• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best places at WDW to buy interesting, inexpensive gifts?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
We hope to pick up some neat little Christmas presents for friends, co-workers, etc. on our Disney trip in early December. We aren't looking to spend much money - probably about $10 per person. Any ideas on the best stores to check out? Any suggestions for gift ideas? It doesn't necessarily have to have a Disney theme. For example, last year we found wonderful boxes of incense and beautiful incense burners in the store in Japan. We also got some great tea mugs in that store for about $5 each. WDW or Disney character stuff would be fine too, though. We are mostly shopping for adults, but there are a few kids on the list as well.

We would appreciate reccomendations for places to look and specific ideas of what to look for! Thanks!!

There is a wonderful shop in Downtown Disney called "Days of Christmas" with ornaments. Most ornaments can be purchased for around $10. Not all the ornaments have a Disney theme. The "World of Disney" store also has a section devoted to small items that would run less than $10 each - all Disney-related. If you have booked the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package, you will receive a 15% discount on most merchandise sold in EPCOT on that day. I plan to get alot of my Disney-related items at MouseGear when we go that day.

You can also check out the "outlet" stores, called "Character Warehouse". There are 2 @Belz Outlet Mall and 1 @Premier Outlet Mall. I got directions from Deb's site. We went to the ones at Belz last year and got many, many Disney items dirt cheap. I'd check it out. We intend to go there first thing when we get there this coming weekend.

I've found that sale items are not clearly marked in the stores at WDW-so look closely for the red sale tags on items. You will be surprised what you can find. I always pick up extras for birthday and hostess gifts!!

The Florida T-Shirt next to the IHOP on 535 in wonderful. I got 2 cool shirts for $4. It's like a store at the beach but sometimes has cool stuff. Just have to look. It's just off the intersection of I-4 and SR-535.

Josh

There are several gift shops in AK that offer some very different items. One year we bought handcarved wooden animals (giraffes, elephants, etc) that could be hung on a Christmas tree. There are many different small items that would probably fit the bill for you.:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter