Best Non- Park Activities for 7 Year Old Boy

SothrnChic

Mouseketeer
Our family will be down again at the end of May. We will all be touring the parks at the beginning of the week, but at the end of the week, my husband will be attending a conference. My son and I will have four non-park days to spend in Orlando. What are some good activities in the area that he and I could do together? They don't all have to be Disney related... we are already going to do one day at Universal Islands of Adventure. Help me please!!

It depends will you have a car? If so then I’d suggest The beach, sea world, Kennedy space center. There is also LEGO land, and depending on where you are staying a nice resort day by the pool would be fun as well.

If you are staying at a hotel with a pool and amenities, I would suggest a resort day. My 6 year old loves just hanging around the pool for most of the day. Some resorts also have beaches, play structures, etc. My daughter also liked the Disney Miniature Golf, Disney Water Parks, Crayola Experience, Legoland, Universal Studios, and Kennedy Space Center. I am personally not a fan of Legoland, but a kid that age would probably like it. You can also spend a day in Disney Springs. They have a few small rides there, a hot air balloon, many stores and restaurants.

We will have a car. We live at the beach in Maryland so that will probably not be much of a draw to him.... but the others would be great!

The Void at DS is a star wars or wreck it ralph immersive video game experience, there are two mini golf courses; rent the water sprites at one of the resorts.

An afternoon early evening at Animal Kingdom Lodge is great fun, you can not use the pool of course but they have a kids activity "trail" earning beads for each completed section, lots of animal viewing, storytelling by the firepit at sunset, and night viewing of the animals with night vision goggles.

You could do a character meal at one of the resorts or head to the boardwalk for carnival games, an ice cream at Ample Hills (best ever!) and then catch illuminations from the bridge. Monorail ride with a stop at each resort for a snack and maybe a trip to the arcade.

Ft wilderness campground has several activities and an evening singalong campfire - the camping forum here will have more details.

Don't forget that adding extra days to a 4/5 day ticket becomes very affordable, if you think the two of you may want to hit the parks again just upgrade prior to the end of your last day to get the discount.

Have Fun!

The Void at DS is a star wars or wreck it ralph immersive video game experience, there are two mini golf courses; rent the water sprites at one of the resorts.

An afternoon early evening at Animal Kingdom Lodge is great fun, you can not use the pool of course but they have a kids activity "trail" earning beads for each completed section, lots of animal viewing, storytelling by the firepit at sunset, and night viewing of the animals with night vision goggles.

You could do a character meal at one of the resorts or head to the boardwalk for carnival games, an ice cream at Ample Hills (best ever!) and then catch illuminations from the bridge. Monorail ride with a stop at each resort for a snack and maybe a trip to the arcade.

Ft wilderness campground has several activities and an evening singalong campfire - the camping forum here will have more details.

Don't forget that adding extra days to a 4/5 day ticket becomes very affordable, if you think the two of you may want to hit the parks again just upgrade prior to the end of your last day to get the discount.

Have Fun!

This was awesome!! Thanks for all of the great suggestions! He would definitely love The Void... I had forgotten that was even there.

My son loved Gatorland when he was younger. I was not a fan, but he still remembers that gift shop!

This was awesome!! Thanks for all of the great suggestions! He would definitely love The Void... I had forgotten that was even there.

Glad I helped - just remembered Splits ville - if you don't bowl often at home you can bowl and dine, also T Rex, my kids are older but they love that restaurant!

Another vote for Gatorland. It may be a little cheesy but our girls loved the zipline and prices are really good. My youngest nephews loved the canoe ride at FW. They keep begging to do it again on their next trip down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter