Best Disneyland Restaurants for value - wwyd?

FYI: @DizMe @joseph821 @Pluto468

Maurice's menu has changed. No more bagel twists or churro gears or donut holes.

The Cheddar Garlic bagel twist has moved to Edelweiss Snacks.

Maurice's now features danishes and croissants, both savory and sweet.

Donut holes can now be found at Daisy's in Toontown.
I just saw the menu. Looks interesting!
Where can I get donuts then?! Jolly Holiday?

I just saw the menu. Looks interesting!
Where can I get donuts then?! Jolly Holiday?

Actual Donuts? Craftsman Grill at GCH.

Donut holes: Daisy's in Toontown

There are no other places that have Donuts currently. They show up sporadically at Jolly Holiday, but are not currently featured.

Actual Donuts? Craftsman Grill at GCH.

Donut holes: Daisy's in Toontown

There are no other places that have Donuts currently. They show up sporadically at Jolly Holiday, but are not currently featured.
Thanks. I am staying at GCH...so I'll will go there for donuts!!! Thanks for the Earl of Sandwich tip as well!

I'd drop 1 or 2, maybe 4 - I prefer the WOC Dessert package because at least when I did it, we were sitting comfortably at a table the whole time eating while watching the show, which was fantastic. Way different than the MK dessert party where we'd eat our desserts then be ushered out to the lawn to sit on the ground. They had some savory stuff although this was pre-pandemic. I have had some great meals at Storyteller's though so you really can't go wrong.

Maurice's menu has changed. No more bagel twists or churro gears or donut holes.

Thanks for the heads up. I stumbled on the bagel twist one night when we were trying to get hot chocolate and it was sold out. Ever since then it has been one of my hidden favorites.

Thanks for the heads up on that, DLgal! I'm sorry to hear the bagel twist has moved, but at least it's still around. I'll have to check out the new treats at Maurice's, too.

We are here now with 4 teens and 2 adults. We always forget how huge the portions are at all of the TS restaurants. You can save so much by sharing things at TS. We ate at Blue Bayou (a fave for us) and for the 6 of us, we ordered 2 apps to share, 3 Monte Cristos and one pasta. So only 4 entrees for 6 ppl, and we still had some food left over. And we were too stuffed for the desserts we planned on ordering! So we could have dropped one Monte Cristo.

We also LOVE Lamplight brunch. We could have again ordered 3-4 entrees and had plenty of food. Several of us had chilaquiles and we should have just ordered one and then extra sides of eggs. Would have been plenty.

CS is definitely less than TS, but it is still pricey and the portions are not nearly as big as TS. So if you have similar food tastes and don’t mind sharing, it can really cut the cost down.

We had Earl of Sandwich for lunch today, and the sandwiches are a generous size that could be shared. You can add a side of M&C or tots to share, so that 1/2 a sandwich is enough for a person (sharing a whole sandwich between 2 people). They have drink refills on soft drinks also.

We are here now with 4 teens and 2 adults. We always forget how huge the portions are at all of the TS restaurants. You can save so much by sharing things at TS. We ate at Blue Bayou (a fave for us) and for the 6 of us, we ordered 2 apps to share, 3 Monte Cristos and one pasta. So only 4 entrees for 6 ppl, and we still had some food left over. And we were too stuffed for the desserts we planned on ordering! So we could have dropped one Monte Cristo.

We also LOVE Lamplight brunch. We could have again ordered 3-4 entrees and had plenty of food. Several of us had chilaquiles and we should have just ordered one and then extra sides of eggs. Would have been plenty.

CS is definitely less than TS, but it is still pricey and the portions are not nearly as big as TS. So if you have similar food tastes and don’t mind sharing, it can really cut the cost down.

We had Earl of Sandwich for lunch today, and the sandwiches are a generous size that could be shared. You can add a side of M&C or tots to share, so that 1/2 a sandwich is enough for a person (sharing a whole sandwich between 2 people). They have drink refills on soft drinks also.
Yes!! I nearly always share. It's such a cost saver and it's still plenty of food! I've never done the LL brunch. I'll have to try it.

I know you mentioned you may not be able to stay up for the second showing of WOC, but if you can, I would highly recommend that. The second show is very easy to see without a dining package or dessert party.

Keeping in mind this is likely your one and only trip to DLR….I’d keep Blue Bayou for sure. The atmosphere is amazing, and it’s a special occasion. I’d also keep Lamplight lounge. Plaza inn I’d drop unless you’re doing the character breakfast. We like the character dining for meeting characters, cause then we’re not hunting them down or waiting in lines in the park.

We did the princess breakfast at Napa Rose and the food was amazingly good. Goofys is great for characters and kids food, but if they’ve outgrown it, drop it. We like the world of color packages cause we have small children and don’t have to worry about them not being able to see, plus we’re not risking not having a spot as we can’t stay for the later show (early bedtimes).

Besides the others, No one has mentioned Flos V8, good food there too! Corn dog castle, wine country trattoria has several good dishes (and some that are just ok).

You didn’t mention when you were going, but if it overlaps with one of the DCA food festivals, you’ll find lots of good food options there. Generally we find the food better in DCA than DL.

Awesome! Great suggestions, thanks!

The only thing that was keeping me from the dessert party is that we don't ever really eat dessert, lol.
Something I'd like to point out about the WOC dining package (on your list) vs. the dessert party as I've done both.

The WOC dining package still requires you to arrive early to stake out a spot, and it's standing during the show. If you have kids, there is still a chance their view will be obstructed, plus you're on your feet at the end of a long day. I find it to be a poor value.

The dessert party you are seated at a table, with drink service (alcohol for adults) and the dessert plate, which includes cheese, crackers and fruit in addition to the desserts. The kids (under 9) get glow cups. It's a very relaxing experience and you are blessedly off your feet after a long day. The plates are huge and they bring boxes so you can take it back to your hotel for later or the next day. Yes, it's overpriced. Yes, the desserts are only so so. But the value for having that table, being off your feet, not having to fight crowds or worry about holding up your kids so they can see ... it's priceless.

Something I'd like to point out about the WOC dining package (on your list) vs. the dessert party as I've done both.

The WOC dining package still requires you to arrive early to stake out a spot, and it's standing during the show. If you have kids, there is still a chance their view will be obstructed, plus you're on your feet at the end of a long day. I find it to be a poor value.

The dessert party you are seated at a table, with drink service (alcohol for adults) and the dessert plate, which includes cheese, crackers and fruit in addition to the desserts. The kids (under 9) get glow cups. It's a very relaxing experience and you are blessedly off your feet after a long day. The plates are huge and they bring boxes so you can take it back to your hotel for later or the next day. Yes, it's overpriced. Yes, the desserts are only so so. But the value for having that table, being off your feet, not having to fight crowds or worry about holding up your kids so they can see ... it's priceless.
That’s exactly why we do the desert party! We also will mobile order dinner, and bring it back to the table and make a dinner/desert out of it.

That’s exactly why we do the desert party! We also will mobile order dinner, and bring it back to the table and make a dinner/desert out of it.
That's a late dinner.

The tables are relatively small. There were four at our table and we barely had room for our dessert plates and drinks. I can't imaging trying to eat dinner at the table as well.

I guess if you eat dinner early, but we do it for the early show, which is not that late. We had four at the table as well and we managed just fine with food from smokejumpers and Flos.

I'd knock off Blue Bayou (just ride Pirates for the atmosphere). BB is a colossal value ripoff.

I'd also drop Goofy's.

I'd switch Storytellers to Brunch. Better food than dinner. You don't need a package for World of Color. I love the character brunch here. It's a great way to meet the 4 best Characters (IMO) without having to stand in lines outside.

What is the Plaza Inn reservation? I'd drop that also and just eat there with their regular menu. The "special menu" food isn't great there. The basic fried chicken platter is the winner, and you don't get that during the special menus.

Keep Lamplight Lounge.

My recommendation is to stick with mostly counter service at Disneyland Resort. It's SO good. Much of it is TS level food (compared to WDW).
Thanks!

Our Plaza Inn reservation is for the character breakfast with Minnie.

I'm just going to agree with almost everything DLgal said EXCEPT about Blue Bayou It's my very favorite restaurant in DLR, and I love the atmosphere. Be sure to ask for a waterside table when you check in and be willing to wait for it. They'll almost always tell you it could be an hour but I've never had to wait very long.
This is the one I'm most hesitant to drop as well, since it's my daughter's birthday (She didn't specifically request it, but I think it would be nice and I already have the reservation made as well as a cake).

I'm hoping that since it's her birthday they won't turn us down for a waterside table request, lol.

We are at DCA often when the first WOC show starts and I haven't seen the viewing areas "full" in months.
Ok, you mean the virtual queue viewing areas? I've been wondering about that and how difficult it might be to see.

We really want to see world of colour with a decent view. I don't need a centered, perfect view at all. Just see most of the projections (ok with a little blocked, just as long as I'm not guessing what's going on).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter