Best price on spiral Ham??

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
I'm in Southern California. Hubby volunteered us again to take spiral ham. It's so expensive this year.
Prices at grocery stores are $40-$50 and sometimes higher. We get a big ham for 20-30 people stop by at my mil's house.

Btw- in my area we dont have a Kroger or safeways

Costco is the cheapest by me, $1.99/lb. We look forward to getting their ham every year for Easter, it is delicious. Does anyone you know have a membership who wouldn’t mind letting you tag along for a shopping trip?

Walmart under $1.75 a pound here.

Really, ham is pretty inexpensive. Preparing for 20 to 30 people is what's expensive.

Groceries for me over the weekend was $350 with $120 of that for preparing Thanksgiving for 15. Still need a final trip to the grocery this week.

I have no idea what you consider a good price OP. $1.99 lb is the price I'm seeing in the flyers. I usually only get one for Easter but that seems like the price I pay.
Maybe look for a non-spiral ham, those are usually cheaper.

$1.99 a pound at the local chain store here.

We went to a few places and spiral cut ham was 1.99-2.69 but bone was to big on some. I finally convinced dh to go to Aldies. We found spiral ham with small bone both were around 9-10lbs
@$1.69 lb
1st ham was $16.87 -$5.00 off $11.87
2nd was $15.55 -$5.00 off $10.55
Total for 2 hams $22.45

Not sure if all aldis have $5 off each ham or just our. The expiration date is 12/11/2018 use or freeze by that date

I will bake it with pineapple and brown sugar. I hope we like this ham :) I’ve never bought meat from there

We just ate a spiral ham from Aldi tonight for dinner. Never tried them before but it was good. It's boneless and comes with a glaze packet. For a large group you would need more than one because they aren't real big but easy to heat and serve. We had the kind that comes wrapped in gold foil.

Consider the Archer Farms spiral ham when it's on sale for $1.99 a lb from TARGET....it is delis...also the one from Costco is very good at $1.99 a lb...

The Appleton spiral ham from Aldis was pretty good! The slices were thin and easy to cut. Hubby said the ham is better then costco/Sam's. He liked how the cuts were. DD said she also like the slices were perfect because in the past sometimes some pieces were real thick. I guess next year we will be checking out Aldis again :)

I know it’s a little late now but for anyone looking for Christmas GFS (Gordon Food Service) has amazing spiral hams. They only carry them this time of year and before Easter but they are SO good. I haven’t looked yet this year for the price but I think it is usually around $2.49/lb and they typically go on sale for $1.50-$1.79/lb about 1-2 weeks before the holiday (Christmas/Easter). They come with a packet for making glaze and taste just like the honey baked ham store. I’ve been making them for years now and everyone always comments on how good the ham is (and generally ask where I got it).

Btw- in my area we dont have a Kroger or safeways

FYI

Ralphs and Food 4 Less are subsidiaries of Kroger.

Vons and Pavilions are subsidiaries of Safeway. Albertsons acquired Safeway in 2015. In Southern California, Vons and Albertsons have merged their in store product but due to cost, will maintain separate brand identities.

The Appleton spiral ham from Aldis was pretty good! The slices were thin and easy to cut. Hubby said the ham is better then costco/Sam's. He liked how the cuts were. DD said she also like the slices were perfect because in the past sometimes some pieces were real thick. I guess next year we will be checking out Aldis again :)

Now you know why Aldi's has such a cult following! Next up: you need to try their German chocolate specialities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter