Best timing for seeing Frozen sing-along

coolbrook

DIS Veteran
I never could time it right to see this show when I was there in February. I was trying in the afternoon and twice they told me they had just filled up about 25 and 20 minutes before the show. Was I just unlucky or do you have to be there 30 minutes before or more to see this show? Is this true for the morning shows? I was thinking about trying for the first show of the day, but I don't really want to spend 30 minutes of my precious morning time waiting for it. Advice?

I never could time it right to see this show when I was there in February. I was trying in the afternoon and twice they told me they had just filled up about 25 and 20 minutes before the show.
I have to assume this is because of much reduced seating capacity due to "covid spacing."
If that kind of thing does go away (or at least be less severe) the early arrival time may be less important.

I have to assume this is because of much reduced seating capacity due to "covid spacing."
If that kind of thing does go away (at least be less severe) the early arrival time may be less important.
This.

If you want to see it, you have to get in line at least a half hour before showtime. Now, this is one of my favorites at HS so I just bite the bullet at some point during the day and wait.

I've sometimes gotten lucky showing up about 15 minutes - but it's been months since that happened. When we were last there a few weeks ago, they told us to arrive 30 minutes ahead of time and the shows fill up within 6 minutes of the hour (so 24 minutes before the show starts).

Getting there half an hour before the show was our experience in both December and in our trip this month. I guess it’s possible the first show might allow you to arrive slightly later because people are still doing the headliner attractions, but I wouldn’t count on it.

I had a similar question to this so thanks for asking.

My other question is I have a 2.5 year old who is potty trained but obviously since she's two waiting to get into the show for 30 minutes plus the show will stretch her bladder capability especially if it's hot and she's had a lot of water. Will it be a problem if we get in line 30 minutes prior to the show then me or DH leave to try and take her potty 15 minutes later, before the actual show starts and rejoin whichever one of us is still in line? Never taken a kid to Disney so unsure how that works. Thanks!

I had a similar question to this so thanks for asking.

My other question is I have a 2.5 year old who is potty trained but obviously since she's two waiting to get into the show for 30 minutes plus the show will stretch her bladder capability especially if it's hot and she's had a lot of water. Will it be a problem if we get in line 30 minutes prior to the show then me or DH leave to try and take her potty 15 minutes later, before the actual show starts and rejoin whichever one of us is still in line? Never taken a kid to Disney so unsure how that works. Thanks!

I am sure this would be fine.

I was there yesterday. They make several announcements to go to the bathroom before they start loading. If you are not back when it is turn to go in, your party will not be seated. And you may not be able to return if you leave during the show.
We arrived at 3:40 for the 4:30 show. We use the handicapped seating. It fills very fast.

I was there yesterday. They make several announcements to go to the bathroom before they start loading. If you are not back when it is turn to go in, your party will not be seated. And you may not be able to return if you leave during the show.
We arrived at 3:40 for the 4:30 show. We use the handicapped seating. It fills very fast.

Ok thanks. Glad to know they make announcements encouraging restroom use before they start letting people in. Hopefully that will mean others won’t get upset if we have to have one of us take her out for a quick potty break after we get in line. We obviously will try and get her to go prior to even getting in line and then will limit drinking as much as possible right before that. Just wanted to check for backup if she can’t go before the 30 minute pre show mark. And yea of course I would understand if we have to leave the actual show not being let back in, I don’t think we even would have asked or tried! DD loves Anna and Elsa (second only to Winnie) so this is a major priority for us so we are more than willing to get in line early!

Ok thanks. Glad to know they make announcements encouraging restroom use before they start letting people in. Hopefully that will mean others won’t get upset if we have to have one of us take her out for a quick potty break after we get in line. We obviously will try and get her to go prior to even getting in line and then will limit drinking as much as possible right before that. Just wanted to check for backup if she can’t go before the 30 minute pre show mark. And yea of course I would understand if we have to leave the actual show not being let back in, I don’t think we even would have asked or tried! DD loves Anna and Elsa (second only to Winnie) so this is a major priority for us so we are more than willing to get in line early!

There is a bathroom right next to the theater. I suggest you find it ahead of time... that way if you need to do a potty run, you will know exactly where it is. Even with a two year old, it's less than a minute away.

And, btw, you will love the show! I think it is one of the most underrated shows at Disney!

We've found 30 minutes is hit and miss. We missed it in January at the 30-minute mark (four of us), but in February we were one of the last parties seated (five of us). They were letting groups into the theatre one at a time at that point and the CM at the line entrance had warned us we may or may not get in.

We're going next in June and this will be a priority since we have a couple of first-timers with us. My plan is to line up at 40 minutes if it seems like a line is forming. (We probably won't try at the beginning of the day though)

it still holds a lot of people. Essentially, they fill the pre-show area twice. They did a great job filling the theater quickly with a lot of people and keeping people socially distanced.
We went right after lunch and easily got in. If you are in line 15 minutes before the next show, you should have no problem getting in unless the park is really crowded.

We were too late at like 20-25 minutes before the show. They told us line up 30 minutes or more before and then we made a later show, but were seated towards the back. The earlier the better!

We were too late at like 20-25 minutes before the show. They told us line up 30 minutes or more before and then we made a later show, but were seated towards the back. The earlier the better!
You must have been there on a busier day than we were. We were there a week ago and could get in line shortly before they started letting people in and still be in the first half they let in.

You must have been there on a busier day than we were. We were there a week ago and could get in line shortly before they started letting people in and still be in the first half they let in.
I was there mid-March so spring break time... definitely busier. I'm thinking things are a bit slower at this point.

Still with limited seating, it's good to check with the CM's to see what they recommend.

How is this show going on when singing is a very strong way to spread covid? Is it outside? I've never been but it sounds like it's inside so I can't imagine why/how they are allowing people to go inside a theatre and all sing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter