complete refurbishment without delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter