Best quality food on property?

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
We are eloping on our next trip. We'd like to know where to eat for our late lunch / dinner to celebrate while my mom watches my soon to be stepkids.
Would need to be on property or close enough we can do a quick uber ride. Would prefer on property so we can do free transportation though.
Somthing price range around brown derby. Not too high up there so no victoria and alberts. But not in any parks since we only have day tickets and that is not a park day.
we would like a romantic atmosphere with fewer little kids.
Bonus points if we can use a table service dining credit and it be a good value.

I've heard mixed reviews about Steakhouse 71

Steakhouse 71 is our favourite quality for the price restaurant onsite. We loved California grill for a special anniversary, but it’s not cheap.

Recent went to bull and bear at the Waldorf. I ate so much I ended up throwing up in the middle of the night. I would do it all again right now. I cannot recommend it enough. It’s pricey but I was actually expecting more considering what all we got.

We are eloping on our next trip. We'd like to know where to eat for our late lunch / dinner to celebrate while my mom watches my soon to be stepkids.
Would need to be on property or close enough we can do a quick uber ride. Would prefer on property so we can do free transportation though.
Somthing price range around brown derby. Not too high up there so no victoria and alberts. But not in any parks since we only have day tickets and that is not a park day.
Bonus points if we can use a table service dining credit and it be a good value.

We went to Steakhouse 71 last night. It was loud, crowded and lots of little kids. We waited about 30 minutes after our reservation to be seated. Dinner also took a long time. The steaks were decent but overseasoned.
I would choose Citricos at the Grand Floridian. It is probably similar price wise to Brown Derby and the food is very good. There will still be kids there, but less of them.

If you're looking for quiet and romantic, Steakhouse 71 is definitely not for you. But neither are several other places. In fact, it's the one thing Disney lags at big time.

Your best chance is Citricos although nothing is a guarantee.

Narcoosee's and CA Grill are nice and it's romantic to watch the fireworks but quiet they usually are not.

Jiko. It can be nice and leisurely. There's still kids there but it's not a big popular spot with children or at least it hasn't been when we were there. The braised short rib is delicious.

If you are looking for 1 TS credit restaurants that are a little quieter and have good food, I would try (in this order): Toledo at CSR (beautiful view as well), Sanaa or Ale & Compass (all nicer than Steakhouse 71 IMHO). If you can use 2 credits, I would consider Narcoosees - great food and gorgeous view - or Topolino's.

Another vote for Jiko. Even earlier in the day, it has a very cozy, romantic feel to it. We've never had a bad meal there.

Il Mulino at the Swan or Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge are both great and right in that budget. If you're okay spending a little more, them Flying Fish at Boardwalk and Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge are two of my favorite resort restaurants. Wine Bar George in Disney Springs is also great, and most of the menu is smaller plates, so you can order as much or little as you'd like.

It's a whole different set of restaurants if you're looking for a late lunch.

Many of the restaurants mentioned here open at 5:00.

The 'late lunch/early dinner' not in a park is most likely going to push you towards Disney Springs.

We have always liked Frontera Cucina and it's open all day.

Boathouse and Summer House on the Lake would also be good options.

Since you stated late lunch or dinner, and many of the better resort and park eateries are closed for lunch, I’d opt for one of the many restaurants at Disney Springs. You have so many choices that it’s easy to edit down by your cuisine preferences.

@Robber Baron in total agreement till Frontera Cucina. A huge disappointment compared to other Rick Bayless properties; great drinks and pretty much end of story.

My vote would be either Topolino's or Narcoosie's. Both are lovely with excellent food and service. Also for both you should time it so that you are there during the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter