BESTPRICECAMERAS.COM I have recently posted links to

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
this website as a low price camera shop. Since then I have learned rotten things about this company. Do not buy from them. I have read lots of feedback left for this company and none of it good. Most people never received thier cameras and were charged anyways and when they spoke to a representative on the phone, some were threatened with the posibility that thier credit card number would be posted for all on the internet along with all the info they had.

I am so sorry I even mentioned this site!

Here is a photo of the "store front" of the company that does business as "BestPriceCameras.com" and several other aliases (InfinityCameras.com, InfinitiCameras.com, InfinitiPhoto.com, and MrAccessory.com):

0057.jpg

Would you give your CC# to a place like this?

If you want to see photos of other "Too-Good-To-Be-True" Brooklyn "camera stores" (plus a few legit ones), see:
http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/#6

Any time you see prices that are significantly lower than known legitimate retailers, a red flag should go up. The outfits take apart the contents of a boxed camera and the price you see only covers the camera body itself. The routine scam goes like this:
1) You go to their web site and order a camera for $500 cheaper than other retailers.
2) The web site says, for "security" reasons, you must confirm the order by calling them (or they will call you).
3) When you talk to them you are asked if you want any "accessories"... like a battery, a user manual, a charger, or a lens cap. You know, the things the manufacturer says comes with the camera. You learn the battery is $150, the charger is another $150, etc. etc. By the time they add all of the stuff that came with the camera is sold back to you, the camera is more expensive that other retailers.
4) If you do agree to buy all the "accessories" and then actually send you the camera, odds are that it'll be a "gray market"*** camera, so you can probably kiss any manufacturer's warranty "good-bye"!
5) If you persist against buying any of the "accessories" and say you only want the camera, you will be told the camera is on back-order and that's the last you will ever hear from them.

*** "Gray Market" - Electronics and camera companies import products through "authorized" distributors. "Gray market" equipment is product that enters the country in an un-authorized manner. Companies will take advantage of currency differences and differences in local country pricing to buy product wholesale in another country and ship it here and somewhat undercut the prices of "officially" imported product. In the case of cameras, manufacturers can often look at series number range of a product and tell if it's "US" or "International" (gray market) product.

This has become a real problem for top camera makers. To combat this, they may refuse to honor the warranty (or make you ship it back to Japan for service) or sometimes even refuse to service it (even non-warranty repairs).

Some major discounters like B&H Photo offer both US and "International" products on their web site, but will clearly label which is which. However, the scum of the pond will often just sell "gray" or lie about it when you ask.

Geoff_M said:
Here is a photo of the "store front" of the company that does business as "BestPriceCameras.com" and several other aliases (InfinityCameras.com, InfinitiCameras.com, InfinitiPhoto.com, and MrAccessory.com):

0057.jpg

Would you give your CC# to a place like this?

If you want to see photos of other "Too-Good-To-Be-True" Brooklyn "camera stores" (plus a few legit ones), see:
http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/#6

Any time you see prices that are significantly lower than known legitimate retailers, a red flag should go up. The outfits take apart the contents of a boxed camera and the price you see only covers the camera body itself. The routine scam goes like this:
1) You go to their web site and order a camera for $500 cheaper than other retailers.
2) The web site says, for "security" reasons, you must confirm the order by calling them (or they will call you).
3) When you talk to them you are asked if you want any "accessories"... like a battery, a user manual, a charger, or a lens cap. You know, the things the manufacturer says comes with the camera. You learn the battery is $150, the charger is another $150, etc. etc. By the time they add all of the stuff that came with the camera is sold back to you, the camera is more expensive that other retailers.
4) If you do agree to buy all the "accessories" and then actually send you the camera, odds are that it'll be a "gray market"*** camera, so you can probably kiss any manufacturer's warranty "good-bye"!
5) If you persist against buying any of the "accessories" and say you only want the camera, you will be told the camera is on back-order and that's the last you will ever hear from them.

*** "Gray Market" - Electronics and camera companies import products through "authorized" distributors. "Gray market" equipment is product that enters the country in an un-authorized manner. Companies will take advantage of currency differences and differences in local country pricing to buy product wholesale in another country and ship it here and somewhat undercut the prices of "officially" imported product. In the case of cameras, manufacturers can often look at series number range of a product and tell if it's "US" or "International" (gray market) product.

This has become a real problem for top camera makers. To combat this, they may refuse to honor the warranty (or make you ship it back to Japan for service) or sometimes even refuse to service it (even non-warranty repairs).

Some major discounters like B&H Photo offer both US and "International" products on their web site, but will clearly label which is which. However, the scum of the pond will often just sell "gray" or lie about it when you ask.
Thanks! This was quite an eye opener! :eek:

well, my MIl foudn the website and I told her to order from someone she knows but she liked the price here. i said I wouldn't do it, looked sketchy. The last ight I found out more about the company and called her this morning to tell her not to order from this company and why.

I am still in the "shopping mode" but I did call them for a price and they said that they didn't have the camera in stock yet, to call back in a week. I won't be calling. Thanks for the heads up. How did you hear the negatives about them?

DawnCt1 said:
I am still in the "shopping mode" but I did call them for a price and they said that they didn't have the camera in stock yet, to call back in a week. I won't be calling. Thanks for the heads up. How did you hear the negatives about them?

Dawn, try buydig.com; I've bought several items from them, and they're always among the cheapest (by the time you factor in all misc. costs including shipping) and I always get the product within 72 hours.

Happy to help....

DawnCt1 said:

just go to google and type in bestpricecameras.com feedback and you won't believ what happened to some people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter