• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best site to rent a house for 2-4 weeks

Earstou

DIS Veteran
Thinking about spending 2 to 4 weeks near WDW and we would like to rent a house. What's the best website to use? Also the best area, really don't want to have to drive too far!

You're talking about WDW, right?

We only stay offsite, have never stayed on. Probably done at least 15+ trips by now. We've looked at other websites, but the one that's far and away the best...IMO...is VRBO. You'll have endless variety and choices. AirBnB isn't bad and there are a few others, but VRBO is far better. The reason why, at least for us, is the variety. The other websites don't have anywhere near as many options as VRBO does. I never pay more than about $90/night for a 3 to 4 bedroom 2.5 to 3.5 bath condo/townhouse. Usually a bit less...including fees and taxes.

As for best area, Rt. 192 runs east/west along the south side of WDW. There are incredibly large pockets of townhouse/condo gated communities on each side. I'd highly recommend picking one of those. We prefer the east side, but have stayed on the west side many times and like it just fine too. You'll be 10-15 minutes tops from the "entrance" to WDW...then of course you have to get to the actual park you're driving to. Depending on where you stay, it may even be less.

Here's another vote for VRBO. I've used that site to rent all over the world and never been disappointed.

Thinking about spending 2 to 4 weeks near WDW and we would like to rent a house. What's the best website to use? Also the best area, really don't want to have to drive too far!
Windsor Hills. Google it and there are various websites dedicated to renting there, including vrbo.

I second VRBO and specifically Windsor Hills. Super close to WDW, and there are community amenities that are great for "down" days. They have condos (tall buildings, community laundry facilities), townhouses (attached in a row--these usually have small pools), and actual houses. Obviously, houses are larger, have bigger pools, more bedrooms/bathrooms, etc. All have full kitchens and living areas. They ARE a tad pricier than other places--if they don't fit you budget, try Windsor Palms or one of the other developments very close to 192.

192 provides you with a ton of access to offsite restaurants, shopping, and other activities (mini-golf, Medieval Times, etc.). There's a Target, Publix, etc. nearby--Walmart's a bit further.

That's why I wouldn't recommend Windsor Hills...it seems like a "default" answer here, but from everything I've seen of it, it's overpriced.

We love Windsor Hills as well and have stayed in everything from the 2 bedroom condos to the six bedroom houses. So far, they are the best we have found for convenience, security, and the amazing pool! We usually get the best rates by using the Windsor Hills rent website to contact owners directly. Downside is that you get lots of emails directly back from individual owners, but some will be half of the quoted rate on VRBO!

That's why I wouldn't recommend Windsor Hills...it seems like a "default" answer here, but from everything I've seen of it, it's overpriced.

Pricier, yes, but I wouldn't say overpriced. The community has many more amenities than most, which (a) our family loves, and (b) come in handy if you're going to be there for a longer time. For example, the community pool is very nice, they have a weight/exercise room, community room for movies, playground, and so forth. We splurge for a 4BR/4BA house--our family values space--but it would be much cheaper to go with a townhouse or condo. It's also a gated/guarded community--this is important to us for safety, especially since our oldest was a long-distance runner. I felt much safer knowing my 14yo could get in her runs within the gates.

Certainly, there are other, cheaper options.

DisMommyTX, what is the website for contacting the owners for Windsor Hills rentals?

Sorry for the delayed response. The website I use is actually windsorhillsrent.com. I usually get 20-30 emails in response to each request, but the savings are worth the hassle.

VRBO. Windsor Palms is a bit cheaper than Windsor Hills, but less resort ammenities. If you're staying for a long length of time and planning to use the resort pool, gym, etc. I'd go with Windsor Hills. If you're not planning on spending a ton of time actually at your resort complex - Windsor Palms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter