• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best for fireworks

Deedee

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been covered before but can anyone tell me the best digital cameras to use for taking photos of wishes illumination, spectro etc. We have a nikon coolpix 3100 which is great during daylight but not very good in the dark. We have tried all the settings out but none are very good. I have even thought about not buying one until we come over to Florida any suggestions

Deedee said:
Sorry if this has been covered before but can anyone tell me the best digital cameras to use for taking photos of wishes illumination, spectro etc.

I was just going to post the same question. I have a small HP R707 that takes great pics during the day, and I love the small size so I can carry it everywhere.

I have been considering buying another digital for nightime and or for more zoom type situations.

I suspect you can take wonderful fireworks pictures with your cameras. Are you using a tripod? If not, get one, learn to use your manual setting, experiment a bit, and take a ton of pictures during the show. I bet you get a number of great shots this way.

I have an Olympus and I did some experimenting with this trip. I found that my slow flash setting worked the best. No flash got too much blur that I couldn't correct. But I had to remember that I couldn't necessarily get the first spurt of fireworks if I wasn't watching.

When I was at Disney last year I used my tiny three inch tall tripod and held it very still against a railing, that way I didn't have to lug a huge tripod around with me, I didn't use the flash because it dulls the firework lights. I just set my camera to stay open for about 3 sec and used the self timer so I wouldn't get the jiggle. I got a lot of great shots with my hp camera.

I absolutely concur about the mini-tripods. If you can manage that and a timed shutter (so you don't shake it at all), then even better. And remember to go for a multi-second exposure, and close your shutter as much as you can (say to f8.0 or so), or you'll just end up with lots of pictures of smoke.

I have a lot more fireworks tips, on my Disney site on my Disney Desktop's site @ rocket9 (see site address in my profile, as I just got a message that I haven't posted enough messages to post URL's here yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter