• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou - adult ordering child's meal?

I'm sure someone gets away with this every now and then. But as standard policy? No.

BB will allow an 'adult' (more specifically my 13 year old DD) to order Mac and cheese, but it was an adult portion. So kid friendly food, in an adult portion. It was more than the kids prices of course but wasn't anywhere near the other entrees in price.

BB will allow an 'adult' (more specifically my 13 year old DD) to order Mac and cheese, but it was an adult portion. So kid friendly food, in an adult portion. It was more than the kids prices of course but wasn't anywhere near the other entrees in price.

I think they do double the kids' portion for double the kids' price. Doesn't matter if you only want the smaller portion.

when my best friends and i went in november for my 30th, this was one of their choices for lunch. i am not an adventurous eater, and there was nothing on the 'adult' menu that i, or one of my friends, would eat. i asked the waiter if i could order from the kids menu and i was able to. it was a bigger portion than the kids plate, and a higher price - but yes, it can be done. at least it was done for two of us at the table. ask your waiter when you sit down, they should ask if there are any questions! :)

We frequently do this for my daughter who is not an adult eater (she is 26.) She orders from the kids meal, they do what we call double double (double kids portion, double the kids price) but you don't get the kids drink. It works well for us.

Thank you everyone! I've always missed dining here because of the expense and am finally ready to do it this year's trip. I'm hoping to enjoy the experience and make sure we are both fed in the process ☺️

Thanks for posting this question! I had no idea that you could order off of the kids' menu. This will be helpful for our next trip. ODD is 10, so she can't really eat off the kids' menu anymore, but sometimes the adult menu stuff is not the sort of food she likes.

At 12, I would just have him order what he wants. I wouldn't mention his age or ask for an exception. If they question it, be honest. Tell them his is 12 but doesn't like what is offered on adult menu. Be prepared for the double-double and to have to order his drink separately.

My daughter was about 12 - 13 and was able to order the build your own PBJ at Carnation with no issues.

Thanks for posting this question! I had no idea that you could order off of the kids' menu. This will be helpful for our next trip. ODD is 10, so she can't really eat off the kids' menu anymore, but sometimes the adult menu stuff is not the sort of food she likes.

Most places she'll probably still be able to get the standard kids meals (at all counter service places of course) BB is generally stricter with ages from what i've seen but will always offer the double for double.

Each adult entree comes with a choice of gumbo or a salad. The special dining options usually add a shrimp cocktail. There are usually 2-3 dessert choices often including a chocolate cake and a creme brûlée.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter