Best dinner for CP package

anne930

DIS Veteran
This will be our 3rd time for the Candlelight Processional dinner Package. The 1st year we ate at Canada (dinner good but waited a long time to get in - therefore had to rush through dinner and then it was a long walk to CP - was almost late!). Last year we ate at France - worked out better but still felt rushed. Want to try a new restaurant this year and a new strategy. Does it work better to arrive say 30-45 minutes early for dinner? Any opinions?

Back in 1998 we did Alfredo's for the CP package. It was a great location, since it was right by the Pavillion for CP. We did arrive at Alfredo's early, and we still had to wait. In all the times that I have eaten in WS, that night was our longest wait ever.

I think it is par for the course with those packages. So may people take advanatge of them. I have ressies for Le Cellier for my birthday, and I am wondering if the wait is going to be bad since the packages will probably be in effect then. At least we are not doing it, so we won't feel rushed through dinner. We didn't think our little DD's would sit thru the show.

We ate in Morroco @ Marrakesh last year. We didn't rush @ all, we saw the 8:15 show. We ate dinner first then walked over and we still had plenty of time. I think we had a 5:30 p.s. We even did a little shopping before the show. There was a belly dancer, but the show was tastefully done, because we had dd 16, ds 10 with us. We are greek so some of the food is similar to what my children are used to.

We, too, had a wait at Canada last year, but we had absolutely no rush and no problem getting to CP in time to get in line and get a great seat. We arrived about 20 minutes before our PS and were seated not too long after we were supposed to be.

Has anyone ever done the CP first and then eaten afterwards? We are a group of 12 and I'm thinking if we could eat afterwards we wouldn't be so rushed. I've narrowed it down to LeCellier or Marakesh. Any opionions? This is our first time doing the CP.

That's what I think we should do too. But I want to see CP after dark and still be able to get a good spot for Illuminations. Is this possible?

We did the early CP in 1999 and then ate dinner at Garden Grill afterwards. We felt a little rushed to get our GG PS on time, but once there we had a very relaxing and unhurried meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter