Best hospital or urgent care near Disneyland? (For future reference)

Ha! I had the same thing happen a few years back and ended up at some ER that was quite scary. One person was brought in by police officers. Definitely watching this one thread.

Last summer I had a medical issue and ended up at a dreadful hospital in Anaheim.

I'm fine now, but I thought it would be good to know for next time in case anyone in my party has an issue.

Planning on a happy, healthy trip, though :)
While I don't have a suggestion, I'm curious what hospital you ended up in? (So we can avoid it if ever in that predicament!)

Here's hoping to healthy, happy trips for us all! :wizard:

Ha! I had the same thing happen a few years back and ended up at some ER that was quite scary. One person was brought in by police officers. Definitely watching this one thread.
That happened when I was there, too! It was like an episode of ER, complete with swearing, screaming and police officers standing guard over someone's bed. It wasn't much better once I was admitted. I even asked if I could leave and go to another hospital, but it would have taken up even more of our trip time and lots of paperwork.

While I don't have a suggestion, I'm curious what hospital you ended up in? (So we can avoid it if ever in that predicament!)

Here's hoping to healthy, happy trips for us all! :wizard:
It was called Anaheim Global Medical Center. It was horrendous. When we pulled up I asked my DH if he was sure it was a real ER, the entrance was in a sort of alleyway.

I wish we'd looked into medical centers before we drove over, or turned around once we saw the entrance. We picked that one just because it was close.

The facility was old and gross, the doctors inconsistent and not very helpful, but...the nursing staff was very good and made a horrible experience somewhat tolerable.

In the ER they told me they get tons of Disneyland guests there. Another woman who came in at the same time as me was still wearing her Mickey ears.

It was called Anaheim Global Medical Center. It was horrendous. When we pulled up I asked my DH if he was sure it was a real ER, the entrance was in a sort of alleyway.

I wish we'd looked into medical centers before we drove over, or turned around once we saw the entrance. We picked that one just because it was close.

The facility was old and gross, the doctors inconsistent and not very helpful, but...the nursing staff was very good and made a horrible experience somewhat tolerable.

In the ER they told me they get tons of Disneyland guests there. Another woman who came in at the same time as me was still wearing her Mickey ears.
Here's a map with both locations circled.
2024.JPG

OMG, THAT’S THE ONE!

We ended up here after making a visit to the beach and I slipped while exiting a van used to shuttle people from the parking and sliced my leg pretty badly. What a horrible place that ER was. Stay away.

OMG, THAT’S THE ONE!

We ended up here after making a visit to the beach and I slipped while exiting a van used to shuttle people from the parking and sliced my leg pretty badly. What a horrible place that ER was. Stay away.
Oh no! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, place too. It would be terrible at any time, but especially when you're supposed to be at Disneyland.

I guess I did learn a lesson to always look into medical facilities before I go on vacation now.

I wonder if it would make sense to consult Disney first, especially if staying onsite or in the parks at the time. I know at WDW, they will get you doctors or even transport you to a hospital. Well, at least they did when it was Reedy Creek; I don't know if that change has made a difference. So sorry people had to go through that. Stay healthy and safe.

Best hospitals within a short driving distance of DLR.

St. Joseph’s in Orange, St. Jude in Fullerton and Hoag Newport Beach. UCI Anaheim would not be at the top of my list.
It depends on what the problem is. My BIL got very sick at DLR and received very good treatment at the UCI ER for what turned out to be a bad sinus infection. He was seen quickly, and UCI accepted his insurance. For something more serious, another hospital might be a better option.

Thanks for this thread…something that hadn’t even entered my mind but now is included in my Disneyland file! Especially for an older person traveling alone.

I know at WDW, they will get you doctors or even transport you to a hospital
I've always wondered about this. A few years ago, my SIL tripped on the main street tracks while carrying her grandson. Unfortunately, he fell and cut his forehead badly enough to require stitches. According to her account, the CM's only concern was washing the blood off the street, and she was left on her own to get her grandson back to the tram.

Also according to her account, when they arrived at a nearby urgent care, the staff there was amazed that she had not been accompanied by a Disney employee, and they told her it was typical for Disney to transport people who had been injured on property. The experience has made her swear off traveling to Disney parks, and she is disgusted that I continue to give them my business.

In full disclosure, my SIL struggles to tell the truth about anything;) so I'm curious to hear other's experiences.

Thanks for this thread…something that hadn’t even entered my mind but now is included in my Disneyland file! Especially for an older person traveling alone.
I travel solo and wanted an ID that was not on my wrist or around my neck.
If I were to go down due to a medical issue or accident I wanted a quick ID for the responder to see. I decided on a shoe tag.
There are many options online but I chose RoadID.com here is a pic from their website. I attach it to the lower two strings of my shoe laces so it doesn't interfere with lacing up.
1711480668343.png

This is a great topic, and something I worry about too! I'm a bit accident-prone, and just the other weekend I ended up at my local urgent care after a finger injury in the kitchen wouldn't stop bleeding (they ended up using a tourniquet, medical glue and a finger stint). I like to know about the local top tier medical sites for either urgent care or ER. My mind goes to UCI since I work at a UC campus and have UC health insurance, but it's always good to know about other sites nearby, especially if they're quiet locations with short waits and good medical staff. Do any locals have top tips?

Speaking of healthcare around the parks...I thought I once heard that there's a nurse on call at The Grand Californian. Is this true?

Well when my husband had a medical emergency *in* the park there was a DL employed nurse tending to him and multiple security surrounding him. I asked and they always have nursing staff on duty: I would assume it would be around park hours.

They were all extremely professional and clearly a well oiled machine. Leaving back stage with him on a stretcher and then via ambulance was something else...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter