Best signature restaurant for kids

Jaimet

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about booking a signature restaurant during my trip. I am looking for the most kid friendly menu, while still a great experience for the adults. I am on the Dining plan, so I’m not concerned about cost. We have already don’t CRT, so we are not interested in that. Thanks!

My kids liked Brown Derby we did the Fantasmic Package, I think Flying Fish or California Grill could be good choices.

I would vote on a dinner show over signature restaurant. Spirit of Ahola and HDDR are both great (I loke SoA better, but seems Im in the minority on that one). They are fun, entertaining and good food!

My kids liked Brown Derby we did the Fantasmic Package, I think Flying Fish or California Grill could be good choices.
I was thinking about Brown Derby or California Grill. Thanks

I would vote on a dinner show over signature restaurant. Spirit of Ahola and HDDR are both great (I loke SoA better, but seems Im in the minority on that one). They are fun, entertaining and good food!
We are going to do Hoop dee doo, already. We are very excited about going.

We are going to do Hoop dee doo, already. We are very excited about going.

Ha! Ok then...back to signature recommendations. Umm.... my kids like Le Cellier, but mostly for the bread and dessert (and Mac N Cheese!)!!

upload_2019-3-23_9-50-26.png

upload_2019-3-23_9-51-13.png

We brought two 9 year old girls to Narcoossee's and found it to be both Romantic and Kid Friendly. The Children's Menu includes 8 selections ranging from Mac and Cheese and Chicken Tenders up to Flat Iron Steak and Roasted Shrimp. The desserts were a particular favorite, one choosing the Nemo Cupcake and the other the Make Your Own S'mores. We timed it to watch the Fireworks from their Deck after dinner so that was a bonus.

Enjoy whichever you choose!

Le Cellier is the only on property Signature restaurant we haven't been to yet so no opinion there.
DGD's favorite signatures are the following in order of preference:

FF
Boathouse
Jiko
CG brunch (she's never done the dinner there w/ us)

FF won because she liked the desserts best and would like to one day try all of them in one seating w/o sharing. Unless she goes w/ her Ompaah and I'm not there I suspect that will have to wait until she's grown and paying her own freight:lmao:.

Last edited:
FF won because she liked the desserts best and would like to one day try all of them in one seating w/o sharing. Unless she goes w/ her Ompaah and I'm not there I suspect that will have to wait until she's grown and paying her own freight:lmao:.
This reminded me of a thread from years ago when two people went to Bistro de Paris (now Monsieur Paul) and had every dessert on the menu. No apps or entrees, just all of the desserts.

We brought two 9 year old girls to Narcoossee's and found it to be both Romantic and Kid Friendly. The Children's Menu includes 8 selections ranging from Mac and Cheese and Chicken Tenders up to Flat Iron Steak and Roasted Shrimp. The desserts were a particular favorite, one choosing the Nemo Cupcake and the other the Make Your Own S'mores. We timed it to watch the Fireworks from their Deck after dinner so that was a bonus.

Enjoy whichever you choose!

I agree, narcoosees akso gets our vote. Our kids have been eating there since they were 2.

Also Le cellier has been a good choice to Take the kids. Our kids love love love the pretzel bread.

We have been to BOG after it became a signature. The wait was so long this time with slow service, the kids said it took too long and they don’t want to go back.

If the kids are not super-picky (nothing but chicken nuggets/plain burgers/buttered noodles/cheese pizza), Morimoto Asia and Jaleo have the most interesting choices, in addition to being more visually exciting compared to quite a few other signatures.

Otherwise Cali Grill is good because everyone should see fireworks from there at least once in a lifetime and the children's menu ranges from mac-n-cheese to steak. Plus, you can eat early and go back later for fireworks. I agree with NYCgrrl that CG brunch would be an excellent choice (and a really good use of dining credits). Getting a reservation is another matter! I wish they would add at least one non-Sunday brunch per week.

Ones that might have less appeal to children are Yachtsman, Citricos and Jiko (because they'd probably rather go outside and see the animals).

Le Cellier, Brown Derby and Tiffins are fine if you'd prefer in-park dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter