BLT 3 bedroom grand villa, which view do you prefer?

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
Yesterday was my seven month mark. I changed my reservation to BLT 3 bedroom villa. I really wanted a lake view but this time it was not available. I was able to get theme park view which is a lot more points. From what I can tell, in my opinion, the lake view is much prettier. Theme park view over looks a parking lot with MK in the distance. Am I wrong? I’m happy to get the grand villa but I’m disappointed that I’m using a lot more points and not getting g the view I prefer. I know...first world problems...haha! Anyway, if you’ve stayed at BLT, tell me which view you prefer and why?

I liked the Lake view most of the time as well, but you couldn't beat sitting out on the balcony and watching the fireworks with the MK view.

I stayed this august in a grand villa theme park view... without the fireworks I would definitely choose the lake view. While looking into the magic kingdom is magical, the parking lot views are not so great.C9AB897A-20BD-46F0-9C2E-8514C791245F.jpeg532697532698

Last edited:
Grand Villas are only on the top floor, so there well above the parking lot. The lower floors are more "parking lot" view, but I think the top floor would be nice. Have you ever been to the Top of the World Lounge? That's the view you should have.

Grand Villas are only on the top floor, so there well above the parking lot. The lower floors are more "parking lot" view, but I think the top floor would be nice. Have you ever been to the Top of the World Lounge? That's the view you should have.
While they occupy the top 2 floors, I still got a large view of it. Not much you can do about it being there though 🤷🏻‍♀️

If you like the lake view, buy points there and you can lock in the lake view ahead of time and have exactly what you prefer.

We always get the lake view as we enjoy watching the Electrical Water Pageant. Of course, that was pre-COVID when it was running. If it's 7 months from now that would make it May so let's all hope some things are reinstated by then like the Pageant and fireworks. 🤞

We always get the lake view as we enjoy watching the Electrical Water Pageant. Of course, that was pre-COVID when it was running. If it's 7 months from now that would make it May so let's all hope some things are reinstated by then like the Pageant and fireworks. 🤞

yes!!! I am praying things are much better by then! 🙏🏻

Can the Electrical Water Pageant still be seen from Bay Lake Tower rooms/villas with a Bay Lake view? My understanding is that this is seen from Seven Seas Lagoon and not Bay Lake ?

Can the Electrical Water Pageant still be seen from Bay Lake Tower rooms/villas with a Bay Lake view? My understanding is that this is seen from Seven Seas Lagoon and not Bay Lake ?

If you are on the south outside arc of the tower in a lake view (LV) room, you'll be able to see the EWP twice! Once in the distance, when it goes by Wilderness Lodge, and then again when it plays for BLT/Contemporary. You can definitely hear both quite well. When we're in our room, we listen for the opening fanfare before stepping out onto the balcony.

If you're on the north outside arc of the tower in a LV room, you'll get a view of Tomorrowland and the MK fireworks, but no EWP.

I can't comment on inside arc LV rooms, but I suspect that the EWP isn't visible from those on the south side, and the north side may have a slightly blocked view.

If you are on the south outside arc of the tower in a lake view (LV) room, you'll be able to see the EWP twice! Once in the distance, when it goes by Wilderness Lodge, and then again when it plays for BLT/Contemporary. You can definitely hear both quite well. When we're in our room, we listen for the opening fanfare before stepping out onto the balcony.

If you're on the north outside arc of the tower in a LV room, you'll get a view of Tomorrowland and the MK fireworks, but no EWP.

I can't comment on inside arc LV rooms, but I suspect that the EWP isn't visible from those on the south side, and the north side may have a slightly blocked view.
Shoot. Good point. You could take a stroll out onto the bridge. It’s best experienced serendipitously. It is not a grand event (although I love it dearly).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter