• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big shout out to wdw lost and found!!!

KristenFNJ

Mouseketeer
Only you people will understand why I'm sitting at my desk crying over a pressed penny case!

DS1 (11) lost his pressed penny collection-the entire full case with 2 years worth of WDW coins-at the Magic Kingdom last Friday. We didn't realize it was missing until I went to pack it up to leave our hotel on Saturday morning, about 15 minutes before check-out time. :(

Now, I think about the amazing, strong inspirational families who were there on Wish trips, traveling with loved ones who live with serious challenges, even surely some who suffered great losses back home in OK while we were there :(... clearly, a pressed penny collection doesn't even register on the list of things that matter, and we're grateful for our true blessings and have perspective about it.

But through my "mom" colored glasses, there was my baby, who LOVED this collection, which included his first coin from Ellis Island to his first pressed quarter to commemorate his first ride on Space Mountain that very day... there were precious memories in there. He was SO mature about it, he was so clearly disappointed but held it together emotionally so well, and didn't make a bit of a fuss (while I was in tears, frantically tearing apart all the bags I had just packed :P ). I was and am so proud of him for keeping a sense of perspective and acting so maturely.

We called the hotel when we got back, and after several searches they didn't find it. I don't know what even made me think that Disney had a Lost & Found, so I googled it and saw that some people had been able to get things back even weeks after their trip, so I gave it a try...

Well, thank goodness no one was standing outside my office to see me freak out and start crying! The poor operator! LOL I was absolutely shaking. They took our address and are going to ship it to our home. Unreal, just unreal. I cannot wait to get home and tell my son. He deserves this-he's a great kid, even though he lost it, everyone makes mistakes, and he deserves to get it back. My mom is calling it a miracle. LOL (over the top, maybe? lol)

So I simply have to acknowledge this amazing service by Disney! One website said they get something like 160+ pairs of sunglasses a DAY! Can you even imagine how much stuff they get from 4 parks, 2 water parks, and DTD? And yet, in 10 minutes they were able to locate my item, and she even opened it and told me what she saw-she had it in hand! By all logistical counts, this is nothing short of amazing to me. I am so impressed, and I really wanted to share this tremendously positive review with everyone!

(I also owe a huge debt of gratitude out into the universe for the individual who found it and chose to turn it in! Thank you, whomever you are!!!)

ITA, Kristen... WDW Lost and Found is amazing! We lose something every trip and never worry that we won't get it back.

When I think about why Disney is so much better than other resorts and theme parks... lost and found and First Aid are the two things that top my list. They go so over and above anything you'd expect to turn what would surely be a bad experience anywhere else into something that people want to shout from the rooftops (or, at least, post on a discussion board). Thanks for sharing!

Just an FYI to others who may lose things at WDW. In the parks and waterparks, they normally keep things until the end of the night/next morning when they then send the items to the main lost and found office located next to the TTC. This is good to know so you do not have to back track as I once did. If you are keeping a list of handy phone numbers for while at WDW, the lost and found is a good one to have: 407-560-5408.

Woohoo!! That's so great that they are shipping them back to you!

The lost and found does rock - I lost my car keys (My only set!!) there our last trip - they found them and held them for us until the next day when we could make it back to MK to pick them up! :dance3:

That's awesome! I'm so glad someone turned it in and that they have it for you! I have a (just turned) 12 year old ds who would be the same way if he lost something similar. Yay for you and for him!

So nice to read this! Happy for your son!:goodvibes By the way OP, you are a great writer!:thumbsup2

:blush: aw, thanks! I appreciate that, since I know I'm not capable of telling a "short" story! I imagine most people see the number of paragraphs and just glaze over and hit the back button! LOL

Thank you everyone for sharing in this joyful moment! Sometimes it really IS the little things!!!

Aw, what a great experience! We've had a simliar situation happen & were blown away at how helpful & efficient WDW's Lost & Found was to deal with. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just an FYI to others who may lose things at WDW. In the parks and waterparks, they normally keep things until the end of the night/next morning when they then send the items to the main lost and found office located next to the TTC. This is good to know so you do not have to back track as I once did. If you are keeping a list of handy phone numbers for while at WDW, the lost and found is a good one to have: 407-560-5408.

I called this number and they said it is just for the water parks. I left a book in the night stand last year thought I would give it a try. When I called the number they had to connect me to the resort I left it at. Unfortunately no one was available to take my call.

I will be back at WDW in 9 days so I guess I will just drive over and see if they have it.

I left my tempurpedic pillow at a Disney resort. I left two messages with the resort lost and found and never even got a call back. I'm surprised at no return call. They could have suggested the number above. I'll call the number to check. Thanks.

So glad you all had good luck!

itisamymc said:
I left my tempurpedic pillow at a Disney resort. I left two messages with the resort lost and found and never even got a call back. I'm surprised at no return call. They could have suggested the number above. I'll call the number to check. Thanks.

So glad you all had good luck!

Realize you did not ever talk to the resort; you spoke to a CCC. They would be directed to forward the request to the resort and most likely it was never found, so you were not called back.

Great story! Glad they had it.

We also had a good experience with WDW Lost and Found.

DD once lost her camera, I think she left it on a bench in Epcot or maybe on the resort bus. I figured we'd never see it again, but filled out a form at Guest Services just in case. Just one or two days later, I was completely surprised when I got a phone call saying they had a camera that matched the description, and could I identify some of the photos on it. The cast member got a good laugh out of it when I said I didn't know the last WDW photo she had taken but that at the beginning of the photos was a bunch of pictures of stuffed animals - as in taxidermy stuffed, not cutesy toy stuffed. :rotfl: We had stopped to visit family before we went to WDW and she had gone with her uncle to Cabellas where they had all the animals and she took lots of pictures. I specifically mentioned one that looked like she had a polar bear coming out of her head. He laughed and said, "Then this camera definitely is yours - that's not the type of photo I usually see!" :lmao:

What a great story!! So glad you found it.
DS left his favorite hat on BTMRR one night. We found it the next day at the TTC. Lost and found. I wasn't very optimistic but they had it!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Great story! I left my camera on Space Mountain last trip. Miraculously an hour later, the cm at the start of the ride had it. Amazing! Another reason to love WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter