Best way to waitlist VGC

marisabuzz

Mouseketeer
We will be in California in June for a wedding and we just thought to now maybe add in a drive to SoCal afterwards.

What is the best way to waitlist 4 nights there? I prefer to be in a studio for the duration but would *maybe* consider doing a 1 bedroom. We don’t need to stay the full 4 nights but would be awesome if we did. Two nights in a row would be nice.

One WL for the full duration and another for two nights? Two WL for two nights each? Two WL with one for three nights and the second for one night?

We skipped a trip in 2018 so I don’t know how much the waitlist system has changed since we last booked/WL’d if it has at all.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated aside from “just book a 1 bedroom”...I’d like to do that as a last resort.

TIA!

Oddly enough, 2 bedrooms usually has the most availability, as for how to waitlist it, the best bet is go online right now an waitlist it. As to hos to do it, I forget how many waitlists you can have at once, but I would use the maximum available and then if they all come through, they can be combined. Ideally if you can have four, I would waitlist each night individually.

At bare minimum split it up two nights and two nights. But really you have a decent shot if you put in for it now and as long as you aren't borrowing points to accomplish it, I would waitlist both the studio and a 1 bedroom and if both come through, cancel the 1 bedroom.

Oddly enough, 2 bedrooms usually has the most availability, as for how to waitlist it, the best bet is go online right now an waitlist it. As to hos to do it, I forget how many waitlists you can have at once, but I would use the maximum available and then if they all come through, they can be combined. Ideally if you can have four, I would waitlist each night individually.

At bare minimum split it up two nights and two nights. But really you have a decent shot if you put in for it now and as long as you aren't borrowing points to accomplish it, I would waitlist both the studio and a 1 bedroom and if both come through, cancel the 1 bedroom.

I think it’s up to two waitlists...unless it’s changed in the last year?

2 bedrooms are easiest to get? I thought all the rooms config to make 2 bed lockoffs. Do they have dedicated ones as well.

I put a waitlist in just after I posted for 4 nights in a studio, but think I just might change it to 3 nights in a 1 bedroom and split those three days across two waitlists.

Ugh, we should have planned this before the 7 month mark. I stink.

Honestly, I don't know how many waitlists you can do, we own of VGC, so when we want to go we book at 11 months out. We have also done trades before when we want to book 11 months out elsewhere, has worked out great for us, even though we live less than 15 miles away.

As for bedrooms, I believe most are lockoffs, but I think there are some dedicated ones, either way 2 bedrooms seem to always be available when we look at less than 7 months with no availability for anything else, except occasionally a 3 bedroom.

23 2BR lockoffs
23 Dedicated 2BR's
2 GV's

FWIW you'll have a better chance getting Fri & Saturday nights as they were slower to book but in general June booked up a little faster than usual this year from my observations. Star Wars is expected to open during June. You never know but I think odds are slim to get 4 nights - especially in a studio. For best odds I'd waitlist the 1BR and either do 2 & 2 or else all 4 nights and a 2 night waitlist.

You are correct that you are limited to 2 waitlists per UY.

Also - I'd have a back up lined up for the stay.

23 2BR lockoffs
23 Dedicated 2BR's
2 GV's

Good to know. And it's the 2 BR lockoffs that make up the 1 BR and studio rooms. So my pickins come from this. *sigh*

I'd waitlist the 1BR and either do 2 & 2 or else all 4 nights and a 2 night waitlist

I ended up doing a 4/2 waitlist. Crossing my fingers one of them comes through...

Also - I'd have a back up lined up for the stay.

And yes, I was up past midnight booking refundable backups just in case.

Thanks for the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter