Best Resort Room for Parking a Scooter

elvispursley

DIS Veteran
Trying to figure out if there are better rooms/layouts that work best with having a scooter (looking for deluxe). Currently we have a room at the Poly and looking at reviews online, not sure where the best place is to park it? There are just two of us staying and we'll have one of the smaller 3-wheeled scooters. Any advice or other resorts that work better?

Posters have parked 2 scooters in value rooms.
Buses can generally only accomodate 2 scooters. Some guests have had to wait for one and sometimes 2 buses. The 3 momorail resorts give you 3 options to the MK: monorail, boat or scooter directly to the MK. You can also monorail to EPCOT.

The resorts around crescent lake. Including Swan, Dolphin and Reserve, let you scooter or take the boat to DHS and EPCOT.

If your trip is long enough I suggest a split stay.
Pick a resort or resorts which require the fewest bus rides.

Edited to add Construction of the DVC tower at Poly has caused.a detour in the walkway to the MK. I'D, slightly, favor the GF or Contemporary over the POLY

Last edited:
The Swan is great for having an ECV. I was told when I picked my ECV up at the resort to park it in the hallway. There are little nooks near the elevators that have outlets. And if you park there you are not blocking the hallway at all.

I was also told by staff in the Grand Floridian when I stayed there to park in the hallway next to the wall (kind of an L shaped nook area they said to park it). The housekeeper practically parked it for me she was so adamant. I had plenty of space in that room to park it inside. I just didn't know what to do so I parked it where she told me - wasn't going to argue with her. Sort of what @maxiesmom experienced.

There's much debate on whether to ever park it outside your room and many good reasons not - if for no other reason than ANYONE can roll that ECV away without a key just to pull a prank or whatever. Also many ECVs actually use the same key -same exact key - so someone could take it in theory. Or they could mess with it (pour soda on it or vandalize it). If nothing else I feel better having it in the room cause I'm responsible for it.

For sure the GF room has a lot of space, I typically stay at a value and get my ECV in there no problem and there's 4 adults in the room. Are you renting 2 of them?

I was also told by staff in the Grand Floridian when I stayed there to park in the hallway next to the wall (kind of an L shaped nook area they said to park it). The housekeeper practically parked it for me she was so adamant. I had plenty of space in that room to park it inside. I just didn't know what to do so I parked it where she told me - wasn't going to argue with her. Sort of what @maxiesmom experienced.

There's much debate on whether to ever park it outside your room and many good reasons not - if for no other reason than ANYONE can roll that ECV away without a key just to pull a prank or whatever. Also many ECVs actually use the same key -same exact key - so someone could take it in theory. Or they could mess with it (pour soda on it or vandalize it). If nothing else I feel better having it in the room cause I'm responsible for it.

For sure the GF room has a lot of space, I typically stay at a value and get my ECV in there no problem and there's 4 adults in the room. Are you renting 2 of them?
No, we're only renting one scooter. I'm probably being more paranoid than anything, but both my mom and I have terrible balance, she more than me (hence her need for the scooter). I'm better in the day but at night, even with a nightlight, if I'm not careful and "wall surfing", I've fallen before. I just want to make sure that scooter is out of the way and we aren't tripping over it! Part of the reason we went with the hotel side of the Poly rather than the DVC side is the fact it has a dresser where we can unpack and fully get all our junk put out of the way. So many of the DVC studios seem to not have a dresser and have that pull-down trundle bed. 😁

No, we're only renting one scooter. I'm probably being more paranoid than anything, but both my mom and I have terrible balance, she more than me (hence her need for the scooter). I'm better in the day but at night, even with a nightlight, if I'm not careful and "wall surfing", I've fallen before. I just want to make sure that scooter is out of the way and we aren't tripping over it! Part of the reason we went with the hotel side of the Poly rather than the DVC side is the fact it has a dresser where we can unpack and fully get all our junk put out of the way. So many of the DVC studios seem to not have a dresser and have that pull-down trundle bed. 😁
I agree that the Poly room should be plenty large enough for the ECV.

As for being able to see it at night, perhaps try putting a strand of battery operated lights or one (or more) of those battery operated little nightlight things on the floor around it so you can see it very well.

I guess one positive of staying at a value is the rooms are small so if you fall - you're fairly likely to land on a bed - haha! ;)

Poly will be no problem. I usually have a stroller and two owner's lockers in that little alcove. Even a pretty big scooter would fit there.

You could also fit it in the extra half bath, if it's nimble enough.

It is against Disney policy to store anything in the hallways. It's a violation of like three different rules. Depending size of the hallway, it can block access to the disabled or even double strollers. Don't be that guy.

I've heard of some getting their table in the room removed; so, there is more room to park the scooter.

I strongly suggest getting and bringing a door stop to hold your door while getting in and out of the room with a scooter. You have to find the sweet spot to place it strategically.

As for being able to see it at night, perhaps try putting a strand of battery operated lights or one (or more) of those battery operated little nightlight things on the floor around it so you can see it very well.
That's a great idea! We usually put battery-operated Christmas lights around the basket anyway, to increase visibility after dark in the parks, so leaving them on in the room for the same reason makes a lot of sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter