Best plan for a Saturday at WDW

obisbondgirl

Mouseketeer
I have two "non-park" days (well two days that aren't full park days) in my upcoming trip (in July), a Thursday and a Saturday. I have plans laid out for both days but not sure which should be Thursday & which should be Saturday?

One day will be a pool day & then thinking heading to AK to have dinner at Satuli Canteen, see Pandora at night, and maybe see Rivers of Light.

The other day will be shopping at the outlet mall (offsite) and dinner at Macaroni Grill (a family tradition each trip aha).

I was initially trying to avoid the parks on a Saturday as I figure they'll be jammed? But also thinking outlet mall will be crazy on a Sat too...

Do you think AK will be super busy on a Sat night? There is no EMH on either day (for now).

I would appreciate hearing your opinions for which plan goes best for which day.

If you don't go to AK on the pool day, will you still have a day at AK during your trip?

My reason for asking is - on Saturday, why not pool day during the day and then head over to the outlet mall after? Going later in the day to the outlet mall may help with the crowd.

If you don't go to AK on the pool day, will you still have a day at AK during your trip?

My reason for asking is - on Saturday, why not pool day during the day and then head over to the outlet mall after? Going later in the day to the outlet mall may help with the crowd.

Yes we are going to AK on the following Monday morning for morning EMH.

I mainly just want to try eating at Satuli and seeing Pandora glow at night. Unfortunately I am unable to ride FOP (use a wheelchair and lack the balance to sit on the seat based on what I've seen of it) and River Journey ride doesn't appeal to me.

I am thinking I will go to AK Saturday night & the outlet on Thursday. I don't think AK will be crazy enough to prevent me having dinner there & taking in the sights. And just guessing a mall would be quieter on a Thursday during the day than Saturday night...

Yes we are going to AK on the following Monday morning for morning EMH.

I mainly just want to try eating at Satuli and seeing Pandora glow at night. Unfortunately I am unable to ride FOP (use a wheelchair and lack the balance to sit on the seat based on what I've seen of it) and River Journey ride doesn't appeal to me.

I am thinking I will go to AK Saturday night & the outlet on Thursday. I don't think AK will be crazy enough to prevent me having dinner there & taking in the sights. And just guessing a mall would be quieter on a Thursday during the day than Saturday night...

Sounds like a good plan!

I would avoid AK on a Saturday if at all possible. Going there on Thursday is a much better idea. The outlet mall will be busy on a Saturday, but I doubt it will be as crowded as AK.

I think both places will be crowded on a Saturday but the outlet mall should empty out around/after dinner. I would probably do AK on Thursday and shopping on Saturday.

Hmm... I will have to see how late the outlet mall is open. I always assume they close around dinner time (at least the ones I go to at home) but perhaps this one is open later...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter