best non-ride experiences at Galaxy's Edge

ellindea

<font color=teal>Wore Indie's hat and didn't get b
Hello!
My family and I will be going to the Disneyland parks for the first time since they opened Galaxy's Edge. My mom and I are both in power wheelchairs. Unfortunately, we're too weak to ride Smuggler's Run. I might be able to ride Rise of the Resistance with help transferring, but if it's too extreme with its movements then I won't be able to. (Any insight on this would be great actually.) I usually have my dad ride first and then let me know what he thinks. I figured my mom and I could both at least watch the pre-show, though, which I hear is great. My questions are 1) Will we need lightning lane passes if we're just watching the show and not riding and 2) what are the best non-ride experiences we can enjoy in that land? We were thinking that we'd get the magic bands so that we can do the bounty hunter thing. Have any of you done that before? What eateries have the best theming and experience? Anything else we can enjoy that isn't pricey? Thanks in advance!

If you have a MB + and the Play Disney app, there is a Bounty Hunter game. However, you might not be able to do it while seated in a wheelchair.

There are also several spontaneous character shows and interactions throughout Galaxy's Edge.

My DH has greatly enjoyed the interactive experiences such as QR codes on crates to “collect” items (Play App) and the bounty hunter experience. I enjoy taking a seat/wandering through the land and watching for character appearances. Sometimes residents of Batuu (cast members) will be on walkways with games like Sabacc or demonstrating droids.

Definitely good people watching in Batuu, where "people" includes both guests who are Batuu-bounding or losing their mind getting a head rub from Chewie and the Official Characters wandering through the land. Personally, I enjoyed getting multiple sessions with the BDX "duck" droids and watching people play with their new droids in the designated area.
Make sure you go to the bathrooms and listen to the Batuu radio station playing there.
My 9yr with a MB and my 16yr with a phone enjoyed teaming up (you need both devices) to play the Bounty Hunter game, but I don't know if there could be mobility issues.
I would search YouTube etc for videos showing or describing how others with wheelchairs, scooters, etc navigate Smuggler's and Rise. If there is any way to do them, they are worth the effort.

You should actually be fine to ride MF:SR. If you can transfer out of your wheelchair, they do have two GWD cabins.

I don't think I'd recommend the bounty hunter game in a scooter, as it involves a LOT of back and forth all over the land which even got annoying being fully ambulatory.

If you're up for the cost of building a lightsaber, that experience is one of the best things in the entire land. Going and experiencing Oga's Cantina is also a fun and unique thing to do.

Galaxy's Edge is so immersive my family just loves being there. Walking around, looking at the shops and seeing characters. We always like to get a blue milk at the milk stand.

Oga's is pretty popular and worth a visit.

We've seen alot of great characters. Last time R2D2 was all excited because he saw himself on my husband's shirt :)

It's hard to say about Rise. I have a bad back and can't ride roller coasters but I'm fine on Rise because the movements aren't jerky. But probably your best way to know if it's ok is to get your dad's opinion.

The bathrooms are really neat!

I love the bazaar area especially at night, it looks so pretty and is really atmospheric. The only problem is the shops are really tiny and almost impossible to access in an ECV. I use one when at DL as my dodgy knees and hips can't take a full day of standing in lines and walking but what I usually do is park my ECV somewhere safe and wander through the bazaar. I know this isn't an option for you but do check the area out as it is worth it to see all the details the imagineers have created to make it such an immersive area.

Docking Bay 7 is reasonably priced (normal Disney prices) food and a pretty fun atmosphere. Building your own droid is less expensive than the light saber and still fun. There is a lot of atmosphere all around as others have said. You might be surprised that Smuggler’s Run and RoTR can be more accessible rides.

GE at night is awesome; try to stay for the fireworks there too and afterwards. MF hits differently at night while watching people there and in/out of the cantina :D

I am not a SW person so don't know the name of this ship.

We watched fireworks from this viewing area Friday night. It was not crowded and it was an easy exit. We were able to leave after fireworks and make it to the Pirates of the Caribbean bridge for the 2nd Fantasmic show.

1719165705424.png

I am not a SW person so don't know the name of this ship.

We watched fireworks from this viewing area Friday night. It was not crowded and it was an easy exit. We were able to leave after fireworks and make it to the Pirates of the Caribbean bridge for the 2nd Fantasmic show.

View attachment 870375
That's Kylo Ren's TIE fighter. He makes appearances there occasionally. You had the SW fireworks music in that area, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter