• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Dining Experiences

Le Cellier! I know this eatery does not get a lot of love, but we have had nothing but great experiences at this place.

You know what, back in 2010 when we first were researching dining options before our first trip, Le Cellier was ALL THE RAVE. It sure has fallen in popularity lately, at least here on the boards. Used to read about it all the time, now not so much. Not sure why. We've never tried it.

Dan

Jiko. I resisted booking it for years because of the price and because I was bummed it didn't offer a view like Sanaa does. I still think Disney missed the mark on that choice. That being said, the food, wine, and service at Jiko were some of the best I've experienced anywhere. We didn't request or get anything special, but the meal was magical. We have been back twice and each time has been as wonderful. It's definitely the best restaurant on property in my view!

Jiko. I resisted booking it for years because of the price and because I was bummed it didn't offer a view like Sanaa does. I still think Disney missed the mark on that choice. That being said, the food, wine, and service at Jiko were some of the best I've experienced anywhere. We didn't request or get anything special, but the meal was magical. We have been back twice and each time has been as wonderful. It's definitely the best restaurant on property in my view!
I’m really glad to hear that! We’re staying at AKL and Jiko will be the first dinner of the trip!

It's just so good. If you're adventurous, ask for the chef to send out his best dishes of the night. If you want a little more control, ask the server to recommend his/her favorites - truly, we have never had a bad dish so I don't think you will go wrong. Definitely ask for help with the South African wines - they have many fantastic choices.

It's just so good. If you're adventurous, ask for the chef to send out his best dishes of the night. If you want a little more control, ask the server to recommend his/her favorites - truly, we have never had a bad dish so I don't think you will go wrong. Definitely ask for help with the South African wines - they have many fantastic choices.
I wish I liked wine! For some reason I just can’t drink it :headache: I will definitely try asking the chef!

Le Cellier! I know this eatery does not get a lot of love, but we have had nothing but great experiences at this place.
Wonderful CM's, steak done perfectly and a lovely experience.

We had just come from a really bad experience at Yatchtsman. I think we were there on a bad day; the service was terrible, our steaks were improperly cooked. As a high end steakhouse at WDW I expected more. We have great steak in Iowa, so I have expectations for a "steakhouse". They specialize in steak, they should know how to cook a medium rare steak and a medium well steak.

The Le Cellier was an amazing experience after the awful one at Yatchtsman. We book Le Cellier every year now and have never been disappointed. Steaks done to perfection, exactly the way we asked for them to be cooked.

We love dinner at Le Cellier! Last trip was our second time there and they brought us a card thanking us for returning.

I have family members with food allergies so we eat almost every meal TS and every place we have been to everyone has just been so wonderful. Some of the chefs have come back to the table to make sure the meal was ok and ask if they needed anything else.

I had a solo business trip last summer. I chose to eat at Artist Point for the 1st time in 3-4 years. My server saw i was eating alone, and chose to increase the interactions with me. Explaining what was changed in 3-4 years. he gave me a glass of champagne to welcome me back.

The level of service was just over the top good. Not intrusive, but i felt like I was dining with my server. he kept me company, in a good way. When it came down to desert, I just wanted a plain raspberry sorbet. It used to be on the menu, but was not this time. He winked and said "i know where there is a case of that stuff" and brought me back 3 scoops.

One of my all time best dinners at WDW. I am going back next week under the same circumstances. Hope to have the same experience.

I had a solo business trip last summer. I chose to eat at Artist Point for the 1st time in 3-4 years. My server saw i was eating alone, and chose to increase the interactions with me. Explaining what was changed in 3-4 years. he gave me a glass of champagne to welcome me back.

The level of service was just over the top good. Not intrusive, but i felt like I was dining with my server. he kept me company, in a good way. When it came down to desert, I just wanted a plain raspberry sorbet. It used to be on the menu, but was not this time. He winked and said "i know where there is a case of that stuff" and brought me back 3 scoops.

One of my all time best dinners at WDW. I am going back next week under the same circumstances. Hope to have the same experience.
That’s amazing! We are also going there next trip so hopefully we can get him lol

California Grill. It was a big splurge for a us that we had really been looking forward to, and we had a 1-year-old who normally loved eating out but sometime between sitting down at the table and when the food arrived he suddenly was NOT HAPPY and started crying his eyes out inconsolably. I carried him out the balcony and we could see the castle shining (with Christmas party Elsa lights), and he was instantly was soothed and filled with wonder, and peacefully fell asleep. We went the rest of the meal taking turns eating while holding the little snoozer who slept like a lamb the whole time. Seemed like it was going to be a disaster, but ended up kind of great.

I got to go with my parents and grandparents to 50's Prime time about a year ago, and it was really great seeing my grandparents react to everything since they had grown up in the fifties themselves. We had an amazing waiter, and I really wish I remembered his name. He was really funny and the food was amazing. I got the lemonade with the wildberry foam and I LOVED it.

My son says Ragland Road this past January. The food, Kevin's Heavenly Ham and Sod the Stew, was excellent the entertainment was great and fun was had by all. Great service as well. We also had a great dinner at O'hana a few years back. We were a party of 14 so we had a whole long table in the middle of the "entertainment" area. The kids were delighted with the games and when we left they were covered from head to toe in leis. But my all time favorite Disney dining experience has nothing to do with a particular meal. About 12 or 13 years ago we went with a very large group of family and friends. We stayed at Pop Century. My room was the only one that purchased the dining plan. At the time you got an appetizer, entree, dessert with a table service meal and dessert with cs plus 2 snacks per day. And the portions were huge. Needless to say at the end of each day we had a bag full of leftovers. Desserts we could not eat. Partially eaten entrees from trying to save room for dessert. Every night I would give the bag to my sister for anyone that wanted to try any of it. Every night about 2am her grandson who was 3 at the time would get out of bed and sit at the table, open all the boxes and just nibble on all the food. She tried to take video of it but the lighting wasn't right and she didn't want him to know she was watching. But he was enjoying his Disney dining plan!

Fun thread!

We haven't been for years but our best experiences have been at 50's Prime Time, California Grill, Raglan Road, and Olivia's.

Our server at 50's is in the top 10 servers we have ever had...anywhere. He played the role so perfectly, went above and beyond. The food was good but the service was incredible. Our drinks were never empty, he kept the table clean, and made great recommendations even with regard to sharing and portion size. I wrote Disney we were so impressed.

The food and service were both excellent at California Grill and Olivia's.

Raglan was a blast; good food and great music!

We have had several wonderful and memorable dining experiences! There's are all repeat dining experiences.

OHANA - just DH and I for dinner; first time last year and again just a few weeks ago. WONDERFUL all around!! Food was exceptional, service was superb, servers were so very nice; accommodating when my chicken or steak was not quite to my liking. ABSOLUTELY recommend!!!

Crystal Palace - breakfast and lunch with kids multiple times from when they were two until 18ish. Never disappointed, always had a wonderful experience. This year, just DH and I REALLY enjoyed lunch here. Food was wonderful, staff excellent, characters a riot. SO MUCH FUN!

Kona cafe: DH and I enjoyed breakfast here twice last year's trip and once a few weeks ago. All were great!!!

OP... great thread!

We have had several wonderful and memorable dining experiences! There's are all repeat dining experiences.

OHANA - just DH and I for dinner; first time last year and again just a few weeks ago. WONDERFUL all around!! Food was exceptional, service was superb, servers were so very nice; accommodating when my chicken or steak was not quite to my liking. ABSOLUTELY recommend!!!

Crystal Palace - breakfast and lunch with kids multiple times from when they were two until 18ish. Never disappointed, always had a wonderful experience. This year, just DH and I REALLY enjoyed lunch here. Food was wonderful, staff excellent, characters a riot. SO MUCH FUN!

Kona cafe: DH and I enjoyed breakfast here twice last year's trip and once a few weeks ago. All were great!!!

OP... great thread!
Thank you! I was hoping this thread could shed some happy light especially for first timers making ADRs! Crystal Palace is my favorite restaurant! We go for breakfast every trip! I first went when I was about 2. I love the puffed French toast!

Thank you! I was hoping this thread could shed some happy light especially for first timers making ADRs! Crystal Palace is my favorite restaurant! We go for breakfast every trip! I first went when I was about 2. I love the puffed French toast!

Tusker House was also excellent for breakfast!

Victoria and Alberts. But that is an entirely different level.
Otherwise, California Grill or Jiko. Neither have ever disappointed. Always great food and service.

Sanaa. I love Indian food and I loved all of the curries. My main dish was sooo good! My kids still remember their Naan pizzas and decorating their own cookies.

Sanaa. I love Indian food and I loved all of the curries. My main dish was sooo good! My kids still remember their Naan pizzas and decorating their own cookies.
I’m debating on stopping at Sanaa for the bread service but I can’t seem to decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter