Bittersweet last trip

Sending you a prayer and a wish for an exceptionally magical trip.

My prayers are with you and your family. Treasure your memories, take lots of pictures of your dad with the kids. It will mean a lot to them and you in the future. I'm so happy you will have this opportunity to share this time with the whole family. God Bless!

I can't seem to stop crying. May God bless your whole family and my prayers go with you. Enjoy these magical memories and have a great time.

(((hugs))) We lost my dad to prostate cancer 9 years ago--he was only 67. Bless you all and cherish your remaining time together.

Sue

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Death is an inevitable part of life. Please go and enjoy this time with your father. He will be enjoying it as much as he can. Try to make the very best memories while you are there. Make sure you have alot of pictures. You will appreciate them when this time is over. Eventually you will recover. I lost my mother many years ago but whenever we see her in films or pictures they are such great memories. Say all the things you need to say now. I often feel that my mom is present at different times, I feel her spirit. God bless you all.

First once in my life I'm at a loss for words. God bless you and your family, please keep us posted.

I hope it helped to share your story and to see how many are praying for you and yours. You and all of your family are in my prayers, too.

CarrieAP,

Prayers to you and your family. I lost my Mom 23 years ago to Pancreatic cancer. Came on suddenly then too.

Enjoy your trip and the precious memories you will gain. {{hugs}}
angel.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my father to lymphoma last year and my mother (suddenly) in 1982. It is very difficult to lose a parent. Cherish your time together.

Oh that brought tears to my eyes. What I would have given for one last family trip with my dad. Take this time and cherish every second.

{{{HUGS}}} You and your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

From the first few lines you wrote, describing your father's appearance and symptoms, I knew what the diagnoses was. I lost my father to pancreatic cancer on August 31, 1999. Three months to the day from when we got the news of his illness.

As everyone else has said, make these last days count. Make some good memories. In time, they will outweigh the bad ones.

You're in my thoughts and prayers...

WOW...our prayers are with you .

We just lost a friend of the family to liver cancer 2 weeks ago. He was 49. (It was as close to family as you can get WITHOUT being family. )

I lost my Dad to a heart attack when I was 12 and my Mom to breast cancer when I was 5.

The one thing I learned at a young age was....

LIVE LIFE TODAY AND WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW WHEN BOTH FEET HIT THE GROUND.

Life is too short.

Enjoy your trip with your family...you will remember it forever.
There will be a time and a place for grieving and sorrow then enventually that will turn to laughter and memories you will share with your children a lifetime.

To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is not to die. Make some beautiful memories of this trip which will stay with you until you all meet again. God Bless you and your family.

I lost my dad to colon cancer in January of last year, so I know what you're going through. Your dad sounds like my dad in that he lived life to the full right till the last minute (he took his last vacation 4 weeks before he died). I know it's hard, but do your best to try to 'forget' the illness during your vacation. Try not to start grieving for your dad before he's gone- I know my own dad had a remarkable gift for pretending that everything was normal and life was to be lived as normal. I think he wanted normality around him, and it sounds as if your dad is the same.

I'm hoping you guys can make some great memories and I'm praying for strength for your whole family.

Have a magical vacation and I hope it can be a special time for you all in spite of everything.

I pray that your father will not suffer a lot. You and your family are in my prayers too. At times like this I remind myself that the only reason we are hear is for God in the first place. It makes it a little easier.

Please enjoy your trip at Disney World. I know it will be hard to get the cancer off your mind but do your best. You will be so thankful later on.

Myra

It is indeed so bittersweet...

I traveled with my mother to WDW when she had cancer. The end never felt too close, but I would still look at her, doing something with her grandchildren, and the tears would well up in my eyes. I hope the trip is filled with many good memories, but I know it will be difficult.

My mom died three weeks ago and we will be going to WDW this summer. It will be bittersweet again, without Grammi, as we remeber our times with her there.

I wish you and your family all the best...

Everyone who's posted has said exactly what I would say. I'd only add my prayers and some pixie dust for a joyful and memorable time together. I know the sorrow may see overwhelming at times but make as many memories as you can. My kids have funny memories of the "pa pa" who died at 61. They are in the 20's now and they always grin when they speak of him.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord be gracious unto you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and give you peace!

From my heart.

How fortunate that your Dad was able to make this trip with you. Enjoy every last second and remember you can't tell him enough how much you love him and how grateful you are that he is your Dad. Many people don't get an opprtunity to say these things to their loved ones. GOD Bless you and your wonderful family. And tons of pixie dust your way.

My thoughts are with you and your family. It is truly a blessing that you were all able to make this trip together. Enjoy every moment. I lost my father also without being able to say good bye.
Hope you have a Magical trip!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter