Bilingual Working at WDW or DLR Process?

MagicKid89

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! :wave2:

I am still in the process to get accepted for the DCPFall 13

But I was wondering how we would go about and get certified in another language?
At my current job I work in the Bilingual Dept Spanish and English
so using my skills would be awsome. :thumbsup2

How does the process work with Disney?
Is there an extra "Incentive" for being Bilingual?

You just call the language line and take a short ora test. Then you get a nametag with a language pin on it. That's it there are no other incentives.

Yeah, there's really no incentives for lingual abilities. It will, perhaps, be an added convenience for you in being able to service the guests better and make it a better experience for them. How's that for incentive? :-)

This is a burning question I've always had (a little different from OP...): If you're working as a face character performer, are you allowed to speak in another language if you are interacting with a guest who doesn't speak English? Just curious...

This is a burning question I've always had (a little different from OP...): If you're working as a face character performer, are you allowed to speak in another language if you are interacting with a guest who doesn't speak English? Just curious...

That's a good question! I personally don't know the answer but when I was in Disneyland Paris I was waiting in line to see Jack Sparrow and he spoke French to one family, Spanish to another and finally English for me and my friend!! I was impressed!!

Obviously that is slightly different since it was in Europe :) Maybe WDW has a different policy??

That's a good question! I personally don't know the answer but when I was in Disneyland Paris I was waiting in line to see Jack Sparrow and he spoke French to one family, Spanish to another and finally English for me and my friend!! I was impressed!!

Obviously that is slightly different since it was in Europe :) Maybe WDW has a different policy??

Thank you so much!! That is so cool to hear!! It would be pretty interesting if they had a different policy in WDW... but cool to know that it happens anywhere! :thumbsup2

I'm really interested in looking into the process that the Parks take, as it's quite different from what I've had to deal with in the past. I'm conversational in at least 3 languages, so it's hopeful!

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter