BLT and Top of the World

Babbletrish

DIS Veteran
So we're arriving in WDW sometime possibly later in the day on November 26 (the Saturday after Thanksgiving). How badly will we need a reservation to eat and watch the fireworks/water pageant from the Top of the World and would we even be able to get one?

Reservations are not offered.

Lounge access is first-come, first-served to guests staying at Bay Lake Tower on reservations made through DVC member services. They do not guarantee that the lounge will be open every night--it could be rented out for private functions. Although those situations are few and far between.

Those wishing to visit the lounge must check-in at the lobby podium. After the Cast Member verifies you are eligible to visit, they will grant access to the lounge.

Only modest appetizer-type food is offered. Flatbreads and other small items. Seating in the lounge is limited but there is an outdoor deck which (theoretically) holds several hundred people. Reaching maximum occupancy has never been an issue. A typical night's crowd is well under 100 people, with most arriving just a few minutes before the fireworks begin.

BTW, I don't believe the water pageant can be seen from the lounge. The windows face the Magic Kingdom.

There is a blacony (small) on the other side of the lounge from the large deck area that you can see the water pagent from. I have watched it a couple of times. You have to go through a door near the bar to get to the balcony. You may need to ask a server where it is if you don't see it when you first come inside.

PP is right about the water parade. You can see it from the window in the the hallway opposite the north side elevator bay. You might want to consider having a bite to eat at the contempo cafe and then having dessert and drinks later in the lounge. When we were there in Sept the lounge did not fill up until just before the MK fireworks the couple of times we went up there. We went up about an hour early and had a table by the window. Actually went back down and watched the fireworks one night from the LV room balcony instead of the observation deck.

The menu at the TOTWL is now supposed to change monthly or so we were told on our October trip. That is something new from our last visit.

Here's the menu for October.

file-594.jpg

We noticed on some nights there was only a CM located at the north elevator. We did not need to show all our KTTW cards only one. Our KTTW did show a remark, "DVC Room Only" and that was what the CM looked for along with the code showing we were staying at BLT. We were never asked for our DVC member card. DH even asked the CM at the podium and he answered, only one KTTW card.

One evening there were about 14 people in the lounge and that was the busiest we ever saw it. Usually the wall of the balcony was lined with people for the viewing of the fireworks. But the entire viewing area never filled up. But come to think of it I don't think we went there on a weekend because of family plans. So it could have been busier on the weekends.

Thanks! Maybe we'll try to get and ADR at Cali Grill if the flatbread pizza isn't enough for my friends (boy, I need to talk to them and plan things...)

You won't need a reservation. I don't believe the lounge has ever turned any one away... There might be a problem if you try to go up for new years fireworks or maybe christmas day... but I doubt it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter