Blizzard check-in

In my part of CT we were originally in the 22-30" band now it's downgraded to probably tops at 18-24" depending on the news station. The winds are not as bad as predicted so far either. We live on top of a hill and we generally have stronger winds than others and so far it doesn't seem too bad. Still doubt we'll be going anywhere until Wednesday though.

I am on the shore and we have gotten around 9 inches or so. Still supposed to get a bit more, but no where near what they were saying. Sounds good to me. Was not looking forward to 2 1/2 feet!

My mom is in Portland and they have gotten close to 2 feet! Thank goodness it's the light and fluffy snow.

I am on the shore and we have gotten around 9 inches or so. Still supposed to get a bit more, but no where near what they were saying. Sounds good to me. Was not looking forward to 2 1/2 feet! My mom is in Portland and they have gotten close to 2 feet! Thank goodness it's the light and fluffy snow.

Even the light fluffy snow takes forever to snow blow out when there's 2 feet.

We haven't started working on it yet - we'll have to go out through the garage because we can't open our door due to the snow.

Checking in from central NH. DH got up around 5 am and it hadn't starting snowing but it was very windy all night. I got up around 8 am (no work today) and we had a couple of inches. It's hard to tell how much because it's really blowing around. It's coming down pretty hard now. We can't see the houses on the other side of the lake (about a mile across) so visibility is poor. Glad I didn't have to drive in to work this morning.

I'm in Central MA, right on the Worcester/Middlesex country lines. We have close to 30" of snow right now, and still coming. The forecast I'm watching says the heavy accumulation will be stopping soon but it'll continue to snow the rest of the day. I can't see my car anymore lol.

Governor Boy lifted the driving ban in South Jersey as of 7am so I went to work. Maybe 2 to 3 inches.

This is just further confirmation of what I've long experienced in this area: Snowfall totals are inversely proportional to the amount of hype a storm receives.

Gee, I wish I could be as inaccurate in my work as weather forecasters and still have a job. So I'll have to settle for ridiculing them.

I'm not coastal, but we were predicted to get 8-14 inches and got nothing. We MAY see three inches. I had a couple of very angry kids this morning.:rolleyes:

Looks like MA is getting the brunt of it though. Hope you all are safe and warm!

I can't believe NYC is SHUT DOWN. So eerie. That can't be cheap either :scared:.

Same here (Albany NY). A bunch of school closures last night and woke up to no snow. It just started snowing here (lightly snowing).

Plymouth County here. DH and DD snowblowed and shoveled at 8 AM, we had 2 feet then. Still coming down hard, windy as heck. My daughter in law sent a picture of coastal Scituate. Water as high as the street lined mailboxes, at low tide!

We are still under a blizzard warning here on Long Island, at least my part of it is.

Still snowing and windy out there!

Is anyone from Southern Worcester County? If so, PLEASE check in with the latest about the weather. My Mom lives in Dudley, she's 82 yo and a recent widow. I can't reach her this morning, but called the Council on Aging. I talked with her yesterday and she was kind of nervous.

Plymouth County here. DH and DD snowblowed and shoveled at 8 AM, we had 2 feet then. Still coming down hard, windy as heck. My daughter in law sent a picture of coastal Scituate. Water as high as the street lined mailboxes, at low tide!

SE Mass here, but not coastal. No idea exactly how much we got, due to drifting. :) Probably 18 or so inches, on it's way to 2 feet.

Scituate is taking a beating, and there are some houses in Marshfield that will probably take a lot of ocean at the next high tide. Marshfield lost about 80 feet of their sea wall.

Fortunately, it's not a full moon, so while high tide is coming, it won't be a lunar tide.

Is anyone from Southern Worcester County? If so, PLEASE check in with the latest about the weather. My Mom lives in Dudley, she's 82 yo and a recent widow. I can't reach her this morning, but called the Council on Aging. I talked with her yesterday and she was kind of nervous.

I'm northern, but the winds are picking up; it's no longer white out conditions but it's definitely 2 feet+ of snow. I can't really say what plows/emergency services are doing right now as I live at the back end of a cul-de-sac.

Just checked in with my kids who live in Southern NH on the Mass line. They have 25" and its still snowing really hard there.

We're an hour north of them in Central NH and we're at about 7". Winds have been bad, but have died off as of right now. When I got up you couldn't see across the lake. Now we can see the whole other side.

I live in a Buffalo suburb. We got nearly 8 feet over the course of 3 days back in November. Just sayin'

I'm in southeast MA, but not too near the coast. The snow is still coming down here - quite a lot (hard to tell with drifts) but not as windy as it was last night. I'm very thankful we have power!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter