Best nights for MVMCP???

SnoWhiteRabbit

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Just trying to do some advanced planning....Last year MVCMCP's were on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Tuesday nights. I'm wondering which nights are likely to be less crowded. I'm guessing Friday nights would be most crowded, but what about Thurs, Sun or Tues. Are they about equally crowded? Is there a better night of the week to go? We're going 12.1 - 12.15 and want to pick a night for MVMCP.

Thanks!

I remember reading somewhere that Sunday and Tuesday nights are the least crowded. I've been to MVMCP the last two years. Last year we went on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and it was much more crowded than the year before which was the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Probably because not everyone had left yet from the holiday on Sunday, but they were gone by Tuesday. Now Sunday had more people, but still it wasn't really crowded. Minimal waits. I did have a friend that went the Friday following Thanksgiving (just not a planner and didn't think it through) and she said it was miserable. Hope this helps!

:)

I was just going to post something like this! Thanks for the info!

I may be able to make a trip in December, and definitely want to go to MVMCP if I'm there!

We've been to MVMCP on a Tuesday night the last 3 years. It's been great for us. Definitely not over crowded. We pick this night because of the crowds and because we usually check in on a Saturday and leave on a Saturday. Tuesday is kind of in the middle of our trip, and we don't mind taking the day after it to recover (we're usually out pretty late that night!). Basically it gives us a non park day in the middle of our trip to relax and enjoy our resort!:D

:D DW and I went last 12/14 on a Sunday and we felt like we had MK to ourselves. Rode everything without waits, front row for the parades.

From what I read and learned by asking this same question last year is that Friday is the most crowded due to the locals attending.

We are planning another Sunday MVMCP for out trip this Dec.:D

We did this for the first time in December and did the MVMCP on a Sunday night--it was so much fun! The park was really empty--it was like we had it to ourselves. This was in the beginning of December--it was great--we're going to do this again :)

We were there last December on a Thursday and I thought there were alot of people there, we had to wait for alot of things and we had to stay for the second parade because they lined up so early there was no where to stand to see it...I think I'm going to try a Sunday this year...:wave2:

We've gone Tuesday the past 2 years and Sunday other years, early in the month, it hasn't been real crowded. The closer you get to Christmas, the more crowded they get. The last Friday usually sells out first. I've heard Thursdays can be crowded too, I'd go with Sunday or Tuesday.

Couple of tips:

1. The last 3 years, you could enter at 4:00pm with just your MVMCP ticket and get your wristband. Regular park closing is 6:00pm, so you can get a jump on the party. Between 6:00 & 7:00 they ask people with wristbands to go to Tomorrowland, where the rides are still operating (they check for wristbands). Get your picture taken at Small World, it's empty at the start of the party (7:00pm).

2. See the second parade. It's less crowded plus you can ride during the first parade when the rides are less crowded or see shows. We've been able to get spots in Town Square for the second parade last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter