Best grocery delivery options

GoDisney18

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
Planning our first ever trip for the fall and want to know about grocery delivery options to our resort (CBR). We will have the dining plan but I'd like to have some quick breakfast things and snack options in our room to supplement it. I have read about Garden Grocer and most seem to have a good experience however the prices seem so high especially when tacking on our horrible exchange rate. I saw on the Walmart.com site that they will ship your first grocery order for free. Has anyone tried this? Would love some advice before that 60 day window with Garden Grocer runs out. :) Thanks!

I wish i had more advice for you, but we’ve only ever used Garden grocer. I’ve definitely noticed their prices have gone way up! The main reason to order with them is if you’re buying alcohol they will leave it with Bell services. I’ve heard with other delivery services you need to meet them when you’re order arrives.

We used Instacart in May and had a very good experience. I was also considering Orlando Grocery Express but found their prices to be high as well.

We've also only used Garden Grocer (multiple times) on multiple trips but have always been very happy with the service each time. We don't stay in Villas so we tend to focus on drinks, snacks, breakfasts, etc.... so we find the cost/selection very fair (maybe we would look at other options if we were making dinners in the room.)

Do you have Amazon Prime? We used Prime Now last week which is their grocery delivery service. It’s free for prime members and delivery itself is free at $35. They do encourage a tip of $5 and will deliver your things within a two hour window, which you can select upon placing your order. If they arrive while you are out (ours did), front desk with refrigerate/store for you until you come to claim them. It worked out great!

Do you have Amazon Prime? We used Prime Now last week which is their grocery delivery service. It’s free for prime members and delivery itself is free at $35. They do encourage a tip of $5 and will deliver your things within a two hour window, which you can select upon placing your order. If they arrive while you are out (ours did), front desk with refrigerate/store for you until you come to claim them. It worked out great!

I'm curious about using Amazon Prime. Part of the thing with ordering from sites like Grocery Express, Garden grocer, etc is that you can set up a delivery time.

I have a Canadian amazon PRIME account, can you still make use of PRIME NOW? I can't seem to find any reference to it on the Canadian site. Do we just order it within two-three days that we want the items? or would we order in advance and have it shipped to the resort at a specific date?

I'm curious about using Amazon Prime. Part of the thing with ordering from sites like Grocery Express, Garden grocer, etc is that you can set up a delivery time.

I have a Canadian amazon PRIME account, can you still make use of PRIME NOW? I can't seem to find any reference to it on the Canadian site. Do we just order it within two-three days that we want the items? or would we order in advance and have it shipped to the resort at a specific date?
I am not sure if it works differently for Canada Amazon Prime Members but Prime Now is different from the usual prime Pantry non-perishable shipment method. Download the Prime Now app and it should help you learn whether you will be able to use it while in Orlando (I wager you can). With Prime Now you can order deli/dairy/fruit/veg items along with cereals and whatnot and you can also order things like headphones, air mattresses and other things you might find at Target/Walmart type stores. You DO get to select a delivery window and it is usually a 2 hour window of time so from 12-2, 2-4 etc., so if you know you plan to break at a certain point you could schedule it to arrive during break (we did this, worked great!). It really was so easy and convenient. I so hope it will work for you to use! Best of luck!

I looked into it. While Prime Now is available in Orlando...I believe you require a US Amazon acct with the additional Amazon Prime (US), in order to use it. Oh well. Guess we'll be using the other online grocery services....not that I mind. They were still fantastic and buying groceries helped curb down the food expenditures. :)

I tried to use the Walmart one in the past but it wouldn't accept a Canadian credit card...not sure if it's been changed recently though?

I looked into it. While Prime Now is available in Orlando...I believe you require a US Amazon acct with the additional Amazon Prime (US), in order to use it. Oh well. Guess we'll be using the other online grocery services....not that I mind. They were still fantastic and buying groceries helped curb down the food expenditures. :)

It costs 12.99 per month and they say you can cancel at any time.... so theoretically you could join for the month then cancel (They will let you buy Amazon Prime for US if you are canadian but really the benefits for keeping it are only really there is you have either a US shipping address or visit the US a lot.) Just remember to cancel before the trial period ends.

Added benefit would be using the Video and music features while you're still a member.

You have to have a USA Amazon Prime account to use USA Amazon Prime Now. Your Canadian Amazon Prime account won't work. Separate accounts.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter