• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boarding at the "Disney" kennel

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Has anyone used the kennels at Disney? And how do you contact them? I tried online and received this message for a variety of dates right out until December.
Please select suite accommodations and additional activities.

The type of reservation you are trying to make is not available on this web site. Please call the boarding location directly.​

*Vacation Villas, Luxury Suites, and Club Suites may be available to book by phone. Please call the center directly 407-209-3126

They do not answer the phone number and the mailbox hasn't been setup to receive messages. Are they still in business? Anyone else have a recommendation?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hmmm strange. We used them years back several times. They were excellent and my dog literally wanted to stay. No joke, greeted us and wanted to go back. I recall doing ice cream snacks n Xtra walks for him. He was spoiled!! We checked on him and the CM’s were wonderful!!
Perhaps now with some Disney hotels taking pets they’ve cut back or closed? Wish u good luck, trusting someone with a loved pet is not easy.

Is this the one you’re looking for? https://www.bestfriendspetcare.com/location/waltdisneyworldresort
AFAIAA, Disney closed their own kennels some time ago. I’ve seen reports here from people who have boarded their dogs here and were pleased.
The phone number for Best Friends Pet Care is the same as the one the OP listed, so that's the company they're trying to contact. They're still listed on WDW's website, so I assume they're still in business.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/best-friends-pet-care/

Adding - here's their "Contact Us" form, maybe that will work?
https://www.bestfriendspetcare.com/location/waltdisneyworldresort/contact-us

Last edited:

The phone number for Best Friends Pet Care is the same as the one the OP listed, so that's the company they're trying to contact. They're still listed on WDW's website, so I assume they're still in business.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/best-friends-pet-care/

Adding - here's their "Contact Us" form, maybe that will work?
https://www.bestfriendspetcare.com/location/waltdisneyworldresort/contact-us

Sorry, I didn’t scroll down far enough to check.

OP, I hope you find a kennel!

Call them. That's what I needed to do. The web site always says the accommodation wasn't available. I called and got an inside/outside room when I booked back in May. I got the same issue on the website when I tried to make a reservation for November. I called and got an inside/outsie room again, which was fine with me. I'm starting to wonder if they have no inside only rooms (the cheapest).

When I checked in they said I hadn't done a stool check for worms which they needed. I thought they only needed the 3 vaccines. I was local so I was able to go to my vet and get it done.

Call them. That's what I needed to do.
The problem is the OP has been calling them, at their posted phone number. Not only is there no answer, they get a message that there is no mailbox set up for the phone number so they can't even leave a message.

Call them. That's what I needed to do. The web site always says the accommodation wasn't available. I called and got an inside/outside room when I booked back in May. I got the same issue on the website when I tried to make a reservation for November. I called and got an inside/outsie room again, which was fine with me. I'm starting to wonder if they have no inside only rooms (the cheapest).

When I checked in they said I hadn't done a stool check for worms which they needed. I thought they only needed the 3 vaccines. I was local so I was able to go to my vet and get it done.
What is the price difference? How hard is it for their website to book all rooms with a listed price. They must use the same IT as Disney. :rotfl2:

I just called and go the option to save a message. The indoor/outdoor I believe is about $4 more per night. I tried a reservation 11+ months out and got the same message. That is why I think this BestFriends location does not have only indoor rooms. But I guess on my part.

Our Golden stayed there a few months ago. What we did not realize is that out of State pets are required to get a Flu vaccine. That is not required in CT so they would not allow him to play with other dogs since he had all other shots except that one.

Our Golden stayed there a few months ago. What we did not realize is that out of State pets are required to get a Flu vaccine. That is not required in CT so they would not allow him to play with other dogs since he had all other shots except that one.
I have a FLA vet. No mention of a "flu vaccine" ws mande and we discussed all vaccinations. THANK YOU for the information.

I have a FLA vet. No mention of a "flu vaccine" ws mande and we discussed all vaccinations. THANK YOU for the information.
I can only tell you they refused at the kennel to allow him to be with other dogs specifically because he did not have that vaccine. Never mentioned it during the signup process. Required to have two doses of it a month apart prior to boarding. So he was by himself the whole week.

Next time we will just dress him up as Pluto. Get a line formed for only $5 each get a paw print with Pluto!

I can only tell you they refused at the kennel to allow him to be with other dogs specifically because he did not have that vaccine. Never mentioned it during the signup process. Required to have two doses of it a month apart prior to boarding. So he was by himself the whole week.

Next time we will just dress him up as Pluto. Get a line formed for only $5 each get a paw print with Pluto!

Next time we will just dress him up as Pluto. Get a line formed for only $5 each get a paw print with Pluto

I did some research for anyone that may be reading:
Influenza viruses are able to quickly change and give rise to new strains that can infect different species. Both strains of canine influenza identified in the U.S. can be traced to influenza strains known to infect species other than dogs. At some point, these viruses acquired the ability to infect dogs and be transmitted from dog to dog.

Canine H3N8 influenza was first identified in Florida in 2004 in racing greyhounds. It is thought this strain developed from an equine H3N8 influenza strain that jumped from horses to dogs. Since being detected in 2004, canine H3N8 influenza has been identified in dogs in most U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

Canine H3N2 influenza was first identified in the United States in March 2015 following an outbreak of respiratory illness in dogs in the Chicago area. Prior to this, reports of canine H3N2 influenza virus were restricted to South Korea, China and Thailand.

I did some research for anyone that may be reading:
Influenza viruses are able to quickly change and give rise to new strains that can infect different species. Both strains of canine influenza identified in the U.S. can be traced to influenza strains known to infect species other than dogs. At some point, these viruses acquired the ability to infect dogs and be transmitted from dog to dog.

Canine H3N8 influenza was first identified in Florida in 2004 in racing greyhounds. It is thought this strain developed from an equine H3N8 influenza strain that jumped from horses to dogs. Since being detected in 2004, canine H3N8 influenza has been identified in dogs in most U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

Canine H3N2 influenza was first identified in the United States in March 2015 following an outbreak of respiratory illness in dogs in the Chicago area. Prior to this, reports of canine H3N2 influenza virus were restricted to South Korea, China and Thailand.
Thanks for the information! Very useful!

The Kennel we usually use (locally) never required the Flu Vaccine. They stopped boarding and every other kennel we visited requires it.

Waiting for the 2nd shot so we can board in October.

I’ve never used the kennel. Heck, I don’t even have a dog.
That said, I’m sitting here in the waiting room waiting for my car to be serviced. I’m bored, so I went on their website. It does say some locations require the flu shots for group play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter