Best view of MK fireworks not in park

DISNEYFAN3260

"My other car is a monorail"
Our family of 6 is staying one night at AK before leaving for a Disney cruise. I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on park tickets for just a day, but would like to try to see/hear Wishes that night, if possible. Other than CA Grill, is there a great (free!) viewing spot outside the park? TIA.

You won't be able to hear it but you can see it from a lower public accessible floor in the contemporary for free. It might be the monorail exit but i don't remember anymore as it was about a decade ago I accidently saw them from this spot. That whole side wall of the hotel is glass and pointed towards the castle. not sure what the view or audio would be like from outside of the park near the contemporary. I think some minor youtube searching should help you find someone who posted a video of what they look like.

The Poly beach is good, but another spot is the boat launch/dock at the ticket and transportation center that is one of my favorite spots!

The BEST spot that you don't have to pay for park admission to watch is the TTC Dock. Hardly anyone there, the music is piped in for the show, and you can make a quick exit once the show is over before the hoards of people descend upon the TTC leave the MK. :rotfl2: If you happen to be DVC members Top of the World lounge at BLT is another great option. Beach at the Poly is always good but more people know about this free spot and tends to have more crowds.

The BEST spot that you don't have to pay for park admission to watch is the TTC Dock. Hardly anyone there, the music is piped in for the show, and you can make a quick exit once the show is over before the hoards of people descend upon the TTC leave the MK. :rotfl2: If you happen to be DVC members Top of the World lounge at BLT is another great option. Beach at the Poly is always good but more people know about this free spot and tends to have more crowds.
We are DVC and our home resort is BLT, but I don't personally care for the view from the lounge there. It's off to the side so you get a really warped perspective of the show, IMO. I LOVE the TTC suggestion, especially since we'll be staying at AKL. That will make for an easy return to the resort. Thanks!

We are DVC and our home resort is BLT, but I don't personally care for the view from the lounge there. It's off to the side so you get a really warped perspective of the show, IMO. I LOVE the TTC suggestion, especially since we'll be staying at AKL. That will make for an easy return to the resort. Thanks!

No problem! That's good to know about the view from the lounge. I'm not a DVC member so haven't had the pleasure of checking the fireworks out from there. I've only seen peoples photos and it's always hard to gauge the viewing experience from a photo. I guess it's better if you wanted to grab a drink and have someplace to sit while you waited for the fireworks.

I read online that they are limiting access (with wristbands, checking room keys) to the Poly beach to resort guests only during fireworks. Can anyone confirm this?

I read online that they are limiting access (with wristbands, checking room keys) to the Poly beach to resort guests only during fireworks. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh, that'll change my plans! I didn't realize beaches were proprietary. We were planning to watch after Spirit of Aloha, but maybe we'll head over to the TTC.

Oh, that'll change my plans! I didn't realize beaches were proprietary. We were planning to watch after Spirit of Aloha, but maybe we'll head over to the TTC.
I would think it would change many peoples' plans if it's true. Maybe it's just during holiday fireworks, or simply a rumor in light of the bungalows opening fairly recently. The site I read said that crowds on the beach have inconvenienced Poly guests at times, and if so, I can understand why some restrictions might be put into place. I'm hoping someone who has been there recently has more info. TIA to anyone who can help!

I would think it would change many peoples' plans if it's true. Maybe it's just during holiday fireworks, or simply a rumor in light of the bungalows opening fairly recently. The site I read said that crowds on the beach have inconvenienced Poly guests at times, and if so, I can understand why some restrictions might be put into place. I'm hoping someone who has been there recently has more info. TIA to anyone who can help!

Yeah, if it's ruining things for the resort guests, I can see that. It just feels like it would be a nicer experience than a dock at a transportation center.

Yeah, if it's ruining things for the resort guests, I can see that. It just feels like it would be a nicer experience than a dock at a transportation center.
I agree, it's a bit like the restrictions at Stormalong Bay

I guess it still works because my FB news feed was full of people recording 4th fireworks form there.
Can you confirm that they are piping the music on the beach? I had heard that during some of the early construction they had stopped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter