BLT to Epcot?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
How do you get from BLT to Epcot? Do you need to take the monorail to the TTC and transfer to the Epcot monorail or can I walk easily to the TTC, and get on?

Monorail. If the resort monorail is down, they will run buses.

You can't walk to the TTC from BLT.

Allow extra time, especially when you return to BLT from EPCOT. You will probably have to wait at TTC to change monorails, and remember you will stop a the Poly, GF & MK before you arrive at the CR.

IMO, the monorail to EPCOT is a "con" for choosing BLT. YMMV.

If you want to get to WS you could also walk to the MK and grab a bus to one of the Epcot resorts. I’d rather be walking and in motion than waiting for monorails and in double security lines. We’re staying at bay lake in june. If we do an Epcot rope drop our plan is to drive. If we do an Epcot WS dinner we plan to do the Epcot resort bus method.

Allow extra time, especially when you return to BLT from EPCOT.

IMO, the monorail to EPCOT is a "con" for choosing BLT. YMMV.

Having just stayed at BLT, I would completely agree with this! The wait for the monorails at Epcot closing was epic— felt like we were never going to get “home!”

Thanks all. Sounds as if my best bet for maximizing park transportation when staying on the monorail line is the Poly.

Yeah, we've stayed at BLT and Poly with a main focus on MK. Poly was a much more enjoyable stay, transportation-wise. The transfer at TTC from CR was a minor annoyance that we had not taken into account. Walking from Poly was a lot easier and more enjoyable. It was also nice to have the option of taking a boat to/from MK from the Poly (I know that wasn't specific to your question, but it added to the overall ease of getting around).

If you plan to go to Epcot more than you will go to MK then perhaps BLT is not the resort for you as you will have to transfer from the resort monorail to the Epcot monorail. The real problem is than you have to exit completely via the ramps from the resort monorail and then go back up the ramps to the Epcot monorail which is very time consuming and places you back at the end of the line for the Epcot monorail. So BLT and VGF are not great resorts to go to Epcot.

However, BLT is easy to get to MK as it is only a 10 minute walk even pushing a stroller or riding an ECV. The problem with PVB is that you only have the option of booking a studio, so when you are traveling with family, you cannot book a 2BR which really works well for a 2 generation family stay.

This! BLT is great to walk to MK. The epcot monorail is terrible (security at BLT, change trains at TTC, more security at epcot). That, and the buses have been very sporadic in my experience.

I’ve pretty much decided on driving to Epcot from BLT, at least for our morning at Epcot. If I’m a rope drop person and aim to arrive in the parking lot around 8:15 on a 9 am opening day, can I expect to park relatively close to the entrance? Close enough to not have to use the shuttle?

How do you get from BLT to Epcot? Do you need to take the monorail to the TTC and transfer to the Epcot monorail or can I walk easily to the TTC, and get on?

Our base is at BLT so we’ve done this route many times before. Uber is probably the fastest but I still love taking two monorails. It’s just fun..it’s a very disney thing to do even though it takes awhile

It was also nice to have the option of taking a boat to/from MK from the Poly (I know that wasn't specific to your question, but it added to the overall ease of getting around).

It's my understanding that those boats don't take ECVs, which I now have to use. And since I loved the boats before I needed an ECV, I'm frankly a little concerned about seeing them and knowing I can't utilize them.

We own at BLT and have never really had a problem with the monorail change at the TTC. If you really want to speed up the monorail process, just limit your bags. The security check at BLT has been relatively quick for us and even at EPCOT unless you need to have a bag checked you can slide through that security check very quickly. The only time we have definitely run into waits at the monorail is coming back later in the evenings and after for fireworks. If you have an ADR that you must get to, I would suggest Uber. But if you just want to get there in advance of rope drop, get an early start and try to limit bags that need to be checked.

I’ve pretty much decided on driving to Epcot from BLT, at least for our morning at Epcot. If I’m a rope drop person and aim to arrive in the parking lot around 8:15 on a 9 am opening day, can I expect to park relatively close to the entrance? Close enough to not have to use the shuttle?
Close up parking at Epcot is now the extra cost reserved premium parking. You'll be closer to the front, but not right at the front. Unless you have a Handicap parking permit.

Close up parking at Epcot is now the extra cost reserved premium parking. You'll be closer to the front, but not right at the front. Unless you have a Handicap parking permit.

Typically when I've done rope drop at Epcot I've gotten right behind preferred parking, which put me about 1/4 mile walk (max) to the front of the park (faster than the Tram only if you had to wait for one to arrive). Just did this during this past Thanksgiving. It really depends on what is walkable to you as the Epcot parking lot really isn't that large in general.

It's my understanding that those boats don't take ECVs, which I now have to use. And since I loved the boats before I needed an ECV, I'm frankly a little concerned about seeing them and knowing I can't utilize them.
You’re right they don’t take ECVS.:guilty:

I completely forgot about premium parking - I never drive to the parks except occasionally animal kingdom. Thanks for the reminder! Still has to be closer than some of those Epcot bus stops!

Typically when I've done rope drop at Epcot I've gotten right behind preferred parking, which put me about 1/4 mile walk (max) to the front of the park (faster than the Tram only if you had to wait for one to arrive). Just did this during this past Thanksgiving. It really depends on what is walkable to you as the Epcot parking lot really isn't that large in general.

Thanks. Still sounds closer than some of the bus stops at Epcot. Yikes. Some of those are FAR.

If you're staying in the DVC section of Poly, you can ride the ferry to MK. Just take the path to the TTC. The downside would be security at TTC - you're with everyone coming in from the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter