Best way to pack groceries to be kept at bag check at the hotel!

**Courtney**

Mouseketeer
Please delete if this the the wrong thread to ask.

We check in two weeks form today (WHOOO HOOOO) and will be arriving ti All-star Movies around 9:30 or 10am. Our plan is to hang out around the pool for an hour or two, then head to MK around 2ish, but we aren't counting on our room being ready and are planning on checking our bags at the resort. I know I can drop them off, and pick them up when we get back, but this will be the first time we are going to have groceries with us when we arrive. We will have a bag of snacks/lunch stuff and will also have a case of water and a couple cases of beer. Some specific questions I have:
- should I put my cold items in a cooler style bag, a grocery bag, or try to find a box?
- can I just put the other groceries in a reusable grocery bag?
- is it okay to have cases of water/beer? And if so, should I put them in a reusable shopping bag, or if worse comes to worse, I could unpack it in my husband's suitcase and shuffle his clothes to our other bags.

We are shopping the night before when we land in Orlando, and haven't had great experiences using delivery services. We always do a grocery run and by the time we get back with it all our room is ready, but with the flight changes we had, plans have changed on me. I know I'm over thinking, but its getting so close there isn't many other details to worry about.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't been to All Star Movies.
At Beach Club:
There is a fridge with a freezer section. (Maybe there was more than 1 fridge.)
If you want items to go in the fridge, bag them together.
If you want items to go in the freezer, bag them together.

Everything else is going to go on a shelf. I personally would think that a plastic bag might tip over, with items falling out, unless you tie it closed. A reusable grocery bag also might tip over, and those aren't designed to be tied closed. A paper grocery bag is more likely to stand upright, if it was packed properly. If all the heavy stuff was put on one side of it, it will tip over. You could use a box, but I don't normally see them for customer use (unless maybe it's a place like Sam's Club that does not provide grocery bags for customers).

If you put stuff in a cooler bag, the cooler bag (with contents) will go on the shelf. If you would prefer those items to go in the fridge, don't bother with the cooler bag.

You can have cases of water. They don't need to go in a bag. I assume you can have cases of beer but I haven't done that.

But if you are shopping the night before, are you staying someplace with a fridge for keeping your items cold overnight?

PP is correct about the title of your thread being misleading. I opened it because I thought, "Why does someone believe that a resort will search their bag before letting them enter?" You might want to call it, "Best Way to Bag Grocery Items for Bell Services."

I would re-title “Will bell services hold grocery items?”

Might get better answers. “Bag check” in Disney park lingo means the security bag check when entering parks/Disney springs 😉
Thanks, just did!! I didn't even think about that! My brain is too scrambled from thinking of the dumbest things!

I haven't been to All Star Movies.
At Beach Club:
There is a fridge with a freezer section. (Maybe there was more than 1 fridge.)
If you want items to go in the fridge, bag them together.
If you want items to go in the freezer, bag them together.

Everything else is going to go on a shelf. I personally would think that a plastic bag might tip over, with items falling out, unless you tie it closed. A reusable grocery bag also might tip over, and those aren't designed to be tied closed. A paper grocery bag is more likely to stand upright, if it was packed properly. If all the heavy stuff was put on one side of it, it will tip over. You could use a box, but I don't normally see them for customer use (unless maybe it's a place like Sam's Club that does not provide grocery bags for customers).

If you put stuff in a cooler bag, the cooler bag (with contents) will go on the shelf. If you would prefer those items to go in the fridge, don't bother with the cooler bag.

You can have cases of water. They don't need to go in a bag. I assume you can have cases of beer but I haven't done that.

But if you are shopping the night before, are you staying someplace with a fridge for keeping your items cold overnight?

PP is correct about the title of your thread being misleading. I opened it because I thought, "Why does someone believe that a resort will search their bag before letting them enter?" You might want to call it, "Best Way to Bag Grocery Items for Bell Services."
Thanks for all your advice! We are staying at an airport hotel (my FIL has millions of points banked) so we will have a fridge. I will use paper bags or plastic bags, and stop over thinking it. Saves me from bringing reusable or buying some we don't need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter