Blizzard Beach question

CaseyJr

Remember The Magic
As the time for our trip approaches, I suddenly find that I have all these questions that I never knew I had........!

A BLIZZARD BEACH QUESTION (or 2):

1. Ski Patrol -- says it's for "pre-teens," so what age/maturity level are we talking about (I assume, any kids too old for Tikes Peak?)? Would a 7 y/o be run-over by older kids?

2. Many of the "ride restrictions" say that you should be a strong swimmer. How strong of a swimmer? Are kids allowed to wear "life vests" on any of these?

I ask because our DS is 7 and can swim fairly well, but I don't think he'd qualify as a "strong swimmer." I personally would not feel comfortable with him "splooshing" down a slide and into deep water, but at the same time, I know he'd have a blast and will want to "ride" the same slides DH & I will do. Last time we visited BB, DS was too young, and DH & I took turns on the slides.
:confused:

Hi there! We must have been oblivious to the ski patrol area last year, but it couldn't have been that unsuitable for my daughter aged 8 then. Either she did it or didn't want to because it wasn't challenging enough!!!! I gather you only have the one child like us. We all turn into children at the water parks and go on everything together-mum or dad first then DD then other parent, so that one is with her at all times!!!! Also although she is a good swimmer, I wouldn't consider her very strong, so we make sure one of us is near to where the ride finishes, just in case she should get into difficulty, which she never has yet, but I prefer to be cautious. Maybe you could all become children for the day????

Debsi -- all the way from England!

So, did your DD do OK coming off the slides? What about the ones where the water is fairly deep as the slide exits?

Did y'all stay in the water and wait until DD made it down, or did you have to get out?

I don't recall the name of it, but our favorite slide is the one that's completely enclosed. We've talked about it so much that I know DS is going to want to try it.

:smooth:

Im fifteen and enjoy watching my little sister in the ski patrol camp, you'll even find me on some of the slides, my parents to, so I think it's good for everyone!

Alex

To anyone who's just come back: how was the weather? Hot, cold, comfortable?

To the locals: how does the forecast look for Thanksgiving week?

Just wanted to get an idea about what to expect and if Blizzard Beach will still be do-able for us.

Having sunny thoughts!
:sunny: :smooth: :sunny:

Our daughter who is 4 went to ski-patrol with her dad while I stayed with 2 yr old at Tykes Peak and she loved all of the slides. She went on everything that she could. She wore a life vest that we got at BB. I know there are lifeguards at the bottom of the slides. I'm not sure if husband was permitted to stay in water to help her out or not.

We live at Ski Patrol when we visit BB! DD8 loves the two tube slides and the regular water slide, DD11 lives for the icebergs, and scared the life out of me when she did a back flip off the zipline! :eek: The lifeguards there are some of the nicest, friendliest ones at the whole waterpark. They help the little ones with their tubes, and DD8 was getting high-fives from the one at the bottom of the tube slide! We're worried that the girls will be too old/outgrow Ski Patrol before our next trip :(

Schmeck

My 6-year old daughter had no interest in anything but the "big" rides when we visited in September, and she did all of them (with the exception of the three height-restricted rides - 1 inch too short!). She loved the tube rides, including the enclosed one (Runoff Rapids), and the "family" one (Teamboat Springs). She swims very well, but I would wait in the water for her in any case, and was never given a hard time. As I remember, the water at the end of the slides never exceeds 3'6" deep, so she was able to stand up anyway.

Have a great time!
Mike

Well, we made it to Blizzard Beach! Had to really plan which day to go, as forcasts went from cool to warmer to cool again in a matter of days. We did pick the warmest day, though.

It was chilly! The water was COLD! DS said he had a good time, even though he was cold (DH & I tolerated the low temps. better than DS did).

DS did just fine w/out a floatie, even Runoff Rapids (the enclosed one).

I know that my 3yr old dd went on some of the "adult" rides and they allowed her to her her life preserver with no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter