Black Friday

Google Chromecast Audio is only $15 via Google Store on Google Express right now. I have an old stereo that still works fine and getting rid of it would just be a waste - so to bring it up to date and make it more useful I kept thinking I needed to get one of these for it, but at $35 or even $25 I could just never bring myself to pull the trigger. But at $15 I'm game.

ETA: And it's OOS already - that was fast! Glad I jumped on it as soon as it was posted on Slickdeals! Guess I'll be stalking Slickdeals all day today while I"m at work :)

That site saved me a lot of $$$ over the years but nowadays you do need to know what your personal offers are on your credit card and cash back websites as some don't bother posting that anymore.

That site saved me a lot of $$$ over the years but nowadays you do need to know what your personal offers are on your credit card and cash back websites as some don't bother posting that anymore.

Agreed. I use all forms of bargin-sniffing-out - Slickdeals, credit card offers, cashback sites, emails/apps from retailers and even my own web-surfing LOL I admit Slickdeals also often lists stuff that is only a so-so deal - you have to really know your prices. But it is good for finding those really short-term deals that come and go before you would notice them otherwise, like the Chromecast Audio one was!

Last edited:
I love my Pro KitchenAid Stand Mixer but it's so big for a family of three so I double my batches and freeze the other half which works well for our busy family. This is a purchase you won't regret so have fun with it!
She’s a professional baker so I know she wanted more capacity. I just worry it’s too similar to the one she has but like my DH pointed out, that one is starting to show it’s age and he’s had to replace a gear on it twice for her. If nothing else she’ll love the color and the ability to have two going at once. We’ll see what happens. I’ll let her know it won’t hurt my feelings if she wants to exchange or return it

A tip: If you are looking to add another Echo to your home or one as a gift, use Alexa to order (only if you have never used her to order before) and get a $10 voice credit. I did today and a new Echo 3 Gen was only $14.

Pass has a deal similar to Olive Garden, but it's in my mail, not online. Try searching for "restaurant black Friday deals", or there's a link in the first post to a bunch of restaurant deals. Personally, I'm hoping for last year's Cheesecake Factory offer to be repeated.

Yes! The Cheesecake Factory offer for 2 slices of cheesecake per $25 gc starts Friday. :) I buy $50 worth every year.

I found a great deal at Rack Room shoes today. BOGO on certain boots, plus $10 off and free shipping over $50 (maybe $75, not sure). Got 4 pairs of boots for $96 shipped. Also picked up 32 pairs of men's underwear for $28 at Target using the $10 off $40 coupon. DH will be set for underwear for the next decade or so. :rotfl2:

A tip: If you are looking to add another Echo to your home or one as a gift, use Alexa to order (only if you have never used her to order before) and get a $10 voice credit. I did today and a new Echo 3 Gen was only $14.
what is a voice credit?

Does anyone know what time Black Friday sales will go live on the Target website?

I saw a post where someone said 12pm PT, 3am ET. But I don't know how reliable that source is.

Walmart went live at 10pm ET, 7pm PT. But there was nothing I ended up wanting there. The few things I was interested in are in-store only. And there is no way I will go to a Walmart store for Black Friday. You couldn't pay me enough.

Now I have 3 windows open that I am just constantly refreshing:
- Best Buy. No clue what time they may start, saw one post where someone was guessing around 11pm PT.
- Kohl's. Supposed to start at 10pm PT. I have one doorbuster I am hoping will be available online. It wasn't available with the rest of the early sale items this week.
- Google Store. No clue the start time, I'm kinda thinking it will be 12am PT but that's a total guess. I just need some screenshots to do a price rewind claim on the Pixel 3 I bought on release day. Should get $150 back from that.

Last edited:
At least some items are live on Best Buy - the price for one of the items I was watching just dropped.

Are there any deals for spending a certain amount for BF at Target? In years past, they had the 20% off later if you spend $75 on Friday, any deals like that?

Are there any deals for spending a certain amount for BF at Target? In years past, they had the 20% off later if you spend $75 on Friday, any deals like that?

Spend $50 or more on Friday, get a 20% off coupon good from Nov. 27-Dec. 8, online or in store. There's also something about scanning your wallet in the Target App and getting a 20% off mobile coupon good on a "future" trip in store - I guess that is meant for Friday only too?

Target for the win tonight. Easiest of the 4 websites I ordered stuff from this evening and in store pickup that doesn't require it to be shipped to the store...looking at you Walmart. My orders are already ready for pickup. So happy to not have to stress out about getting my Nintendo Switch.

Got everything I was looking for tonight, plus a Pixel Stand that I didn't plan on but it was half off and I had another 20% off code so I went ahead and got it. It's the only wireless charger that will fully fast charge the Pixel 3. The normal price is crazy ($80), but this deal made it at least a bit more palatable. Still not great, but I don't think it'll get any better than that anytime soon.

My biggest win of the night was not actually a purchase, but the screenshots of the unlocked Pixel 3 on sale for $150 off. I already submitted them with my price rewind claim to Citibank to get that back on my phone that I bought in October. Yay!

Final haul for the day:
- Google Chromecast Audio - Google Express, $15
- Google Home Mini - Google Express, $1 through a weird Spotify deal
- Google Pixel Stand - Google Express, $32 [yes, I drank the Google koolaid years ago LOL]
- Flannel Shirt for DD18 - Kohl's, $4.25 after $5 KC and 15% code
- Greatest Showman Bluray/DVD/Digital Combo - Best Buy, $8 (but I used a giftcard I essentially got for half price so really $4)
- Crazy Rich Asians Bluray/DVD/Digital Combo for DD18 - Google Express, $18.40. I was hoping for a bit better, but it is what it is. Hopefully the price will drop more sometime before Christmas and I can submit another price rewind claim.

I need to go to sleep now, but I feel like I might miss some great deal if I do LOL

Woke up super early and couldn't fall back asleep. Thought I'd check out if anything had started online already. Was hoping for the promised Black Friday $199 price on Vector at Best Buy - the sale was live and they actually matched the 1-day Amazon price from earlier in the week (that I missed but read about on Slickdeals) of $175! Score! Anki's website also has this price for BF, which I checked second, and realized that I wouldn't have paid sales tax if I ordered from Anki. But I'm going to be like Elsa and let it go. Great deal on the one big thing that DS12 wants this year!

I also hopped over to Costco to place orders with future delivery dates for gift baskets. At checkout it showed $5 off each order and this didn't appear anywhere else. I got the cute reindeer chow tin because this just arrived at my house yesterday and the chow is good and the tin is so cute and reusable! Happy shopping Budget Boarders!

Last year people reported getting the 20% on future order coupon to from target when shopped on thanksgiving, has anyone received one yet? I have a few things on my target list but I don't want to miss out on getting the coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter