Best Table Service for 11yr old Boy

Rodeo Roundup is fun. Space 220 is nice, but IMHO, once you are out of the elevator, it's slightly anti-climactic. Maybe consider Hoop Dee Doo Revue - the show and food are really good and they will acknowledge his birthday during the show. We typically book a wagon ride after the show as well - could be a special birthday night. We also really enjoy Topolino's breakfast if he would like a character meal.

Rodeo Roundup is fun. Space 220 is nice, but IMHO, once you are out of the elevator, it's slightly anti-climactic. Maybe consider Hoop Dee Doo Revue - the show and food are really good and they will acknowledge his birthday during the show. We typically book a wagon ride after the show as well - could be a special birthday night. We also really enjoy Topolino's breakfast if he would like a character meal.
I love this idea!!! Thanks so much!! He loved the dinner shows we did in Pigeon Forge.

I love this idea!!! Thanks so much!! He loved the dinner shows we did in Pigeon Forge.
Something to consider. If you are spending a lot on additional TS dining in addition to the free QS dining plan, you might want to call and ask what the charge would be to upgrade to the TS plan. You can often pay the difference and it may not be a lot more (or maybe even less) to pay for the upgrade than paying for the meals on your own. It would all depend on how long you are staying, but it might be something to look into! I do believe HDD is 2 TS credits and CRT is. I believe Akershus is one credit for breakfast and 2 for lunch or dinner.

Something to consider. If you are spending a lot on additional TS dining in addition to the free QS dining plan, you might want to call and ask what the charge would be to upgrade to the TS plan. You can often pay the difference and it may not be a lot more (or maybe even less) to pay for the upgrade than paying for the meals on your own. It would all depend on how long you are staying, but it might be something to look into! I do believe HDD is 2 TS credits and CRT is. I believe Akershus is one credit for breakfast and 2 for lunch or dinner.
I edited my plans myself and it showed a little over a 1000 more. Not sure if i did it correctly or not though. It felt like alot more. We are staying 9 days/ 8 nights. 3 adults(Including my son) and 1 child. When i priced it, it was cheaper to just pay out of pocket for the two TS. I will try to call them to just make sure though.

I edited my plans myself and it showed a little over a 1000 more. Not sure if i did it correctly or not though. It felt like alot more. We are staying 9 days/ 8 nights. 3 adults(Including my son) and 1 child. When i priced it, it was cheaper to just pay out of pocket for the two TS. I will try to call them to just make sure though.
That is a longer trip, probably won't work in your favor in that case! Can't hurt to ask. Have a great vacation!

If you haven’t done something similar at home (we hadn’t), Teppan Edo was a huge hit for our DD at that age.

The food is straightforward, but the presentation made her feel like she was some bougie foodie and grown up. Absolutely loved it.

The meal was a fun experience and when the show was over, you got to leave. I think she would get bored/anxious waiting for characters or when the movies start repeating at sci-fi, so Teppan Edo was really good for her. Calm but interactive.

At his age, I would cater to his interest in food and fun. Does he love seafood but live where it is less fresh? Does he like antics or is that embarrassing? Does he love bbq, asian food, Mexican or traditional? Is he is into space or Star Wars? or maybe he is a dessert fiend. I wouldn’t limit it to a sit down meal, but pick a spot that would be the most fun for him.

At his age, I would cater to his interest in food and fun. Does he love seafood but live where it is less fresh? Does he like antics or is that embarrassing? Does he love bbq, asian food, Mexican or traditional? Is he is into space or Star Wars? or maybe he is a dessert fiend. I wouldn’t limit it to a sit down meal, but pick a spot that would be the most fun for him.
We might go with the Oga's. He has gotten interested in star wars here recently... and he loves a special drink. He hates roller coasters, so his favorite part of Animal kingdom was the drink from Pandora!
So glad it was mentioned earlier because I was just thinking food, so I wrote it off completely. That plus maybe doing a light saber will make his day. Thanks everyone for the help!

If I cannot get my reservations, I have plenty of back up ideas now! Whispering Canyon, Hoop-dee-doo, and Space 220 are definitely on my list!!

Have you tried Sci-Fi Dine In? My kids loved eating in the cars and the silly movie clips…the milkshakes were a plus for them too! If you don’t want a full meal there, you can always go in and just order milk shakes and soak up some of the AC!

Another vote for Oga’s. My daughter was a cast member there and it so much fun!

If he is a foodie, but secretly likes Mickey, I would consider Tusker in AK.

Another option is Boathouse, with a ride in the amphicars

If he is a foodie, but secretly likes Mickey, I would consider Tusker in AK.

Another option is Boathouse, with a ride in the amphicars
We did Tusker back in 2022 for his last birthday. We all loved it! But my son wasn't crazy about it. This was with the family style dining and not the buffet. I've heard the Buffet is better.

I loved Biergarten as teenager. The show was great and the food was good. I haven't eaten at Biergarten in years, however.

We had Tusker family style too, and gave them an A for effort, but nothing like the buffet.

Another vote for Teppan Edo or Biergarten if you end up at EPCOT. Both entertaining and lots of food! If you end up at Disney Springs, at that age my son loved Morimoto and Frontera for something more adventurous than kid's meal food. Have a great trip and happy bday!

My 11 yo boy's favorite is sci fi. He is a big eater too and that is his favorite thing about disney. I book sci fi once or twice a trip. He gets his own order of fried pickles. He also liked space 220 but the two times we went the meal took 2hrs. We didn't like it enough to spend that much time there again. We didn't care too much for Round up rodeo. He also loves docking Bay 7 because of the ambiance.

And you've got to do Ogas. That is so much fun and the drinks are great.

You could build a whole HS progressive adventure!
Charcuterie at taphouse.
Dinner at SCI FI, Brown Derby or Rodeo, or even Hollywood & Vine
Light Saber, and get OGA’s ressie for after park close for best experience.

We had Tusker family style too, and gave them an A for effort, but nothing like the buffet.

See I loved the family style, but I don't like having to get up to get my little people food. If I wanted to do that, I could stay home and save a zillion dollars. The family style breakfast, I at least got to eat my hot food while it was still hot 😂

See I loved the family style, but I don't like having to get up to get my little people food. If I wanted to do that, I could stay home and save a zillion dollars. The family style breakfast, I at least got to eat my hot food while it was still hot 😂
Gosh, I remember those days! And you couldn’t get food because the characters might come. My littles are now 36 and 28, and the conversation is more setting limits on exactly how many adult beverages I will fund if I am getting the bill.

If you can swing it, Hoop De Doo Revue. We celebrated my son's 10th birthday at Disney and one of the big things we did was HDDR, we splurged for the table in the front, the light up drinks, all of it. He never stopped laughing. That's my favorite memory from that trip. My daughter told the waitress she loved the chicken legs, and she brought her a pail of them! Lots of interaction from the performers too, because he had his button on.

Not too many people make a big deal over Garden Grill but we like it and will go back in May. Because it is not a super popular place, our grandchildren have had lots of interaction with the characters. Our 10 yr grandson is "too cool for school" but magically turns back into a child when he goes to a character meal - I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter