• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best monorail resort restaurant for an early dinner?

acamusic

Mouseketeer
Just my wife and I, no kids on our upcoming June anniversary trip. I think we will escape the heat and spend a few hours in a resort restaurant on our Magic Kingdom day and then head back into the park for the last hour+. I've been to Kona and 'Ohana. What are your other reccs?

We had a late lunch as our main meal of the day at The Wave in March. We would not hesitate to do it again. After lunch we went back to our room at SSR for a couple hours as well and returned to MK for the last 3 hours of the day.

The Wave! We ate there once with extended family. We had some great food and service. We didn't feel rushed and the atmosphere lended to a nice noise level for conversation for everyone at the table. Highly recommend!

Grand Floridian Cafe is the place to go. Great food, expansive menu, fabulous service, and a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere. Plus, to extend your restful time, you can hang out in the lobby of the Grand, or have a drink at the Enchanted Rose.

You won't regret it.

Steve

Just my wife and I, no kids on our upcoming June anniversary trip. I think we will escape the heat and spend a few hours in a resort restaurant on our Magic Kingdom day and then head back into the park for the last hour+. I've been to Kona and 'Ohana. What are your other reccs?
The Wave or the Grand Floridian Café are both excellent options.

Food at The Wave is excellent! The menu has a diverse variety of options to select. The service is wonderful. If you have never eaten at The Wave, you must try it!

Grand Floridian Café food is wonderful. The restaurant is light and bright with all of the windows. Excellent service and food options.

Grand Floridian Cafe is the place to go. Great food, expansive menu, fabulous service, and a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere. Plus, to extend your restful time, you can hang out in the lobby of the Grand, or have a drink at the Enchanted Rose.

You won't regret it.

Steve
While The Grand Floridian Cafe is very good the menu is very reduced now due to Covid. Not extensive at all.

Definitely California Grill if you want something on the fancier side or Geyser point if you are looking more casual. Geyser Point is just a quick boat ride vs. the monorail but they have a great location right on the water so its a nice place to relax.

We love the food at both The Wave (chocolate flight is the best dessert currently on property, IMHO) and Grand Floridian Cafe - it has a great non-alcoholic slushie (raspberry colada), but also the slowest service we've experienced at WDW (4 visits in the last 2 years, and always positively glacial, even for breakfast when the place is nearly empty).

I would agree with many of the other posters. Definitely the Wave. If however you are willing to spend a little more then California Grill. The best Monorail restaurant.

I assume your 60-day reservation window hasn't opened yet? If your window has already opened and you don't have a reservation, the Wave might be 'gettable' - but California Grill could be tough.

Thanks everyone, I was able to book the California Grill for 6:30. Looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter